Personal Incom Tax

We need a little bit more of information:

1.) What is your home country?

2.) What is the nature of the work for which you get paid?

(i.e. internet related, singer, etc)

3.) In which country(ies) do you perform the physical activity for which you get paid?

(i.e. I work on my website from Thailand, I sing in Thailand, etc)

4.) Have you aggregated a stay of more than 180 days in any country for 2007?

This will help us give you better advise on your situation.

There is no Thai tax liability for work which is carried out wholly outside of Thailand

so long as the payments for that work are not repatriated to Thailand in that tax year.

Or if you prefer the short answer ... No

Naka.

Edited by naka

We need a little bit more of information:

1.) What is your home country?

2.) What is the nature of the work for which you get paid?

(i.e. internet related, singer, etc)

3.) In which country(ies) do you perform the physical activity for which you get paid?

(i.e. I work on my website from Thailand, I sing in Thailand, etc)

4.) Have you aggregated a stay of more than 180 days in any country for 2007?

This will help us give you better advise on your situation.

Hi

My home country is Denmark

and my work is tech/engineer.

This year I have been workin in :UK, NL,China, and have not been in any country for more than 180 days

I have a workpermit in thailand, and that i pay tax of.

If you are a non-resident of Denmark (have not stayed more than 3 months running or aggregated a stay of more than 180 days in Denmark) you are not liable to pay taxes in Denmark on your worldwide income.

I presume that you were physically present in UK, NL and China when you performed your work, and that you had the proper working credentials (work permit, employed, etc). I suppose that you have had taxes deducted at source on the wages you earned.

If my above assumptions are correct, you do not have to pay additional taxes. Thailand does not levy taxes on worldwide income unless you have aggregated a stay of more than 180 days for one calendar year in the Kingdom. If that was the case, you would have been subject to taxation on the money you have transfered to Thailand, unless you have supporting evidence that the money you have transfered were savings from previous years.

Edited by kudroz

If my above assumptions are correct, you do not have to pay additional taxes. Thailand does not levy taxes on worldwide income unless you have aggregated a stay of more than 180 days for one calendar year in the Kingdom. If that was the case, you would have been subject to taxation on the money you have transfered to Thailand, unless you have supporting evidence that the money you have transfered were savings from previous years.

no supporting evidence required if transfer is made on 1st or 2nd of january.

If you are a non-resident of Denmark (have not stayed more than 3 months running or aggregated a stay of more than 180 days in Denmark) you are not liable to pay taxes in Denmark on your worldwide income.

I presume that you were physically present in UK, NL and China when you performed your work, and that you had the proper working credentials (work permit, employed, etc). I suppose that you have had taxes deducted at source on the wages you earned.

Hi

Thank you all for all the help

merry xmas and a happy new year, is there a homepage where i can read all these rules

Hi

Thank you all for all the help

merry xmas and a happy new year, is there a homepage where i can read all these rules

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

I see that they have removed on their page the "brought in Thailand in the same year it was earned". I wonder if their policy was changed, why was it removed from their website? Interesting...

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

I see that they have removed on their page the "brought in Thailand in the same year it was earned". I wonder if their policy was changed, why was it removed from their website? Interesting...

my best guess is that sooner or later the good times for those of us who do not pay income tax will be over. that might not apply for those who draw a pension or social insurance and double tax agreements between Thailand and their home country exist. but for the others who (like me) live on income from investment the thai "IRS" will want to have a bite. i am not talking of taxing world wide income but of taxing the 800k minimum we are supposed to bring into the country each year.

now the optimists will say "there is no requirement to BRING in the 800k but only the requirement to SHOW them" and my response will be "keep on dreaming mates" :o