Peak Season

hiromj

When does peak season end? I am thinking about coming the second week of January and I am wondering if I will have a hard time finding a hotel. Also, will the hotel prices still be peak season rates?

Generally, high season is considered to run from November through mid-April (Songkran - Thai New Year). The peak of the high-season is mid-December to mid-January (Christmas and New Year's holidays). Shouldn't have any problem finding a room at any time as there has been so much hotel construction that seems to be a overbuild situation for now.

When does peak season end? I am thinking about coming the second week of January and I am wondering if I will have a hard time finding a hotel. Also, will the hotel prices still be peak season rates?

You will be arriving right in the middle of the peak of the high season and despite the traditional indicators of visitor quantity being rather skewed these days, I would take the advice of awayfoe and get something nailed down over the internet. There may be bargains to be had but generally you won't see off-season prices till after April.

always somewhere available but maybe not the one you ideally wanted,so may be a hassle taxi ing about lookin....so good idea spend a few mins/hours internetting or ringing first.