Aus Tourist Visa Good News

My future wife picked up her passport yesterday with a nice new Aussie tourist visa inside. First application to Aus (but has been to the UK before) and she got 12 month multi-entry, so got to be happy about that. She applied on 12th Dec, it was issued on the 14th, no phone call for information, no interview.

Now the reason I even mention it is the application was simple and honest and was in no way over done. All it took was a letter from me stating our relationship status and our intention in Aus (which is to get married), a copy of my passort and my bank statements to show I can pay for her costs. Thats it, nothing more. I guess the moral is if the case is strong and clear there should be no reason why a visa should be refused.

Guess now in 12 months the wife to be will apply for spouse visa for Aus, no doubt it will be more complex but I cannot see why there would be any problems with that either, provided the case speaks for itself.

My future wife picked up her passport yesterday with a nice new Aussie tourist visa inside. First application to Aus (but has been to the UK before) and she got 12 month multi-entry, so got to be happy about that. She applied on 12th Dec, it was issued on the 14th, no phone call for information, no interview.

Now the reason I even mention it is the application was simple and honest and was in no way over done. All it took was a letter from me stating our relationship status and our intention in Aus (which is to get married), a copy of my passort and my bank statements to show I can pay for her costs. Thats it, nothing more. I guess the moral is if the case is strong and clear there should be no reason why a visa should be refused.

Guess now in 12 months the wife to be will apply for spouse visa for Aus, no doubt it will be more complex but I cannot see why there would be any problems with that either, provided the case speaks for itself.

First .....congrats on the visa....

Now.....dont get too cocky.... :o the spouse visa can be hel_l....the application is ok but the evidence they require is a lot tougher....and if they suspect even a hint of falsehood they will be tough at the interview.

Graham

First .....congrats on the visa....

Now.....dont get too cocky.... :o the spouse visa can be hel_l....the application is ok but the evidence they require is a lot tougher....and if they suspect even a hint of falsehood they will be tough at the interview.

Graham

Yeah don't worry about that I know they are two different beasts indeed.

My GF and I are lucky that we have the luxury of not needing to apply for a spouse visa for about 12 months when my contract in the UK ends. By that time we will have been married and living together in an European country for about 12 months. That should give plenty of time to make a case for a spouse visa that would hard to find hole in. But yes reading these pages we will know what to do between now and then to make the case solid.

Wonder if they are feeling generous at this time at the Visa Office. Maybe the "Season"

I've been there twice recently, and not another soul inside waiting.

Walked straight from the Sign-In desk to the window.

I think you mean the Embassy..... :D

They havent shown much Xmas spirit to my mate....read my new thread on the police clearance.

:o

No, infact it was the Visa Office (34th Floor)

First time went in the early afternoon........No clients waiting

Second time 9:00 am yesterday...............Again, me the only taker!

Visa office?

Where is it? Is it new?

Do I need to show financial stuff for my Thai wife getting a tourist visa? She's been before and I'm British.

Thai CC Tower

Unit 2 & 3, 34th Floor

889, South Sathorn Road Yannawa

Bangkok 10120

I guess that's it. WHich part of Sathorn is it? Near the Embassy or near the other end?

Take the BTS to Surasak.....it is next to the Station...big white building with CC Towers written on top. You cant miss it.

It has been there a couple of years now.

If you mean her financial docs....yes....and any supporting evidence you both have....you can lodge originals...and they will give you a slip to tick that returns all the original Documents.

Edited by gburns57au