Can anybody give me info

hello, is there anybody can give me some info. i have been living in thailand with a thai girlfriend for 3 months going in and out of the country every 30 days. i am to return to england later this month and will try for a longer visa it seems the longest i could get would be 3 months then out of the country to renew is this correct??

if you bring in 10m baart is there a resident visa you can get??

i am looking to stay in thailand and buy property but again hear many different stories, it seems i can buy a condo and own it, but have to start a thai company to own a house and land, is this so and can anybody tell me is this the best idea??

about driving in thailand can i use my uk driving licence and is it safe enough to buy vehicles over here???

any info would be appreicated. ::o:

I think you have answered most of your questions yourself.

When in the Uk apply to Hull Consulate for a "B" visa which you will need a letter from an employer offering employment ( a good quality Computer can sort this out) if the refuse you a "B" visa (unlikely) then they will give you an "O" visa.

With both visa's you are allowed to stay in Thailand for 90 days then you must do a border run for re-entry hence another 90 days ect.

You can buy a condo in your name as a farang providing that at least 51% of the residents are Thai (but that law is never much upheld).

To buy land and house you need a Registered Thai Limited Company and the company effectly owns the property just the same as in the UK. Or you could buy land with a Board of Investement title but that amount of money you need to invest in Thailand correct me if I am wrong is around 40 million baht, out of most peoples reach!

Consider leasing a property on a 30 year lease plus option of another 30 years that means you hold title of lease so the property can not be sold without your permission giving you right of occupancy and if Thai laws change and eventually you can own property as a fanang with a Limited Company involved you can transfer it to you.

Hope things work out.

Sev

thanks for your email reply. i am 30 years old, i think i'll go for the company option but need to look futher into it. can i apply for a o type visa or do i need first to apply for a b type??? i am not planning on working for anyone so how can i get a letter (or do i just use my own computer??)

with the 51% needing to be of own thai ownership does this still mean you own the property??

with the 2 million needed to start the business, is it a advantage to buy a house with seperate money and keep the 2 million for business use, is 2 million enough?? i am having problems thinking of which business to go into as the reason i am starting it is to stay in thialand and earn enough to live without spending everything i own.

can you help???

thanks andy. :o

Apply for a "B"visa first and yes a computor would help, wink wink say no more.

You do hold ownership when you buy a condo but rent it before you buy as many owners will accept this offer.

There is never such a thing as enough money no matter where you live, but as for the 2 million investment use that amount to buy a business and maintain the business over the low seasons which last for about 4 months May to September.

As for which business to chose that's down to what appeals to you.

Good Luck

Sev

Sevinnow,

Have you ever seen anybody go the computer route on the invitation letter? I'm thinking even if someone made up a letterhead and then sign it. What about the ton of tax docs they require, the shareholder list, the objectives of the companies, the companies stamp required on all the documents?

I just would be amazed that anybody could get a "B" visa with just a made up company letter. In my humble opinion, sure seems like its fire and its very high odds not having problems.

From the Thai embassy site...

For the purpose of conducting business in Thailand, the visa applicant must include with his or her visa application any such documentation the Consulate deems necessary for consideration of the visa application which includes the following:

1. An original letter of invitation on company letterhead from the business host in Thailand;

2. A copy of the host's Registration of Trade which states the amount of capital investment which is issued by the Department of Commercial Registration with certification by the Department not more than six months earlier;

3. Documentation of the payment of taxes by the business host of the past two years;

4. Any documents that prove you are  traveling for business purposes;

II.  For the purpose of employment in Thailand, the applicant must receive approval from the Ministry concerned , this means that the employer of the applicant must first apply ( by Form WP3) for and receive approval for the applicant's employment through the Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare, Mit-Maitree Road, Dindaeng, Bangkok 10400 - Tel. (662) 617-6578 or 617-6587 / Fax (662) 617-6576, in case of up-country the employer apply through the District Office or the Province Office , Once the approval has been granted, the applicant would then attach  this approval to his or her visa application and submit it to the Consulate.

--------------------------------------------------

Our company lawyers still maintain the "o" visa is the way to go until you register the company. If you already have register your company then go the "B" route.

I'm mystified how you could get around the roadblocks on a simple made -up invitation. The company is required to provide full documentation. Please clue me in. Thanks.

By the way, did you know a copy of your "B" application to the Consulate goes to the Royal Thai Police Department?

Just a comment that I had no problems getting a ´B´visa from Hull for multiple entry, based on a letter from my UK company that I wanted to visit Thailand to investigate the setting up of a business in Thailand. ..and this is what I have been doing in Thailand for the past 4 months.. :o

Hull England then is the reason why. I was wondering how in the world!!! You wouldn’t believe how hard some Consulates are. Could you believe some Consulates have called and asked for a new invitation letter, which they needed to have the holidays the employee would have? Of course more tax docs, etc. It seems like they all have different rules what they are interested in.

Still I wouldn’t try this at home... it’s playing with matches! It only takes one call from the Consulate and no more Thailand if you're put on the Blacklist.

i am only back in the uk for 2 weeks, is this enough time to apply and get a result from hull???? if not can i go to the london office and deal with them face to face??

i am a little confused about which to go for now o or b are they both 3month visa's, and then can i get a further 3 months by going to any other country every 90 days???

???  ???

If the Consulate in Hull is giving them away and it makes no difference to them... most people would say " get the "B" visa."

Every 90 days you go to the border and come back. You only have to cross for 5 minutes. :-) New 90 day visa with no paperwork if you have a one year multi entry visa.

Quick comment that the Hull consulate does not 'give away' the B visas :o  Although I received my visa very quickly and without any problems, I did supply them with a detailed explanation of my business, set of accounts etc etc.

Good luck!