Immigration In Khon Kean?

American, age 46.

this is for a marrage( or support of a Thai faimly) 'O',VISA

I just got back from another nightmare in Nong Kai. I had been to the immigration office about 3 months ago. I had just recived my 'O visa' with my Thai Wife in Laos.

> Nong Kai advised me to get a letter from the bank showing how much money I had in bkk account account. ( which I did in Bangkok which is where my account is)

They would only give me a letter stateing my balance. not the previous deposits.)

Nong kai also asked for a letter from my US bank showing my income and to have this notarized by the US embassy( which I did ).

Well Thai being Thai, it was all a waste of time. As is so the case here. 5 years and counting I might add.

Now they tell me they want another letter from the Bangkok Bank that shows my monthly deposits each month.( please keep in mind my pass books show more than any letter would ever show, as I have brought into Thailand in this last year Aug2003-Sept2004 over $75,000. dollars.

I requested just such a letter at Bkk Bank, the guy at Bkk Bank said "for immigration?" I said yes he said this is what they require. only showing my balance. Now they have asked for month by month.

Ok so i will continue once more with this Nightmare of Thailand and the "Bull" I must go through to be with my wife and her child.

My questions are please.

1. The amount they are requesting transferred is it from Jan1, 2004 till to

September 1, 2004

Or

Is it a full year Aug 31, 2003-Sept 1, 2004.

( I would guess this is a full year , because if you applied in January for example there would be little of no money to show.)

2. Is there an immigration office in Khon Kaen? If not closest one to khon Kean...please.

Thank you,

Gone North

American, age 46.

this is for a marrage( or support of a Thai faimly) 'O',VISA

I just got back from another nightmare in Nong Kai. I had been to the immigration office about 3 months ago. I had just recived  my 'O visa' with my Thai Wife in Laos.

> Nong Kai advised me to get a letter from the bank showing how much money I had in bkk account account. ( which I did in Bangkok which is where my account is)

They would only give me a letter stateing my balance. not the previous deposits.)

This is normal. You can add copies of the exchange certificates for each transfer, plus copies of the relevant pages on your book.

Nong kai also asked for a letter from my US bank showing my income and to have this notarized by the US embassy( which I did ).
This is normal.

Ask the embassy to stamp the copies of the exchange certs as well.

I requested just such a letter at Bkk Bank, the guy at Bkk Bank said "for immigration?" I said yes he said this is what they require. only showing my balance. Now  they have asked for month by month.

Ask you wife to explain to the bank what you need.

Is it a full year Aug 31, 2003-Sept 1, 2004.

I would expect it to be the full year, otherwise they will be asking what you live on for the other months.

Unfortunately Nong Khai does appear to the the nearest office.

Immigration Offices

I must admit you do seem to be getting a run around.

Given your "remote" location perhaps application in Bangkok would be easier, especially as all the documents you need are issued there.

Edited by astral

What qualifies you for the support extension? Do you have the 400k in the bank account? If so was it transferred by wire? Does the notarized document tend to confirm you have steady employment outside of Thailand. For first application it is a good idea to obtain copies of the transfer papers from bank as well as letter written within the week giving balance in account.

They would normally only be interested in the last three months as you have only had the visa that long - but if you were here with other visas before perhaps better to provide more.

As you are of 'working age' they need to be sure in their minds that you are not working here without a work permit so you might expect a few more questions than someone here on a work permit or of retirement age.

Understand if you do not want to go into detail on a forum such as this but it really is hard to 'second guess' without knowing everything. Small details can be key.

Thank you for these replies. I do feel they are just being Thai. Nothing to do with one thing or the other. I would happy do what they ask. If only they were clear. Then again I have not forgotten where I am . I must of asked this question 4 times and I did have my wife ask, 365 days or present year. They Just don't care. They are going to make there 6,000bt this month regardless how rude they are to anyone.

I find interaction with anyone in a uniform here a pain or a pay off. It's amazing to me how putting on a uniform and having a Thai education would make anyone feel they are superior.

Thank you for your advice.

gone north