Where To Buy A Turkey

Sheryl

Well this year, for the first time in a VERY long time, I'm making a home made Xmas dinner. So I have to go into Bkk and get a turkey and other supplies.

I know they'll have them at Villa but am womdering if any of the cheaper stores have them (B C, Lotus etc?) Not in my neck of the woods but I'm thinking maybe the Bkk branches would?

I know Villa is going to charge a lot for a turkey plus the thought of that Sukhumvuit traffic........ :o

Appreciate any tips from you Bkk denizens

Well this year, for the first time in a VERY long time, I'm making a home made Xmas dinner. So I have to go into Bkk and get a turkey and other supplies.

I know they'll have them at Villa but am womdering if any of the cheaper stores have them (B C, Lotus etc?) Not in my neck of the woods but I'm thinking maybe the Bkk branches would?

I know Villa is going to charge a lot for a turkey plus the thought of that Sukhumvuit traffic........ :o

Sheryl

If you don't want to go all the way in to Bangkok, stop at Future Park Rangsit and hit the TOPS supermarket.  They've added new stuff this week and they have two or three types of turkeys.

Wave as you pass by Klong 10 on Hwy 305, I'm off the first bridge after you cross the Klong 10 bridge.

Mac

Sheryl

If you don't want to go all the way in to Bangkok, stop at Future Park Rangsit and hit the TOPS supermarket.  They've added new stuff this week and they have two or three types of turkeys.

Wave as you pass by Klong 10 on Hwy 305, I'm off the first bridge after you cross the Klong 10 bridge.

Mac

Thanks Mac, will do!

I saw that at Tesco Lotus in Pattaya, (maybe Bangkok same, same), they had the imported Butterball turkeys from the minor nation U.S. and A., AND they had some smaller sized local Thai frozen turkeys, less than 1/3 the price... not sure how good they are, or what kinds of hormones they inject into them.