Home Depot Of Pattaya?

1stbase

Apart from HomePro, HomeWorks, HomeMart, True Value, BigC and Lotus, I would recommend a store which is close to Wattana Computer, and diagonally across from Foodland, on Pattaya Klang road (going towards the beach).

It is run by a family, 3 or 4 generations virtually live in the store. It is an Alladin's cave of odds and ends, not all to your wastern quality level, but cheap and usually good value. And they have a lot of stuff the bigger stores do not bother to stock. No aircon, no fancy anything, but a very fun place to explore for the special stuff.

Talk to one of the two girls working there, they both speak OK English, and know where everything is.

Otherwise I have also found many things in the Naklua area, in the road where the post office is (Sawang Fa?) Happy hunting!

Apart from HomePro, HomeWorks, HomeMart, True Value, BigC and Lotus, I would recommend a store which is close to Wattana Computer, and diagonally across from Foodland, on Pattaya Klang road (going towards the beach).

It is run by a family, 3 or 4 generations virtually live in the store. It is an Alladin's cave of odds and ends, not all to your wastern quality level, but cheap and usually good value. And they have a lot of stuff the bigger stores do not bother to stock. No aircon, no fancy anything, but a very fun place to explore for the special stuff.

Talk to one of the two girls working there, they both speak OK English, and know where everything is.

Otherwise I have also found many things in the Naklua area, in the road where the post office is (Sawang Fa?) Happy hunting!

I would recommend this one too.

I doubt whether raro would approve.

Much too hot! :D

But a good place, nevertheless.

There's a similar place, near my home in Pong.

Generally I find these places much more friendly, with staff who know what they are talking about and are very helpful.

Unlike the Homepros of this world, whose staff give you blank stares when you ask for something, never have any spare parts for anything you previously bought there, and often tell you "mai mee", and then ten minutes later you find it yourself :o

Not unlike the UK, where the fast disappearing traditional hardware stores are much better than the B&Q's/Home Bases, and surprisingly, are often cheaper.

Mobi,

As we are this weekend moving to Pong (near Khun John's resto), I would like to know where this hardware store is, if you wouldn't mind giving some directions. Nice to have a "local"!

Drive along the 3240, approaching the Bangkok Rayong Highway.

On the left you pass Wat Pong, then on the right, two open air markets (only one open at any one time). Just past the second market, on the right, in the slip road that also serves as the return leg of the U-turn, there is a row of traditional shop houses; the main one has a huge TOA sign. That's it.

If you are approaching from Mabprachan, take the u-turn under the Rayong highway flyover and then park up outside the shop.

If you are moving to the area, you will also find the markets very good. They are very popular with a good supply of fresh meat, veg and fruit.

A genuine, local Thai community. Very friendly, but little English spoken. We have made good friends with many Thai families in the area, including folk from the Or Bor Tor office who often come by to ask if we have any problems.

Well looking for foodland along pattaya klang I saw homepro which had what i needed, thanks for the help everyone!

Having found Home Pro and Carrefor, if you travel another 200m up Pattaya Klang towards Sukumvit, Foodland is on th left and the hardware on the right.

Since the OP got such great advice here, I would appreciate it if they would reciprocate and just give us an update if they ever found the nails they were looking for. And you never really did say what they were for... just curious I guess.

Since the OP got such great advice here, I would appreciate it if they would reciprocate and just give us an update if they ever found the nails they were looking for. And you never really did say what they were for... just curious I guess.