Marriage Extension Income Question

I believe you can also get the letter from the embassy confirming your income and also get a copy of your contract, payslips etc and have them all translated. Then show that together with the Thai bank book showing regular international transfers in.

Tax payment information is required.

lopburi,

i dont doubt your wisdom, however one question.

if as the op says he has 40k baht going into a thai bank account each month, if the account pays interest and he is taxed at the 15% rate on the interest, where would that be shown, he may not even have a bank book, just an atm card.

i have also heard of others being told for various reasons their account doesnt pay interest, so their would be no tax to be paid. what would happen in this situation.

i assume the op like a few others is working on the 40k baht per month scenario to extend a non o.

The poster is working in Thailand (from previous posts) and he must show tax records (income tax) for that money to be used for extension of stay.

lopburi,

jeez that was a quick reply, sorry didnt know the ops position, just went by what he asked.if only we were as all seeing and knowing as you. thanks

No, I am not working in Thailand and never said I did. I have an overseas business and deposits to my Thai accounts are from ATM withdrawals from overseas accounts. Maybe I need to set up a Thai company and send money to my local company, get work permit, and pay myself to have tax records here? Or could I just deposit money into wife's account or would she require tax records also?

The poster is working in Thailand (from previous posts) and he must show tax records (income tax) for that money to be used for extension of stay.

So much for trying to give specific information - four weeks ago you posted below and that you had a non immigrant B visa so, as you did not say otherwise in your question here, believed you were talking about yourself and that you had a work permit to renew.

Is there a minimum income requirement to renew the work permit and visa in LOS?

She would also need tax records but it would probably be an easier route to follow (just her reporting/paying seems to work).

No, I am not working in Thailand and never said I did. I have an overseas business and deposits to my Thai accounts are from ATM withdrawals from overseas accounts. Maybe I need to set up a Thai company and send money to my local company, get work permit, and pay myself to have tax records here? Or could I just deposit money into wife's account or would she require tax records also?

I also own my own business in the Uk and had my proof of income letter from the British Consul here in C.M. with a letter i typed myself on my company letterheaded paper (inc. position and salary) and a 1 month western union transfer slip exceeding the 40k required all inside 3 hours.

This Tax Information Required. Are you talking, Thai Tax Information or Australian Tax Information re: Income for 12 month extension applications?

What has happened to the money in the Bank approach, 400,000 Baht?

If one has shown in past years, only, money in the bank. No Thai Tax Paid. Money from overseas savings. Is this no longer possible?

Where are the regulations? How does one become informed officially? Is there one rule for one and a different one for others?

Is there any chance that Thai Visa could lay the facts out in the open for Marriage Extensioners to understand?

Please advise.

Can one satisfy the 40k per month income requirement by showing deposits to a Thai bank account 40k or more per month?

Hi Jackbox

I recently obtained a 12month non-img O visa in Sydney Aust. In reguards to money requirments,I showed

3 months of 40K plus coming in to my thai bank account(generated offshore) as well as a copy of "proof of employment"

from my work as I dont work in Thailand.

This was good enough for the consulate to grant me a visa.

Hope this helps out mate.

This Tax Information Required. Are you talking, Thai Tax Information or Australian Tax Information re: Income for 12 month extension applications?

What has happened to the money in the Bank approach, 400,000 Baht?

If one has shown in past years, only, money in the bank. No Thai Tax Paid. Money from overseas savings. Is this no longer possible?

Where are the regulations? How does one become informed officially? Is there one rule for one and a different one for others?

Is there any chance that Thai Visa could lay the facts out in the open for Marriage Extensioners to understand?

Please advise.

The 400,000 baht in a bank in Thailand was dropped last year. Now it is income of 40,000 baht per month. The change was widely publicised and debated.

If you are a married retiree, I assume you can still use the 40,000 per month income but as a non worker there would be no tax records.

Will the Embassy letter then be sufficient?

I am under 50 and married so the 40k was the only option for me but i pay tax (UK) on the money i have sent here from my business but have never been asked for any tax records and only needed the letter from the British Consul here.

No bank book, no bank letter ever requested.

Edited by princealbert

Local tax records are required for income inside Thailand. 400k bank deposit method is only available to those grandfathered. Full rules are contained in Police Order 606/2006 and you can find links to two English and one Thai version from the pinned items at the top of this page.

Local tax records are required for income inside Thailand. 400k bank deposit method is only available to those grandfathered. Full rules are contained in Police Order 606/2006 and you can find links to two English and one Thai version from the pinned items at the top of this page.

Who are those grandfathered?

Does anyone know if ACS at USA embassy issues Income Verification letters. They don't answer email and you cannot call them on the phone (just a useless recording). All anyone ever mentions on this forum is UK embassy.

Edited by jackbox

Who are those grandfathered?

Those who were using the 400,000 Baht in the bank method before October 2006 can continue to do so.