Long Stay Car Park Scam.

medicinebox

My friend just arrived back from a 2 week holiday. He went to the car to find his wife had lost the ticket. He went to the entry gate and pressed the button. It gave him a new ticket. He went to the machine stamped the ticket and paid the 1.50gbp. He pulled the car round and shoved the ticket in. Gate opened and off he went. Saved himself about 80gbp.

Isn't that terrible, I don't condone this sort of thing. :o:D:D

Anyone like to share anymore similar scams so I can frown upon the perpatrators. :D

Could this be the reason why e.g. BKK-airport has staff at each entry machine, who pushes the button for you and hands over the ticket?

Some airports, for ex. Taipei and Frankfurt do not have buttons but print out a ticket to any device with four wheels. Try it with a luggage trolley, so I heard. :o This was over 10 years ago, not sure it still works.

Btw, all carparks do manual checks and note down licence plates of longtime parked cars. Make sure you do not leave at a time before you entered. Clocks at entry run a bit ahead of clocks at exit and manual cashiers might wonder what's going on.

when I was at tech college in brisbane, aust, the car park at southbank had a deal where you got the first 2 hours free. So after finishing tafe for the day just waved a 12"shifter(adjustable spanner) over the coils in the road and proceeded to recieve a new ticket.

we were poor students, and we were taught the principles of induction.

the car park up the end we used was always empty anyway.

My friend just arrived back from a 2 week holiday. He went to the car to find his wife had lost the ticket. He went to the entry gate and pressed the button. It gave him a new ticket. He went to the machine stamped the ticket and paid the 1.50gbp. He pulled the car round and shoved the ticket in. Gate opened and off he went. Saved himself about 80gbp.

Isn't that terrible, I don't condone this sort of thing. :o:D:D

Anyone like to share anymore similar scams so I can frown upon the perpatrators. :D

If you get caught doing that in the UK you'll probably be looking @ a +1kGBP fine, not a few hundred bat to the local filth :D Is it worth it?

Isn't that terrible, I don't condone this sort of thing. :o  :D  :D

If you get caught doing that in the UK you'll probably be looking @ a +1kGBP fine, not a few hundred bat to the local filth :D Is it worth it?

They have to proove you did it intentionally. In this case he lost his ticket and was stranded. Or just act dumb...(normal???)

Dosen't work in all car parks, every system is different.

I think you will find if you get caught doing this in the UK 9 times out of 10 the police would be called whether you say you accidently got another ticket at a 60th of the price or not.. The 1 out of the 10 would addmittedly be the category your mate is in, as his wife would no doubt assume the position and get down on her knees :o

There is so many cameras in the car parks around British airports, that you'd easily be tracked back from the machine to the car and - there's your number plate.

Can't get away with the stranded bit either, as they all have little boxes with people sitting behind glass screens with "Information" glued aboved.

You could be lucky and the camera watcher's are watching the footie instead of the ticket machines, but wouldn't chance it too much.

I think you will find if you get caught doing this in the UK 9 times out of 10 the police would be called whether you say you accidently got another ticket at a 60th of the price or not..  The 1 out of the 10 would addmittedly be the category your mate is in, as his wife would no doubt assume the position and get down on her knees  :D

I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with this, because for once her gob would be getting him out of trouble. :o