Tourist Visa Rejected

Tropo, if you are actually wealthy, why not call one of the legal services advertised here TV and ask how you can stay here for a year or two. For a whopping $1,000 USD you can have a non imm B visa and a work permit good for 1 year with only an annual visa run involved.

Don't worry, I know exactly where to get dodgy non-immigrant B's, and you won't find any legal services advertising them.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You two are full of useful information.

This is true

I'm talking about people who want to live in Thailand for a year or two, not forever.

You never stated that in your original post. Therefore the info on the Thai Elite is a valid response.

How about helping out the readers with some info on how this "Thailand Elite Card" is obtained. This is a tourist visa thread, so most here would probably know nothing about it.

You raised the question as to what visa should a WEALTHY person obtain? You have been given your answer.

I can,t post the link but ANY google search will bring up the website.

We both know exactly why you replied in this thread, and it had nothing to do with you wishing to provide any useful information.

If you go back to my original comment it's pretty obvious that I'm referring to people who have enough money to support themselves indefinitely without having to work in Thailand and people who DON'T want to get married.

Most people who stay here on tourist visas don't see it as a permanent solution either...that should be pretty obvious too.

The purpose of this visa forum is to discuss and provide useful information to people looking for visa options. Instead of giving lame replies and then suggesting for us to Google for the information, how about you provide some info.

Tell us all about this "Elite card". It's not clear on the website who is eligible to get one, but it appears to be business orientated. Perhaps you could open a new thread and suggest how tourist visa holders can get one.

Click here and then click the "Qualification" link. Lists the criteria very clearly.

There you go Tropo.

To quote you............" Considering you're the expert, what visa should an independantly wealthy person, or a person who has sufficient investment income who doesn't need to work, doesn't want marry, and who is under 50 get?

Seems like the advise for the Thai Elite Card is good advise.

1 million baht ( at present ) mmmmmmm thats about 3000 UK pounds a year? Seems like a bargain for " wealthy " people.

Edited by stevemiddie

Tropo, if you are actually wealthy, why not call one of the legal services advertised here TV and ask how you can stay here for a year or two. For a whopping $1,000 USD you can have a non imm B visa and a work permit good for 1 year with only an annual visa run involved.

Don't worry, I know exactly where to get dodgy non-immigrant B's, and you won't find any legal services advertising them.

I don't know of these dodgy visa's you are referring to, but what I am speaking of is 100% legit. You apparently haven't even inquired about this option with one of the legal services. Being that a consultation is free, I can only assume that you either

• have no such problems and just enjoy killing time on here
  • are too lazy
  • are not wealthy, and beyond that have problems coming up with 35k baht

For someone who is wealthy and on a long vacation, it should certainly be worth your time and general peace of mind to go the easy route and not have make visa runs every 30, 60, or 90 days.

Hope you find a solution to your problem. Cheers.

Click here and then click the "Qualification" link. Lists the criteria very clearly.

There you go Tropo.

Shall I read it out for you or can you do that yourself? :o

I'll do even better, I'll paste the qualifications right here:

Qualifications of the Applicant/the Member (for a Thailand Elite card)

1. Being sui juris under Thai law and be at the age of or over 20 years old;

2. Being allowed to stay in Thailand in accordance with the immigration laws or any related law of Thailand;

3. Not being a Thai citizen or the foreigner who have obtained a permanent residency status in Thailand;

4. Not having been sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment in any countries except for an offence committed through negligence;

5. Not having been adjudicated bankrupt; and

6. Not having been declared as a person of unsound mind, incompetence, or quasi-incompetence.

As I said, it is not clear who is eligible for one of these cards. According to the qualifications above just about any tourist visa holder is eligible.

As I said earlier, your replies are lame and devoid of useful information.

You two are full of useful information.

This is true

I'm talking about people who want to live in Thailand for a year or two, not forever.

You never stated that in your original post. Therefore the info on the Thai Elite is a valid response.

How about helping out the readers with some info on how this "Thailand Elite Card" is obtained. This is a tourist visa thread, so most here would probably know nothing about it.

You raised the question as to what visa should a WEALTHY person obtain? You have been given your answer.

I can,t post the link but ANY google search will bring up the website.

We both know exactly why you replied in this thread, and it had nothing to do with you wishing to provide any useful information.

No...I don,t know.

The Thai Elite Card is not useful for wealthy people?

If you go back to my original comment it's pretty obvious that I'm referring to people who have enough money to support themselves indefinitely without having to work in Thailand and people who DON'T want to get married.

Hence the Thai Elite. :o

Most people who stay here on tourist visas don't see it as a permanent solution either...that should be pretty obvious too.

The purpose of this visa forum is to discuss and provide useful information to people looking for visa options. Instead of giving lame replies and then suggesting for us to Google for the information, how about you provide some info.

I thought links were not allowed?

Tell us all about this "Elite card". It's not clear on the website who is eligible to get one, but it appears to be business orientated. Perhaps you could open a new thread and suggest how tourist visa holders can get one.

Seems pretty clear to me how to get one.

Se

Edited by stevemiddie

There you go Tropo.

Shall I read it out for you or can you do that yourself? :o

I'll do even better, I'll paste the qualifications right here:

Qualifications of the Applicant/the Member (for a Thailand Elite card)

1. Being sui juris under Thai law and be at the age of or over 20 years old;

2. Being allowed to stay in Thailand in accordance with the immigration laws or any related law of Thailand;

3. Not being a Thai citizen or the foreigner who have obtained a permanent residency status in Thailand;

4. Not having been sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment in any countries except for an offence committed through negligence;

5. Not having been adjudicated bankrupt; and

6. Not having been declared as a person of unsound mind, incompetence, or quasi-incompetence.

As I said, it is not clear who is eligible for one of these cards. According to the qualifications above just about any tourist visa holder is eligible.

You don,t have to be on a tourist visa to apply. Just come up with the money. :D

As I said earlier, your replies are lame and devoid of useful information.

Edited by stevemiddie

I don't know of these dodgy visa's you are referring to, but what I am speaking of is 100% legit. You apparently haven't even inquired about this option with one of the legal services. Being that a consultation is free, I can only assume that you either

• have no such problems and just enjoy killing time on here
  • are too lazy
  • are not wealthy, and beyond that have problems coming up with 35k baht

For someone who is wealthy and on a long vacation, it should certainly be worth your time and general peace of mind to go the easy route and not have make visa runs every 30, 60, or 90 days.

Hope you find a solution to your problem. Cheers.

What a load of nonsense. There is no legit non-B visa that a non-working person can get through a legal firm.

I can only assume that you either

1. Are misinformed

2. Are very bored and decided to kill time on here

3. Decided to spread misinformation just for the h*ll of it

There's one more, but I'll leave it up to your imagination.

Cheers

You don,t have to be on a tourist visa to apply. Just come up with the money. :o

Obviously not, however before you hijacked this thread it was about tourist visas, so people clicking on these links want information on tourist visas...obviously.

If 1 million baht was all that is required to get an Elite Card it's a piece of cake isn't it? All retirees need 800K which is not far off right?

Do some homework and you'll find that 1 million baht won't get you one...there's a lot more too it.

You don,t have to be on a tourist visa to apply. Just come up with the money. :o

Obviously not, however before you hijacked this thread it was about tourist visas, so people clicking on these links want information on tourist visas...obviously.

If you don,t want advise on your options....then DO NOT ask what visa,s should wealthy non working under 50 year olds have?

Posters have answered YOUR question. Cheers!

Well Tropo..............what else can we advise you?

Clearly the Thai Elite Card is not for you. Looks like TV,s for all the long term tourists then.

You call that advice?

There is no good alternative for long term tourists under 50, period.

If 1 million baht was all that is required to get an Elite Card it's a piece of cake isn't it? All retirees need 800K which is not far off right?

Do some homework and you'll find that 1 million baht won't get you one...there's a lot more too it.

Such as? If you meet the qualifications listed.....then you can apply and receive this. Its not rocket science.

Please tell us ( since you have clearly done the homework ) what else is there to it?

So why did you ask a question about non-Tourist Visas then if that is all this thread is supposed to be about? You created the "hijacking" yourself.

Such as? If you meet the qualifications listed.....then you can apply and receive this. Its not rocket science.

Please tell us ( since you have clearly done the homework ) what else is there to it?

As I said, the Elite card is designed for people conducting regular business in Thailand, not for tourists or retirees.

If I'm wrong, then prove it and finally maybe you can provide some useful information on here.

As I said, the Elite card is designed for people conducting regular business in Thailand, not for tourists or retirees.

If I'm wrong, then prove it and finally maybe you can provide some useful information on here.

Why don't you stop asking everyone else to do your homework for you? Several people have offered a solution to your problem and you have only managed to be argumentative with them. Not a great way to get more people in here willing to help you, though I think most of your options have been presented to you, yet you don't seem to be interested in researching them further.

Cheers

Why don't you stop asking everyone else to do your homework for you? Several people have offered a solution to your problem and you have only managed to be argumentative with them. Not a great way to get more people in here willing to help you, though I think most of your options have been presented to you, yet you don't seem to be interested in researching them further.

Cheers

We've had no help at all from you.

Anyway, I'll help you:

Here's some recent news about the Thailand Elite Card that would have been useful for you to mention instead of all your baiting and bickering:

We've been told Monday is the deadline to still get the million Baht price ( you need to fill out the application.) It goes up on Jan 1st 2008 to 1.5 million Baht and to get the lower price, you need to be approved and funds in the bank by that time. It seems they are seriously going to enforce this cutoff ( this is the stance at this time.) In fact if you call the membership hotline, as I did this morning, they are saying" it's already now 1.5 million Baht."

http://www.thailandelite.com/contactus.php

No.......you never said. :o

Whilst the Thai Elite Card is AIMED at the business community..........it is NOT a requirement that you be in business. You do NOT have to show any company papers..........contracts of employment etc. You can obtain this on the basis of looking at opportunities.

The qualification for obtaining this has already been posted.............but point No.6 may be of some concern. :D

No.......you never said. :D

Whilst the Thai Elite Card is AIMED at the business community..........it is NOT a requirement that you be in business. You do NOT have to show any company papers..........contracts of employment etc. You can obtain this on the basis of looking at opportunities.

The qualification for obtaining this has already been posted.............but point No.6 may be of some concern. :D

I'm interested in knowing who declares such things. The Thai goverment? :o

Easy, go home once or twice a year and get your multi visa while your are at it.

Straight and simple they would prefer not to have these malingers, $30 a day cowboys

renting a cheap apartment and staying for ever. It does not bode well with real tourist seeing 10's of thousands

of foreigners trying to live on the cheap. Nothing more or nothing less.

Many retirees who would spend as they do back home are even turnd off by the de facto low income residents.

It is a privilege not a tourist right

Thailand defines it as 6 months of leisure living not homesteading!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism

tourists as people who "travel to and stay in places outside their usual environment for not more than one consecutive year for leisure,

I'm not too concerned about requirement No.6. An Elite Card is not an option for me anyway because I'd need 2 (another one for my GF) and I'm not about to pay 3 million baht for 5 years in Thailand...and still have to get visa extensions every 90 days. I may be wealthy, but I didn't get that way by throwing money away. :o

It was good of you to finally post some useful information about the card.

Cheers.

Easy, go home once or twice a year and get your multi visa while your are at it.

Straight and simple they would prefer not to have these malingers, $30 a day cowboys

renting a cheap apartment and staying for ever. It does not bode well with real tourist seeing 10's of thousands

Many retirees who would spend as they do back home are even turnd off by the de facto low income residents.

Who are you assuming lives on $30 a day?

Where do you get your info, cowboy?

Who are you assuming lives on $30 a day?

Where do you get your info, cowboy?

I think he assumes that everyone lives on what he does

I'm not too concerned about requirement No.6. An Elite Card is not an option for me anyway because I'd need 2 (another one for my GF) and I'm not about to pay 3 million baht for 5 years in Thailand...and still have to get visa extensions every 90 days. I may be wealthy, but I didn't get that way by throwing money away. :o

Looks like you are out of options then. Do the normal TV stuff.

I,m independently poor but at least I get to live here with no border runs. :D