I've Finally Found Her...

The Gentleman Scamp

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it - finished.

I need to find a new creative outlet and for the past month this forum has provided a very good canvas for that.

I'll be alright but it's just a bummer on top of everything else and I can't wait to be a 'normal' expat with a 'normal' and reasonably secure expat life.

AND THIS IS MY 1,000TH POST!

Do I get a cake from George? :o:D

Well the romance has finished and The Gentleman Scamp is on his own again. 35 days of romantic liason with a girl called Ning. I think your next girl will be the one, if not Ill still be happy reading your exploits mate.

It is not supposed to be a sad occasion, as this is life and what is meant to be is....

I would suggest putting on your best Fred Perry, cut the one shoe lace in half and place two shoes on either feet - lace them up and get back out there.

I look forward to the next tale! :o

Well the romance has finished and The Gentleman Scamp is on his own again. 35 days of romantic liason with a girl called Ning. I think your next girl will be the one, if not Ill still be happy reading your exploits mate.

It is not supposed to be a sad occasion, as this is life and what is meant to be is....

I would suggest putting on your best Fred Perry, cut the one shoe lace in half and place two shoes on either feet - lace them up and get back out there.

I look forward to the next tale! :o

Cheers Torny.

I see my avatar has changed into the photo I scanned last night.

She looks like I'm holding her up - how come I'm taller than her?

Why do Thai photographic staff digitally erase blemishes only to add a hint of lipstick to the men and whiten the face???

We look better than we did in the last one anyway, but not much.

I know this wont help as you are upset by the break up mate, but it was 35 DAYS!

There are many Nings in Thailand and many better suited by your own accounts.

Yes you are now alone in a place where you came with a friend - you can use that to your advantage and start to really explore all of your choices in work and women.

I actually think (and have said many times to you), that you are not ready for a relationship as your "<deleted> work" does not afford you the luxury to be content or finacially viable to any suiter.

Use this free time to spend time alone and work out a stategy - sit on the beach, take time out, get your 1st months pay and live by it until you have to take action.

I have read on this thread and others, that all you have to do to better your life, is get motivated - well that aint true, if you motivate an idiot, you have a motivated idiot.

You need to visualise a future you want and work/educate your self to get to that vision.

Your 30, your single, your smart, your in Thailand, you are prepared to do what has to be done to get to that valhalla - now get on with it!

That's it - finished.

I need to find a new creative outlet and for the past month this forum has provided a very good canvas for that.

I'll be alright but it's just a bummer on top of everything else and I can't wait to be a 'normal' expat with a 'normal' and reasonably secure expat life.

AND THIS IS MY 1,000TH POST!

Do I get a cake from George? :o:D

ilovecakesm.jpg

I know this wont help as you are upset by the break up mate, but it was 35 DAYS!
I know mate, and as I wrote it wasn't about her but everything that went with it. I had what I wanted for a temp period and I was living what is really at the moment an unrealistic dream.
There are many Nings in Thailand and many better suited by your own accounts.
I actually think (and have said many times to you), that you are not ready for a relationship as your "<deleted> work" does not afford you the luxury to be content or finacially viable to any suiter.
Finding one is my last priority though - no relationship will last until I can pay for the cement for the foundations.
Yes you are now alone in a place where you came with a friend - you can use that to your advantage and start to really explore all of your choices in work and women.

And I will.

Use this free time to spend time alone and work out a stategy - sit on the beach, take time out, get your 1st months pay and live by it until you have to take action.
I am all ready to do that - as soon as it stops raining.
I have read on this thread and others, that all you have to do to better your life, is get motivated - well that aint true, if you motivate an idiot, you have a motivated idiot.

You need to visualise a future you want and work/educate your self to get to that vision.

I have the motivation - I just need to sustain it.

Your 30, your single, your smart, your in Thailand, you are prepared to do what has to be done to get to that valhalla - now get on with it!

I miss her and will continue to do so but at the same time I will be moving onwards and upwards (I can already multiple quote!)

Excellent post, from title to finish, should go up for the thread of the year award.

What some critics have said:

"5555 you crack me up" - Totster

"enjoyed your Saga a lot." - Coffeedude

"I've been enjoying this thread from the beginning" - donx

"Fan of your story" - Omloveyou

"I take my hat off to you..... this has been rivetting..... right from the start" -applemanthai

"Brilliant stuff" -RDN

"I almost pissed my pants reading this" - bkkmadness

"This is a brilliant story GS. You´ve got me hooked."

"THank you for sharing your life and times." - kayo

"I look forward to the next tale!" - Tornado

:D:D:D

Top stuff.

Now some of the madness advice:

1: I can harp on about how unlucky I am and how miserable life is, bore the shit out of my friends and lose respect from those faceless allies who have enjoyed my posts.

2: I can screw the world, move back to Bangers, get any old job, have casual sex and maybe start writing a book as it seems I do have something worth going for that could earn me a few baht.

You got more choices than that man, don't narrow yourself down.

Now for some symbolic sh1t:

She looks like I'm holding her up - how come I'm taller than her?

Maybe you was always taller than her Scamp, but you never realised it when you stood so close. :o

And now for some lighthearted sh1t to take your mind of the crap symbolic sh1t:

Why do Thai photographic staff digitally erase blemishes only to add a hint of lipstick to the men and whiten the face???

Be totally honest with us Scamp, they never added the lipstick did they m8. :D

That's it, I'm out of here, unless some new stuff comes to light on this tale. Chin up Scamp, throw out the flip flops, sell her necklace, and get hunting again.

Scamp what a great read you must surely publish it many would buy it.

Im back in Thailand next month. you give me confidence in my self from your postings. You are quite the lad. Alot of hidden talent in those fingers of yours.

Advice, all ways wear the helmet on both heads. drop the ciggies and drink german beer slowly.

Be positive you are so young go for it

• 2 weeks later...

Scampy, Greetings from Vegas!

I have been following your story for the past couple of months now.

I finally got around to signing up with thaivisa forum today after delaying forever.. I registered just so that I could express my admiration for your writing skills and b*lls to make your life public (or atleast part of it ) ..

I've been to Bkk off and on and can relate to your experiences in Thailand!

If you ever get to publish a book, I will definitly stop by Pukhet to get a signed copy!

-ItsAllDee :o

hey look - i know that even the best of relationships have their ups and downs.. but i believe me, as someone who has tried to ignore warning signs before... i think 'don't love me too much'.. is a very big danger sign.

you seem like a nice normal guy - try not to allow your emotions to be controlled by someone who sounds like they are unsure of their own feelings. it often ends in tears..

good luck!