This New Visa For Cambodia, Thailand Etc, Whats The

This New visa for cambodia, Thailand etc, whats the deal & can it help people to stay here or not?

ive read about the new law but anyone know

1 when its in force

2 is it a seperate visa

3 can we get it here

if you cant sensibblly (glad i got that write) add anything to the above please post here

:o

This New visa for cambodia, Thailand etc, whats the deal & can it help people to stay here or not?

1 when its in force

2 is it a seperate visa

3 can we get it here

From my reading of the press...it will start sometime next year (maybe 1st half); it is a joint-visa and must be applied for as such at the time; I seem to recall that it needed to be applied for out of country too - but this I cannot be sure.

I don't see how this visa would/could be of benefit to those residing in LOS. Will just have to wait and see for the particulars.

1 when its in force

2 is it a seperate visa

3 can we get it here

From my reading of the press...it will start sometime next year (maybe 1st half); it is a joint-visa and must be applied for as such at the time; I seem to recall that it needed to be applied for out of country too - but this I cannot be sure.

I don't see how this visa would/could be of benefit to those residing in LOS. Will just have to wait and see for the particulars.

Don't hold your breath. This SEA 'Schengen' type visa has been on the imminent agenda for several years now, without anything positive coming to pass.

ive read about the new law but anyone know

1 when its in force

2 is it a seperate visa

3 can we get it here

if you cant sensibblly (glad i got that write) add anything to the above please post here

I think that ministry of foreign affair signed the pact.

But it has to go through ministry of internal affair in detail, and they should write the law for their own country, and it has to be passed as official law.

So we won't see how it's going to be until it becomes official law.

It may take a year, a couple of years, or forever. :D

Edited by moonhunt

probably will take forever.

Thailand and cambodia don't even have mutual visa free arrangements, let alone have a single "schengen" type visa.

Lao and Thailand is another question though, as they do have mutual visa free arrangements. But I don't see the Lao authorities loosing money on such a deal.