Brick Fencing Vs Barb Wire

Beardog

I was wondering is a brick type fence cheaper than using chain link style fence. can anyone help me on this question. I have been able to find just about anything but it seems like as easy as it is to put up a chain link fence I can only find 2 suppliers in Thailand. The construction sites use them does anyone know how they order besides contacting China being the closest country!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted in the do it your self , but I believe there maybe more expertise in this forum!

I can put up straight wire or barb wire & the posts are already in at the right meters for it & will be perfect for the lower 3 Rai. but this is around the house Only to keep our dog from straying & getting hit by a car+ we can use the chain link for all the climbing type veggies we are growing which thanks to all the great help I am getting her we are giving 20 kilos a day away of veggies & getting new varieties to try for payback!

Barry

The chain link has got to be quicker & cheaper, especialy if you've already got the posts in.

Think of all the labour required to dig, pour foundation then lay bricks, compared to unrolling the wire mesh & nailing it on.

The chain link stuff is definatly available in Thailand, check the big hardware stores, best to take a photo with you.

The chain link has got to be quicker & cheaper, especialy if you've already got the posts in.

Think of all the labour required to dig, pour foundation then lay bricks, compared to unrolling the wire mesh & nailing it on.

The chain link stuff is definatly available in Thailand, check the big hardware stores, best to take a photo with you.

too right and from a security point of view chain link far better as everyone can see through to someone bieng up to no good

Thank you really a lot for the reply guys. I have found 2 shops that carry it & have talked to their suppliers in China.

I guess most of galv chain link fence comes into Thailand. one supplier says he can get me the chain for 33 baht a meter 1 & 1/2 meter high In a medium gauge. unfortunately I need to give a 2000 meter order to get it & only need 90 meters now & up to 300-400 meters later.Even my brother in law says his company gets it far cheaper than Thailand. wish I was the middleman on this one. I think I might have to cough up the 300-400% difference. this is the toughest hurdle I have hit in Thailand Fence buying is an act of God & I found out brick is way more expensive & UGLY as well. Barb wire cheap but it is ugly as hel_l to look at on the nice looking part of the plot.Our dog would figure out how to weasel through the fence or maybe not he got ripped up on a walk once trying to take the shortcut. The labor is fair, but someone is really getting over on the fence.

So far 2 places 120-meter or 140 baht meter at another shop

Thanks for the help guys

I live far out in the middle of casava fields, mushroom houses, and farm houses. So to me looks was not that important. I did, however come out with a nice looking fence. I wanted a fence to keep some of the stray dogs out and mine in. I also did not want to spend a lot on a fence. I had my worker use small rebar and cement and make a small beam between the old barb-wire cement post that were there. Then lay up cement blocks using rebar and at the top another beam. I only went 6 blocks high from ground level. He rendered it all off. Finshed off at about 5 foot with the post a few inches higher. Not expensive, looks great.

Why not buy the 2000 mts, use what you need, advertise the rest locally and in the classified section here at 66 bht/mtr?

If existing posts are timber, use metal staples to fasten it. If the posts are concrete, use plastic tie wraps. (or is that Thai wraps? :o)

Edited by Lancashirelad

I already bit the bullet & went for the 120 baht a meter chain link & am having galvanized pipes as well so the cement posts don't crumble to rubble when my dog jumps on the fence or another dog.

2000 meters would be a bit much to store & I really do not want to go into business.Thank you though for the advice & HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR :D:o

You could put bamboo fencing on the inside of your barbwire fence. That'll keep the dogs in & other people's dogs out. Comes in 1 & 1.5m high, 3m lengths @ about 50bt per piece.

Or plant Bougainvillea all the way along: it is thick and thorny, and makes an effective hedge.

Cheers,

Mike