Beach Umbrellas - Can You Buy One

kuma

i will try this thread in the general area as i had no luck in the travel section - and it seems everyone is talking shopping/buying right now

i am trying to get a beach umbrella so we can set up when we head to the islands but i cannot find one anywhere in bkk.

this the land of the beach and you cannot buy an umbrella? in cda they sell them all over and we have no summer hardly to speak of, but here you cant find one

so far i have tried

robinsons

central

central world

big c

pratunam

tesco

carrefour

sports mall on 26

other assorted

any hints appreciated

i will try this thread in the general area as i had no luck in the travel section - and it seems everyone is talking shopping/buying right now

i am trying to get a beach umbrella so we can set up when we head to the islands but i cannot find one anywhere in bkk.

this the land of the beach and you cannot buy an umbrella? in cda they sell them all over and we have no summer hardly to speak of, but here you cant find one

so far i have tried

robinsons

central

central world

big c

pratunam

tesco

carrefour

sports mall on 26

other assorted

any hints appreciated

Not sure about what you call "beach" umbrellas but there are plenty of "picnic" umbrellas around the pea patch here.  I've seen them at TESCO-LOTUS, Home Pro, and elsewhere.  These about 6 foot across.

Also see a more sturdy but plainer type at many of the local hardware stores in market areas.  This style used by the vendors on the side of the roads.

Mac

so far i have tried

robinsons

central

central world

big c

pratunam

tesco

carrefour

sports mall on 26

other assorted

any hints appreciated

Not sure about what you call "beach" umbrellas but there are plenty of "picnic" umbrellas around the pea patch here.  I've seen them at TESCO-LOTUS, Home Pro, and elsewhere.  These about 6 foot across.

Also see a more sturdy but plainer type at many of the local hardware stores in market areas.  This style used by the vendors on the side of the roads.

Mac

thx mac will give home pro a try, i struck out at tesco.

happy holidays

k man

yea sometimes you wonder

i did get an umbrella today at jj. it was not easy to find a decent one but i think this one is it.

you may find towels there also.

I can't even find a 6' beach towel here. Any beaches around?? :o