New Airport In Samui - True Or False

Nirvana

I have heard before stories of a new airport being circulated before, but yesterday apparently some guys turned up at our property to do a survey of whole land and were asking the locals in surrounding area how much they paid for land stating that a new airport was planned and they were the official government surveyors (they were from Pattani actually??).

They said the airport was planned before to start in ten years but now it will be Three years and this land has been selected as above Nam Muang to Road new Taling Ngam. I would seek any info or comments if anyone knws anything about this or from where to get reliable information. Not really so keen on my little piece of paradise being bulldozed under a forced sale etc.

The new airport has had a refit but obviously cannot take larger plans so i just wonder here ??

Also could be some developer maybe trying to pass themselves off as official to get the local villagers to sell up...

I have heard before stories of a new airport being circulated before, but yesterday apparently some guys turned up at our property to do a survey of whole land and were asking the locals in surrounding area how much they paid for land stating that a new airport was planned and they were the official government surveyors (they were from Pattani actually??).

They said the airport was planned before to start in ten years but now it will be Three years and this land has been selected as above Nam Muang to Road new Taling Ngam. I would seek any info or comments if anyone knws anything about this or from where to get reliable information. Not really so keen on my little piece of paradise being bulldozed under a forced sale etc.

The new airport has had a refit but obviously cannot take larger plans so i just wonder here ??

Also could be some developer maybe trying to pass themselves off as official to get the local villagers to sell up...

Shouldn't worry too much. Look how long the New Bangkok Airport took from concept to a sort of completion.

Larger planes are now using Samui airport. The Airbus A319s started regularly last month and the plans are to return all the leased Boeing 717s and replace them with these.

Thanks Gatorade.

Checked with our Lawyer , he said had heard nothing about it.

Apparently the people living about 200 meters behind in middle of a field have been given some papers, so will try to get a copy of these to see what it is. I did think they extended the run way at existing airport, so to me makes no sense to have two airports, but then again TIT. Point for me is i want to build a house and not keen onthat if it is going to be placed under a compulsary purchase order (if there is such a thing in thailand)??

Bit surprised not to see more comments to this posting from long time samui residents, or maybe thats just it no one has heard anything.

Merry xmas all meantime