Kitchen Sink Waste Disposal

NanLaew

I note that most kitchen sink units available in Thailand are styled to install a waste disposal unit in the plumbing, or 'InSinkErator' to use the name of the most popular US brand of food waste disposal. Usually that 'small sink' (between the main sink and the draining board) is where waste food is scraped off the plates and the disposal unit in the drain line chops it centrifugally much like a food blender and dumps it in the main drainage flow. However, I have never seen any electric waste disposal units on sale in Pattaya and the small sink drain is simply T-connected to the main sink drain or not even plumbed in.

Has anyone seen any waste disposal units being sold, maybe in Bangkok home improvement and plumbing suppliers?

I have noticed in one of the catalogues from Home Mart that there is a model of waste disposal unit included but I would reckon they would need to order it as in Thailand the most common form of waste disposal unit is the soi dogs.

Ask in places like Home Mart and Home Pro to look though their manufacturers kitchen sink catalogues until you find what you want.

Here in Thailand people tend to empty all their garbage into a bowl outside for the dogs and chickens. I have found that this practice will draw flies and bugs.

5 years ago I installed a waste disposer. I have a stainless sink with 2 bowls. The larger one has the waste disposer mounted directly under the drain. I am using the TEKA model #TR050-1 and it is made by Insinkerator the U.S. Company. It is .5 horsepower and I bought it at Home Pro at Rangsit. I can’t now remember just how much I paid but it was not a lot. As I have said it has now been 5 years and NEVER a problem. All mounting hardware and hoses came with the disposer.

Jim

Here in Thailand people tend to empty all their garbage into a bowl outside for the dogs and chickens. I have found that this practice will draw flies and bugs.

5 years ago I installed a waste disposer. I have a stainless sink with 2 bowls. The larger one has the waste disposer mounted directly under the drain. I am using the TEKA model #TR050-1 and it is made by Insinkerator the U.S. Company. It is .5 horsepower and I bought it at Home Pro at Rangsit. I can’t now remember just how much I paid but it was not a lot. As I have said it has now been 5 years and NEVER a problem. All mounting hardware and hoses came with the disposer.

Jim

Home pro sells them for 10,000 Baht. Special order, not in stock.

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the responses - that B10,000 is over 300 bucks!

They are around 300 quid in the UK which is even sillier.

Next time I am in Houston on business, I will pick up a couple from the export appliance outlets. Yes, they are 220V 50~ and at $170 each they are still cheaper than the alternatives.

I note that most kitchen sink units available in Thailand are styled to install a waste disposal unit in the plumbing, or 'InSinkErator' to use the name of the most popular US brand of food waste disposal. Usually that 'small sink' (between the main sink and the draining board) is where waste food is scraped off the plates and the disposal unit in the drain line chops it centrifugally much like a food blender and dumps it in the main drainage flow. However, I have never seen any electric waste disposal units on sale in Pattaya and the small sink drain is simply T-connected to the main sink drain or not even plumbed in.

Has anyone seen any waste disposal units being sold, maybe in Bangkok home improvement and plumbing suppliers?

yes but you dont have a drain to put it to only a tank under your house that wont work for long it will clog up and die 36 years as a plumber

yes but you dont have a drain to put it to only a tank under your house that wont work for long it will clog up and die 36 years as a plumber

I take it you mean the septic tank will die? How come I have no problems with using a waste disposal and septic tank in my Houston home these past 12 years?

PS. "I'll take punctuation for 100 Alex."