Ubon-pakse Used Book Shops

wornoutcowboy

I will be bouncing back and forth between Ubon and Pakse over the next few months. I read like a crazy man. Anyone know of a used book shop in Ubon or Pakse or better still a cafe, bar, club...which offers up an one for one book trade shelf. Thanks.

This may not be quite what you are looking for- BUT the lady has a very large stock and if you post your old books down to her she will give you some sort of credit on them. I bought many books from her when I was living in Phuket- www.thailandusedbooks.com. I think if you spend 1000 Baht she will post for free.

Now I'm in Buriram, I will still get books from her if I don't find anything here when my stack of books runs low

Good luck

Mike

I will be bouncing back and forth between Ubon and Pakse over the next few months. I read like a crazy man. Anyone know of a used book shop in Ubon or Pakse or better still a cafe, bar, club...which offers up an one for one book trade shelf. Thanks.

Hello,

As Bergen was kind enough to mention, my pub/restaurant in Ubon has a selection of books, most contributed by our friendly customers. There are no rules about borrowing them, but please try to return them. If you've got some books you've read and are tired of lugging around with you, feel free to leave them with us so that others may enjoy them. My website needs a lot of work, but you will probably be able to find a map, address, etc., at www.wrongwayhome.com. If you are here on New Year's Eve we are having a party with a free buffet so you can stuff yourself before borrowing some books.