Tourist Visa Rejected

Thought Penang was a bit harsh rejecting me...... have been in Thailand for a total of six months this year. when i got my second tourist visa in singapore they remarked do not apply here again. Apparently Penang rejected me on the basis of that remark

Singapore is supposed to be tight - as I have said before they will not give me or even my VP multi-entry non-imm B visa's and we areas legitimate household name MNC who visits our BKK office regularly??

And certain groups are up in arms in the UK as we wish to restrict it to 90 days instead of 180 :o

I am looking at selling up in the UK and moving to Thailand in the spring of next year. How easy or difficult is it going to be in getting a visa?

Thanks

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent 3 nights at Bangkok Pattaya.............but my health insurance covered that.

I take it you have NO insurance?

The insurance paid 100% of the costs? Got to be a good one; mind to share the name of the company?

Amazing Thailand was not intended to mean the #1 attraction of foreign failures, creeps and losers.

How do you know what Amazing Thailand was intended for? Are you Thai? Who are you?

LOL! Lots of expert expats around here.

I knew an old hand who had been here 40 years (when I knew him), raised a family, worked in a very high profile & prestige situation, spoke the language fluently .. and told me that he still didn't really know Thailand.

Some folks spend a couple years in HH, Pattaya, BKK and know all there is to know. :o

Do you realise that the funds a 30 day visa exempt visitor requires (if asked) are 10,000 baht.

What that means is that Thailand is quite happy to entertain short term tourists on $10 a day.

Short term tourists!You come to Thailand,spend your 10K Baht and fly home.Simple,isn't it?

Have you more to spend?Buy a tourist visa,one entry,or multiple entry,you can spend more(and have a better time,10$ a day doesn't buy much in today Thailand).After the holiday:go home! :o

Wrong on all counts. You're allowed 90 days on 30-day visa free exemptions. After that a person could get a double entry TV in Laos and with extensions stay another 6 months, and then 3 more border runs...amazing isn't it? A year as a tourist without returning home.

Simple isn't it? Some people just don't want to go home..

There quite a number of people such as yourself that just can't handle the fact that some people can holiday for long of periods of time. I haven't been home for 5 years.

The resent and envy runs deep in all tourist visa threads. You're about the 10th person on this thread alone suggesting that we should go home.

KISS MY .....

I'm NOT RESIDENT in Thailand since nearly six years,during this time went many times to my home country.I spent most of my adult life outside my country,due to work and vacationing.I don't consider myself a tourist in Thailand. Don't resent the(real)tourists,and don't see why should envy them.Don't resent even the english teachers,real or fakes,luckily don't have a son/daughter in a Thai school.

Strangely,I think that if someone has the will,and the means to reside,legally,in a foreign country,should be permitted to do so.

Nice avatar BTW.

This is only my humble opinion,don't expect everyone t share it

Talking about missing the point. This has nothing to do with immigration.

No, I think you've missed it. The fact he gets extensions means he must be using the income/bank balance method of presenting 800,000 baht. That means he must have a reasonable amount in that bank account, which of course, can be used for medical emergencies.

So you don't know about his method of staying...you're just guessing. When you know for sure feel free to post again and we can continue this discussion.

So you don't know about his method of staying...you're just guessing. When you know for sure feel free to post again and we can continue this discussion.

Sigh...

What else can it be? He told me he's receiving Australia's old age pension as he's over 65 and he said it gives him $30 a day. He also said that he keeps getting extensions based on retirement. Now that amount does not translate into 65,000 baht a month. Which means that he has to be making up the shortfall in cash in order to satisfy immigration.

what visa should an independantly wealthy person, or a person who has sufficient investment income who doesn't need to work, doesn't want marry, and who is under 50 get?

Err... Thailand Elite Card maybe?

no way the "priviledge" of living in Thailand could ever be valued 1 million baht.

Actually we wealthy people are the ones giving Thailand the priviledge of receiving our living money.

They should change attitude quickly or they risk losing such priviledge and once the favour of wealthy people is gone, it is very difficult to get it back. :o

It looks like Tailand don't want Longstayers anymore, just tourists who spend money quickly and go home. There are only two options if you are not 50 year old: 1. Company & work permit or 2. marriage. But even there we get discriminated. As foreigners we have to pay taxes, both ways, which locals don't have to pay. In Europe everybody pays taxes, nut just only foreigners. But we have to accept their ways and rules or we have to leave the country. The best choice is looking for a second home, cambodia for example. Once you are etablished you don't have much more costs anymore. For example: If you spend 3 months in Pattaya or Phuket and tree months in Sihanoukville. Why not? It takes Thailand 6 month money away in a year and gives you a little bit of changes in your life and a brighter "view", and helps cambodia to grow. We are foreigners and we can't make any roules. So we have to deal with it and make the best of this matter. It is maybe the better and cheaper ,as set up a business & company in Thailand and losing our money. Marriage is another choice, but not everybody like to marry. some peaple like to be single and independed. Even there is cheaper to go the "2 home way" instead of marry and loosing all your money and property later.

what visa should an independantly wealthy person, or a person who has sufficient investment income who doesn't need to work, doesn't want marry, and who is under 50 get?

Err... Thailand Elite Card maybe?

no way the "priviledge" of living in Thailand could ever be valued 1 million baht.Actually we wealthy people are the ones giving Thailand the priviledge of receiving our living money.

They should change attitude quickly or they risk losing such priviledge and once the favour of wealthy people is gone, it is very difficult to get it back. :o

The privilege of an Elite Card now costs 1.5 million baht (over $45,000). It allows you visa "privileges" for only 5 years and you still have to get 90 day extensions at the cost of 1,900 if you wish to stay longer.

Edited by tropo

It looks like Tailand don't want Longstayers anymore, just tourists who spend money quickly and go home. There are only two options if you are not 50 year old: 1. Company & work permit or 2. marriage. But even there we get discriminated. As foreigners we have to pay taxes, both ways, which locals don't have to pay. In Europe everybody pays taxes, nut just only foreigners. But we have to accept their ways and rules or we have to leave the country. The best choice is looking for a second home, cambodia for example. Once you are etablished you don't have much more costs anymore. For example: If you spend 3 months in Pattaya or Phuket and tree months in Sihanoukville. Why not? It takes Thailand 6 month money away in a year and gives you a little bit of changes in your life and a brighter "view", and helps cambodia to grow. We are foreigners and we can't make any roules. So we have to deal with it and make the best of this matter. It is maybe the better and cheaper ,as set up a business & company in Thailand and losing our money. Marriage is another choice, but not everybody like to marry. some peaple like to be single and independed. Even there is cheaper to go the "2 home way" instead of marry and loosing all your money and property later.

Living as an itinerant would not suit everybody, and really a good solution IMO.

Living as an itinerant would not suit everybody, and really a good solution IMO.

Too late to edit. That should read: "and NOT really a good solution".

I agree it is only costing them a couple grand to fly home and get another multi visa.

Mainly the ones that cry about not being able to meet the standards seem to be the same ones who

cannot afford the flight home!

I do not have much sympathy for the ones that come from advanced countries that cannot meet these low standards.

Maybe it would be wise for advanced countries to send their welfare society to live in Thailand. They might just learn to eat bugs and whatnot and cut down on taxes on the many that work hard for their living.

How many times have we heard about these poor buggers that need to live in Thailands climate because of their

ailments while we work extra years to pay their share of taxes.

In a way these rules help us a bit by not allowing these low income insurance, gov health scams.

The ones that seem to be able to do anything and party hardy but not work and pay taxes.

Khun?, you are forgetting that not all of these requierments is about money, if you are under the age of 50 and do not work in Thailand, their is no other option then to stay here long-term on tourist visas and such.

This is IMHO the right way to look at the actual Thai situation.Cambodia, but Vietnam and others SEA countries too,you can live as a tourist for a long time.

Only,the whiners don't even consider it.Why?

I think many understands the WHY,but Forum Rules! :o