Carrefure To Bloomin Hot,no Aircon

thaimate

That was my last trip today as well.

It wouldn't have been so bad in the heat if the line I was in had moved in the 20 minutes I stood in the same spot. I finally placed my basket next to several other full baskets (other people had the same idea I did) and left for greener pastures.

I believe someone started a similar thread a few weeks ago... i think around 7pm, they start lowering the air con, and I think about 8:30pm, it's totally off... and i would guess they probably don't turn it on in the morning til about 11 AM. I noticed that in the shopping centers in Singapore, it's frickin' ice cold, all the time... even in Kuala Lumpur, they keep it a lot cooler then they do in Thailand.

And by the way, fanning oneself won't cool you in the slightest... you're just blowing more hot air on you... and you're expending more energy, flapping that damm fan around... better to not use a fan at all.

I don't have a big problem with them lowering the air con, I just think there should be some disclosure, like a sign posted, telling what temperature it will be at different times. And my hunch is the rats will be more comfortable in the warmer temperatures, and you will be more likely to see them scurrying about in the fresh vegetable department, after about 9 PM.

I believe someone started a similar thread a few weeks ago... i think around 7pm, they start lowering the air con, and I think about 8:30pm, it's totally off... and i would guess they probably don't turn it on in the morning til about 11 AM. I noticed that in the shopping centers in Singapore, it's frickin' ice cold, all the time... even in Kuala Lumpur, they keep it a lot cooler then they do in Thailand.

And by the way, fanning oneself won't cool you in the slightest... you're just blowing more hot air on you... and you're expending more energy, flapping that damm fan around... better to not use a fan at all.

I don't have a big problem with them lowering the air con, I just think there should be some disclosure, like a sign posted, telling what temperature it will be at different times. And my hunch is the rats will be more comfortable in the warmer temperatures, and you will be more likely to see them scurrying about in the fresh vegetable department, after about 9 PM.

After 9 pm you are more likely to see them IN the fresh meat counter. 100 baht.

I just have a problem with Carrefour. I mean.............its FRENCH !

Edited by stevemiddie

Yes I have noticed the temperature in there lately, their cutting back on air its a shame their not cutting back a little on their prices.

But the worst thing is the lack of people on the check outs, a shop full of people or a half empty shop but the same amount of check outs open ?

Yes I have noticed the temperature in there lately, their cutting back on air its a shame their not cutting back a little on their prices.

But the worst thing is the lack of people on the check outs, a shop full of people or a half empty shop but the same amount of check outs open ?

it was about 4.30 that we were in there,i also noticed that lots of people were dumping their shopping at the checkouts as well.we spend about 2500 bhat a week on shopping . never again at carrfour ,are you listening carrfour?

It seems it's not only Carefore thats turning up the heat. I was in Lotus north pattaya road this afternoon at 3pm and it was way too hot, down stairs was roasting, you could see the sweat on peoples faces, also out of what I counted to be 24 check outs only 8 were open. today being Christmas eve and also a Thai holiday it's madness.

Nobody's missing out not shopping at Carrefour. It doesn't really aim for the Farang market anyway. The meat sucks and dairy section is terrible...and the check-out is a joke.

It was amusing to see it spelt 5 different ways in 8 posts.

a. carrfour

b. Carefore

c. Carrefour

d. Carrefure

e. carrfure

Yes, the trouble with big stores and the likes is that they often run on a single large central air con system, so if it breaks down the whole lot goes off........ they should always have a spare machine on 'stand-by' to avoid this happening, but often as not they don't like shelling out double the money if they can help it.

In situations described above, try milling round the freezer sections and pop yer head in to cool off from time to time. :o

Far better off at Foodland. Ice-cold aircon and even yesterday when very busy I didn't have to wait at the checkout. The girl rung up the items faster than I could get them out of my trolley.

You always feel welcome at Foodland. At Carrefour you feel you're imposing.

Far better off at Foodland. Ice-cold aircon and even yesterday when very busy I didn't have to wait at the checkout. The girl rung up the items faster than I could get them out of my trolley.

You always feel welcome at Foodland. At Carrefour you feel you're imposing.

Stick to Tesco a good british company - the french, well they cant even spell it properly - Car-Four!

Ever notice why there are so many 7-11's They are so frosty & a true joy to seek refuge on the usual hot days.

While some Thais don't mind the heat it would behoove Carrefore to spend a couple extra baht & retain their customer base.

When the chicken & pig bins hit 24 degrees even the Thais turn their nose up at it. & in the real refrigerated section, when the steak is turning brown & getting a little to seasoned to ripe, that is a most definite turn off.

Time for Carrefore to wise up & ante up before 7-11's get the idea & start opening up some huge chains like theirs & steal their clientèle. I have left my full cart there in the checkout line 3 times in the last month& a half.At least they should train the cashiers you just need to enter or scan the code once & hit x 10 for 10 bottles of energy drink instead of making everyone swelter in the heat while they scan everyone of the same bottles over & over!

Give it another 50 years & the Thais will understand logic (maybe)!

Ever notice why there are so many 7-11's They are so frosty & a true joy to seek refuge on the usual hot days.

While some Thais don't mind the heat it would behoove Carrefore to spend a couple extra baht & retain their customer base.

When the chicken & pig bins hit 24 degrees even the Thais turn their nose up at it. & in the real refrigerated section, when the steak is turning brown & getting a little to seasoned to ripe, that is a most definite turn off.

Time for Carrefore to wise up & ante up before 7-11's get the idea & start opening up some huge chains like theirs & steal their clientèle. I have left my full cart there in the checkout line 3 times in the last month& a half.At least they should train the cashiers you just need to enter or scan the code once & hit x 10 for 10 bottles of energy drink instead of making everyone swelter in the heat while they scan everyone of the same bottles over & over!

I was wondering why you are so persistent in a town where there are better alternatives. It would seem logical that if you're in a hurry you would not even start shopping if you see long queues at checkout. There must be some reason you keep trying.

Good idea to earn a Baht. Is get one of your Thai friends to get his box & crate out and sale ice cold towels to the shoppers. I am sure you could make a fortune. Maybe a standing checkout boy, then you can stand outside with your cold towel waiting for your shopping to come out.

Or you can do the... "Funky Chicken Dance".

It works for me.

post-55332-1199205344.gif

You Hit the Nail on the Head.... WHY????????????? I will never understand!

Went to Carrefore today at 2:30 pm & it was killer. 24 degrees(kinda like the old days at the SF cinema at Big C in 2004) FROSTY I was almost wishing I had a long sleeved shirt I think the French manager they sent in a while ago to oversee the place in Pattaya must be reading this post! It was worth waiting in line. Tesco Lotus long line & muggy Foodland cool but like Carrefore long lines. Unfortunately the sharp lad punching the cash register same problem.5 bottles same code 5 scans 6 m&m's same same scan 6 times.They would be able to cut the wait time by a 3rd if they trained the staff how to use the x key & scan once fore same same x whatever amt.

I like it when it's frosty!!!!

And who had the bright idea to do renovations in the top of the high season? Half of Carrefour empty shelves, too hot, long queues at the checkout. Foodland must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Foodland is a shining beacon in an otherwise dull group. When you ask for help, you get it. When you speak to someone there, they are pleasant. They move you out fast and one thing I've noticed about Foodland that I have not seen in any other store - Villa - Carrefour - etc ..

No one follows you around to see if you are stealing anything.

Got back from Carrefour about an hour ago. It appears they've totally revampted the grocery section. Most everything has been moved. Canned fish, tuna etc., is now against the back wall by the bread and so on and on :D

Found an employee (a French guy) and asked where the spices had gone. He had a think and then led me to them. I asked him how long he'd been working there and he said one month! And then he told me he's on a Thai contract :o Long hours and low pay.

The cost cutting continues.

-redwood

And who had the bright idea to do renovations in the top of the high season? Half of Carrefour empty shelves, too hot, long queues at the checkout. Foodland must be laughing all the way to the bank.

Foodland is a shining beacon in an otherwise dull group. When you ask for help, you get it. When you speak to someone there, they are pleasant. They move you out fast and one thing I've noticed about Foodland that I have not seen in any other store - Villa - Carrefour - etc ..

And at foodland most of the employees understand english.I still have to find the first employee at carrefour that understand a few words english.

And at foodland most of the employees understand english.I still have to find the first employee at carrefour that understand a few words english.

We vowed never to go there again two months back when it took us 45 minutes just to check out ten items.

Would have purchased more but so much was out of stock.

And what about that dreadful badly ventilated void deck that they laughingly refer to as a car park it just has to be a health hazard from diesel soot fumes if not a death trap by getting run over when you try to cross from the park into the Mall.

So we figured why waste time and get hot when you can park right outside Foodland and buy every item you need and then check out, all in less than 15 minutes.

We vowed never to go there again two months back when it took us 45 minutes just to check out ten items.

Would have purchased more but so much was out of stock.

And what about that dreadful badly ventilated void deck that they laughingly refer to as a car park it just has to be a health hazard from diesel soot fumes if not a death trap by getting run over when you try to cross from the park into the Mall.

So we figured why waste time and get hot when you can park right outside Foodland and buy every item you need and then check out, all in less than 15 minutes.

You must be a man of extreme patience. I would never have waited that long to purchase any amount of items...at least you finally realised there are better places to shop. :o

Went to Carrefore today at 2:30 pm & it was killer. 24 degrees(kinda like the old days at the SF cinema at Big C in 2004) FROSTY I was almost wishing I had a long sleeved shirt I think the French manager they sent in a while ago to oversee the place in Pattaya must be reading this post! It was worth waiting in line. Tesco Lotus long line & muggy Foodland cool but like Carrefore long lines. Unfortunately the sharp lad punching the cash register same problem.5 bottles same code 5 scans 6 m&m's same same scan 6 times.They would be able to cut the wait time by a 3rd if they trained the staff how to use the x key & scan once fore same same x whatever amt.

I like it when it's frosty!!!!

Long lines at Foodland? I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes in 2 years of shopping there. Even the week before Christmas when the shop was really busy there weren't queues at the times I went there.