Kart Racing In Bkk

lewishamilton

I'm visiting in BKK for two weeks and I wanted to do some kart racing while I was here. I've heard that Motorsports Land is a good place to try. Would anyone be interested in meeting up and doing some kart racing and perhaps have some drinks afterwards?

Here's a URL for Motorsports Land's website:

http://www.motorsportsland.net/

Anyone interested? :o

I would be interested and some friends, but you sound good and I am not sure if MSL has carts for hire, it used to be a private members track for their own carts etc.

:o The more the merrier and tis the season to be merry! Motorsports Land does have rental karts and they are decent in terms of handling and power (for rental karts). I've already received another response via private message as well. Perhaps we should try and set a date and time that works for everyone. Hopefully we can all go out for some drinks and food afterwards as well. My cell phone number is 089-1534104. Please feel free to call me.

Edited by lewishamilton

Do you know how many carts they have and how much they are ?

They used to have a fee for renting the track exclusively also.

I can get a few people interested to go along I think, it is also a good outdoor track and facilities.

Daytime or night time...late afternoon perhaps, also depends on day as people working and also re the track as weekends sometimes have races or promotional stuff on there.

Do you know how many carts they have and how much they are ?

They used to have a fee for renting the track exclusively also.

I can get a few people interested to go along I think, it is also a good outdoor track and facilities.

Daytime or night time...late afternoon perhaps, also depends on day as people working and also re the track as weekends sometimes have races or promotional stuff on there.

They have 10+ karts for rent. I'm not sure we need to rent the track exclusively unless everyone wants too. Late afternoon would probably be the most convenient for those who are working.

I'd be interested too.

I think the carts aren't that good though... But can give it a go once... if you get any plans together drop me a PM. :o

As far as I know, they don't really have arrive and drive 2 stroke rental fleets in the BKK area. I think the nearest place with 2 stroke engines is Pattaya.

I'd be interested too.

I think the carts aren't that good though... But can give it a go once... if you get any plans together drop me a PM. :o

As far as I know, they don't really have arrive and drive 2 stroke rental fleets in the BKK area. I think the nearest place with 2 stroke engines is Pattaya.

Should give seacon a try! Great Karts if they let you drive the pro-versions. Really Really very fast!!!

Seacon square have rental carts or you just joking?

Across from Hua Hin airport they have arrive and drive 2 strokes... I visited once on the way past but never drove as the track was still wet from heavy rain. A farang owner too - seemed like a nice guy.

re: 5th Jan @ 5pm, sounds ok... 80% there :o

i will PM my number.

I'd be interested too.

Should give seacon a try! Great Karts if they let you drive the pro-versions. Really Really very fast!!!

The owner buys old karts with chassis' that have expired homologation, tunes the carburettor down, and puts used tires from a pile of the old ones. Road surface is horrible due to shoddy construction and weight overload from car racing. And he was expensive as hel_l.

I'd be interested too.

The owner buys old karts with chassis' that have expired homologation, tunes the carburettor down, and puts used tires from a pile of the old ones. Road surface is horrible due to shoddy construction and weight overload from car racing. And he was expensive as hel_l.

I would expect that kind of quality from a rental kart. Rental karts probably get beat up pretty badly by customers as well. Are there any places in BKK where you can rent a "proper" racing kart? To rent a "proper" racing kart on race day in the states costs about $500-1000 USD (that doesn't include fuel and tires).

Here is the list of people who have expressed interest so in getting together at Motorsports Land on Saturday Jan 5th at 5pm:

asiaworld

Moonfruit

Mr Squiggle

Murf

lewishamilton

MSL has around 10 karts for rent. The cost is $350 baht per ten minutes.

But yes the MSL with their 2 5hp engines look OK, they used to or still do run those in the US and they are quick enough. If their commercial karts are only single engine then maybe the PTT speedway on RCA would be an alternative?

So far I've only found Pattaya Kart Speedway (500 baht) and the "other" one on the opp. side of the street. The Karts at PKS are a bit long in the tooth (old IAME engines) and the tyres are a bit well...., but they are reasonably quick and they are all just as bad so it equals out.

Are MSL still in Business? Most of theri website pictures are 2 years old.

Edited by VocalNeal

But yes the MSL with their 2 5hp engines look OK, they used to or still do run those in the US and they are quick enough. If their commercial karts are only single engine then maybe the PTT speedway on RCA would be an alternative?

I've have recently gone to both PTT speedway and MSL and I would say that both have similar sensations of speed but neither can compare with true 2 stroke racing karts. The PTT speedway seems to be a better facility overall. However, the current track setup at PTT consists mostly of 180 degree hairpins which leads to a pretty boring "race". MSL has higher top speeds and a much more interesting track with more opportunities to pass.

So far I've only found Pattaya Kart Speedway (500 baht) and the "other" one on the opp. side of the street. The Karts at PKS are a bit long in the tooth (old IAME engines) and the tyres are a bit well...., but they are reasonably quick and they are all just as bad so it equals out.

2 strokes are definitely the way to go. It's unfortunate there isn't a venue that has multiple 2 stroke karts for rent near Bangkok.

Are MSL still in Business? Most of theri website pictures are 2 years old.

They are still in business and quite reasonably priced (relative to PTT). I'd be willing to go to either MSL or PTT. Or better yet, we can go to both! :D

Can I add you to the list of those who are interested in participating this Saturday? :o

Edited by lewishamilton

Seacon square have rental carts or you just joking?

Across from Hua Hin airport they have arrive and drive 2 strokes... I visited once on the way past but never drove as the track was still wet from heavy rain. A farang owner too - seemed like a nice guy.

re: 5th Jan @ 5pm, sounds ok... 80% there :o

i will PM my number.

Oh yes Sir, they have them:

post-6014-1199292981_thumb.jpg

post-6014-1199293102_thumb.jpg

post-6014-1199293194_thumb.jpg

We are there with a group at least once a month (sundays)

I'd be interested too.

Are you sure you know the owner? We always get top Karts from him.

He is in one of the pics...

Not cheap: 1000 baht for 15 minutes! But we get top karts with 2 stroke geared engines! PTT is way to slow and dangerous with all sorts of nutters racing there. Especially after the last crash they had in their endurance race! Guy got nearly killed.

Enough talking, lets go racing!

I agree! Just tell me where... PTT, Seacon or MSL. Or all three? :o I would prefer Seacon but I'm afraid that most people won't want to pay $1000 baht per 15 minutes and that they won't have enough karts to let us all race at the same time. MSL and PTT definitely have large enough fleets for all of us to race at the same time.

Can I add you to the list of those who are interested in participating this Saturday? :o

Alas no as i have a prior commitment but one day for sure. Maybe we could amke it a weekly thing or bi-weekly. Does MSL have a bar? I maybe able to entice the Thaisuperbike guys to come along.

Hmm logistics'wise i also prefer Seacon .. Lets see whats going to happen .. one day left , if saturday is the plan ..

I'm up for any of the locations previously mentioned. It seems Seacon is the most popular choice though. :o Will 5pm be too late? Perhaps we should move it to 3pm so there's enough day light left.