Praise Be To Jesus... New Trolleys At Tesco!

Weho

Yes, it's true... at the Tesco on Sukumvit, brand spanking new trolleys... state of the art!

4th Quarter Pattaya trolley ratings:

1. Tesco Lotus: new

2. Carrefour: acceptable

3. Big C: rank/dangerous

Honorable mention: Foodland

can hardly wait to see these new trolleys. how many horse powers? gasoline or diesel?

Not sure about new trolleys, but definitely new wheels. :o

Ones that go where you point them! :D

It makes navigating the aisles somewhat easier, especially when you come across another trolley abandoned in the middle of the aisle.

Must be a Christmas present for the shoppers. :D

No, not just new wheels... i'm talking brand spanking new suckers... i was having so much fun in the crowded frozen food section, I intentionally rammed 3 other carts, and each time I said the identical thing: "I'm so sorry, please excuse me...", then I would repeat it about two seconds later. Thai people really are quite patient and friendly, (too bad they didn't know what I was really up to).

But at Tesco, you can't put the trolleys on the escalators there, like you can at BIG C... but the BIG C trolleys are so poorly maintained, many of them won't stay put on the long escalators, and start flying down. I always quickly board the down escalator when I see someone else is also about to board... then i cut in front of them, so if an out-of-control trolley from above comes flying down, it will hit the person just after me... kind of like a buffer. The Carrefour trolleys generally stay on the long down escalators without incident... but go to BIG C at your own risk.

And I would also mention that at TESCO, they had NONE of those frozen shrimp rings, i they they are usually 99 baht for the ones with the red cocktail sauce. And I would like to compliment the Tesco staff in the electronics department... they speak pretty good English, and are surprisingly knowledgable about what they sell... same goes for the Carrefour electronics staff.

But really, I can't stop kvelling over the new trolleys... i think i'll go back tomorrow, just to admire them before they get all beat up, and get gummy stuff stuck on them, like stickers, and just yuck marks and other residue. They should give out Purell hand sanitizer to anyone that touches those thangs...

can hardly wait to see these new trolleys. how many horse powers? gasoline or diesel?

Not sure about new trolleys, but definitely new wheels. :o

Ones that go where you point them! :D

It makes navigating the aisles somewhat easier, especially when you come across another trolley abandoned in the middle of the aisle.

Must be a Christmas present for the shoppers. :D

if you don't get trolleys in your minimart anytime soon, I'll send WEHO over for a test buy... :D

Weho, where would you insert Villa Market in your rankings? They have brand new carts that are effortless to steer, and even easier to have go "accidently" out-of-control. :o

Yes, it's true... at the Tesco on Sukumvit, brand spanking new trolleys... state of the art!

Are little fairys up to pushing those big trolleys ? or perhaps one is off ones trolley ?