Documents For Marriage For Thai National

I know this topic's been covered a thousand times, but have done a search and keep coming up with the list of documents needed by the farang part of the couple.

I know the Thai National has to have their ID card, but read something somewhere about the Tabien Baan. Can this be a copy? Partner's on family's Tabien Baan a lonnng way away. Thankyou for your help :o

I know the Thai National has to have their ID card, but read something somewhere about the Tabien Baan. Can this be a copy? Partner's on family's Tabien Baan a lonnng way away. Thankyou for your help :o

Each and every Thai's name is listed in a Tabien Ban. This may be the one of her parents. This is the one to bring along.

To register the marriage later via your embassy in your country, she will need a certified copy of her birth certificate and an official paper which states, that she was not already married at the time of your marriage (i.e. single, widowed or divorced, whatever).

Regards

Thedi

http://www.dopa.go.th/English/servi/marry.htm

It appears to require the original

Thanks Lopburi. Yes it appears to require the original, but have been told a copy will suffice, as a lot of Thais travel to other parts of the country and don't necessarily return to their family home town to marry? I would have thought that an originalThai ID card would suffice, without that, after all, they're not considered Thai and have no rights as a Thai citizen.

Being able to actually take the family's house registration book, Tabien Baan, off the premises, so to speak, might not be pratical in a lot of circumstances surely? Anyone actually gone through this procedure recently?

A copy may suffice, but you would need signed letters from both of her parents (or the holders of the book on which her name appears) stating why she cannot present the original. The Tabien Ban is a Thai persons most important document, without it they cannot do much. They cannot get new ID cards, passports, marry or anything.

I'm getting married to my girl next month and we are going to register in Bangkok, she had to go get the book from her parents in Khon Kean. Make a plan to get hold of the book, it will save you tons of hassles.

I would check with the District Office you intend to register in. In the last few years the ID card has become more important and often the Home Register is no longer required for normal activities. However her name needs to be changed in that document at some point.

...I would have thought that an originalThai ID card would suffice, without that, after all, they're not considered Thai and have no rights as a Thai citizen...

The ID card is proof of Thai nationality. The house registration is proof of registered residence. Two different things.

--

Maestro

I am married to thai girl I just went to my embassy (USA) to register our marriage they told me since our marriage is legal & valid in the USA no need to register it this was friday in udon thani when the embassy visit us up here dec/21/07 if this info is any help to you

Hi Guys,

Very simple really as I have just done it. Go to the ampur to get married with the girl and her ID card then go along to the online desk and they wll download the girls tabien barn registeration on line and print a page for you I think it costs 10 Baht. No hassle