California Wow Pattaya

welbeck

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A HiSo working in Big C at less than 200 baht/day????? Can't imagine her working at Big C. There aren't many other things that she could do and loose more face, if she were Thai HiSo.

I saw the pic and think that she might not get a second look from most guys, if she walked down Soi 6.

Are u sure that it is na ling? Is that what she calls you? Or maybe it was dahling with a HiSo accent.

She worked at Big C - Please give me a break ? Does her parents know this ? i think not ? No HI-SO's even friend of a friend would shop @ Big C let alone work there ....! did she wear that lime green T-shirt with a badge on it ?

This topic is dead now ! what a load of bullshit !! please get over it , deal with it and move on ... theres plenty more HI-SO Fish in the sea , however they are not in Pattaya or Walking Street, they prefer the warmer waters of Met Bar or four Seasons Bar in Bkk . It will cost you more than 1,000 a glass and may have a door whore! dress to impress ..

To the idiots and yes you are idiots, that suggested the manager have an accident or incur some busted kneecaps, don't make such assinine suggestions unless you are prepared for the legal consequences and understand the retaliation that can occur. We're talking about a small consumer disagreement, not the sacking of Nanjing, ok. Only someone that wants a one way ticket home sealed in a plastic bag and shoved into a cardboard box, after taking one of Pattaya's famous balcony flying lessons recommends such violence.

.Pattaya provides such interesting stories that never seem to happen anywhere else.

To the idiots and yes you are idiots, that suggested the manager have an accident or incur some busted kneecaps, don't make such assinine suggestions unless you are prepared for the legal consequences and understand the retaliation that can occur. We're talking about a small consumer disagreement, not the sacking of Nanjing, ok. Only someone that wants a one way ticket home sealed in a plastic bag and shoved into a cardboard box, after taking one of Pattaya's famous balcony flying lessons recommends such violence.

.Pattaya provides such interesting stories that never seem to happen anywhere else.

I agree. He was no good as a manager and quite rightly deserved to be sacked.

"A small consumer disagreement" which seems to happen every time this guy comes into contact

with a member of the public. Geriatric Kid, maybe you can come up and shoot one of your little

rubber suction-cup play arrows at him. That will teach him a lesson not soon forgotten. :o

Maybe I've missed a few things, but were did you get these "facts" ?

actually he is a yank .......hes definitely not fit,go and take a look at him......my girl says he looks funny(shes not wrong) haha...hes actually younger than he looks unless hes lying about his real age(possible)...he gets away with a lot there as his dad practically owns the california chain.

24 Hour Fitness sales people in the US were never as aggressive as described here. This manager sounds like a one of a kind jerk. A proper report to the hqdtrs might find him on the street. This guy a sounds like a total ass and should be fired.

Do you have a problem with Americans? Remember that is only one person. Losers come from everywhere. The fact that he may look funny is not something that you should be commenting on and it is a rude remark.

hello......i got these facts from the horses mouth so to speak :D ......if you go there and talk to him then you will get these facts also.hes from america so hes a yank......he said he is 25 (cant remember exactly but was around this) but i would say looks easy in his thirties(maybe all those pressure sales he does).....just my opinion of course,you may think he looks yonger than that.he told me his dad is the big big boss so thats why i presume he can get away with any complaints made about him(i checked and yes his pops is very high up the california corporate ladder),anyway these companies dont care about complaints of sales staff as they want them to push the customers...its numbers that they care about and if plenty are joining then he will be praised as head of sales...when figures are crap then he will get slightly moaned at......so i hope this answers your questions.i thank you. :D:o

to finish off....i dont have a problem with americans just jerks....i didnt think the term yank was offensive...if it is i apologise.also i apologise if you get upset that my lady said he looks funny....thats just her opinion and as to being rude have you not read what he has done to many of the people he has talked to.....read original post to recap just a little....but i would say he has been more than a little rude by a long way so saying he looks funny is not too bad......personally i think he is a complete <deleted>....u even called him a loser and an ass.i rest my case.goodbyeeeeeeeee

Agreed about the Yank, I left las night as he "gave" me a few mintues to decide if I wanted to sign up and pay 28k there and then for the wife and I even after stating quite clearly that I want to discuss it further. Even asked me how much money I had on me and where my credit cards were. :o

Nice looking gym and we were very interested in joining but the bullshit pressure sales began to seriously piss me off & that with the feeling that we'd never be able to do a workout there without being hassled has put us off.

Hope California Wow is reading this topic and takes notes.

:D

I hope to get an answer to my email from him (several already off his plebs) but looks like he's disappeared into the Xmas forest and we'll have to see if he emerges.

Latest shit I heard. 2 of you join at around 15k per annum. You get 18 months (12+6). You can both gift the free 6 months so 3 people get 12 months.

Anymore prices / deals from this lot ?

People who employ these "arm-twisting" sales tactics can come from any

country, I don't think anyone is taking offense at that. Actually kind of sad

such a major company can't operate on a more professional level. The

long-term effects of such negative PR can really be your undoing. :o

I can't believe there are so many weak, gullible people who cave in to pushy sales tactics. I wonder how many tailor-made suits they have.

thats true to some degree.............but these sales people are taught to have an answer for everything,they go thru every scenario before they even get to talk to real customers.you dont have same training in saying no,you just have to be very strong minded.....but remember a lot of people go there with an idea they want to get fit/healthy so sales really go for it there and then because they know people may go and look other places or just not join if they dont join there and then.i have been to many sales training course like this and dont like this style......it is very over the top and condescending but thats what these companies want nowadays.

as to a suit.....if you buy one and you dont ever wear suits then of course your a duffus to buy one. :o

I personally walk away from any pushy salesman (although sometimes I like to string him along first for the fun). If he's asking me about my wallet and credit cards I'd tell him it's none of his business. There must be a lot of people who fall for pushy tactics though or they wouldn't use them.

Edited by edwardandtubs

I hope to get an answer to my email from him (several already off his plebs) but looks like he's disappeared into the Xmas forest and we'll have to see if he emerges.

Latest shit I heard. 2 of you join at around 15k per annum. You get 18 months (12+6). You can both gift the free 6 months so 3 people get 12 months.

Anymore prices / deals from this lot ?

That's good value. 2x 18 months for 15k. Someone mentioned Artic airconditioning...that would be a nice change.

I really don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal over this "Yank" manager. The quality of the equipment/facilities is the key factor in a gym. I've been training at Tony's for quite a while, and most of the managers are tossers but I just keep to myself and workout.

• 3 months later...

California Wow seems to employ a 24 hr tactic.   Back long ago I joined the club, fully knowing they would be like car salesman, its kind of expected.   But the thing is, they sold me by cheap renewal fee, in Asia's its called lifetime membership, so that the gym would pay for itself over time.   After being a member for nearly 7 years, I must admit while it isn't cheap, the alternatives aren't much better.   But definitely for those who do month to month, California isn't for you.  Yes, its painful in the beginning, but if you are type who wants a gym for life, you haggle once and thats it, California is a decent gym for the money.

As a longtime member of 24 hr fitness and by extension California...I am noticing that some particular gyms are extremely busy.   Most gyms has a business model where they only accept a certain number of people, but in California, they keep accepting people, almost to the point where its a fire hazard during busy times.   Good thing I have a multiclub pass.   While in the states this causes people to go to other gyms, in Asia it seems to attract more people.   Both Siam and Silom gyms are so packed its hard to get anything done.

I haven't been to the pattaya one yet, but it seems wise to avoid the downtown gyms.

Edited by exexpat

• 2 years later...

And do they still have US manager at CWOW Pattaya ?

Not anymore!! The guy who was there at the beginning "Mark" who gets all the bad press, lasted for about 9 months and then came back about 2 years ago for a 3 month stint. There was another American there 6 months ago but did not last long. But these guys were only ever "Sales Managers" it has always been Thais who have been in charge of running the club. I train there 6 days a week, and lately it is starting to go really down hill. The changing rooms/showers are disgusting, there are no hangers in any of the lockers for your clothes. One of the two male cleaning staff is now doing maintenance on the equipment, and lots of the machines are out of service. But saying all that, it is still way better than any of Tony's gyms.

Cheers

Edited by ruffneck

I ended getting another fitness membership at a 5 star hotel because of various reasons... I can handle CA WOW on weekends when I can go there in the mornings, but during the week, my only choice to go is after 6pm (yes, I am one of the few who works). CA Wow is too busy after sunset; thus one has to wait to use some of the machines; many of the dumb bells are not placed back in place; there is not enough room to use the free weights in the bench area.. For the amount of machines the place is cramped so you have to weave in and out of the area where people are using the weight machines. I never see the machines cleaned when I am there but if it is what I see of the spinning room, basically one dirty rag is used for all the equipment. True, the showers are becoming dirty and no plastic hangers in the lockers... The cashier/ desk clerk at the front desk can never say "hello" just takes your card and swipes it while talking to her co-worker. Yes, the manager is clueless about training his staff beyond selling memberships. There is a thing called "customer service" which most Thais are not familiar with, only Westerners have been brought up in such an environment. So yes, I end up paying a lot more for my membership at a hotel, but I am greeted with a smile, the equipment is cleaned hourly, the members there (including myself) put the equipment away, the staff is there to be trainers (free) not to sell memberships; I get a couple towels to use; there is a sauna and steam room. And I will eagerly go there every night

OP, whilst you are in Pattaya I can understand a guy hitting on your girl, but what I find bang out of order is for some slimeball to do it right in front of you and do it in Thai so you don't know.

I'm no fitness guru so wouldn't even bother going into a gym anymore but thank you for letting us know anyway and don't worry about the negative posts about your personal life.