Drink Pee For Health !

NedKelly

Here is a piece from 'The Australian' website ! Makes one wonder about Thai academics !!

Thai academic touts urine cure

From AFP

03sep04

BANGKOK: Drinking urine can eliminate sinus trouble, turn grey hair black and even cure cancer, a Thai academic said Thursday, citing a study of local Buddhists who engage in the unorthodox practice.

Ratree Cheepudomwit, of the Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine Development Department, said hundreds of urine drinkers attested that consuming a daily cup worked wonders for their overall health and helped slow the ageing process.

She said that in June she queried 250 members of Santi Asoke, a strict indigenous Buddhist movement believed to have thousands of followers, and 204 respondents said they had learned from ancient Buddhist manucripts that drinking one's urine improved health.

"Of the respondents, 87 per cent confirmed that it had head-to-toe benefits for them, including for example reduction of dandruff, grey hair, sinus problems and cancer," Ratree told AFP.

The medical elixir was not easy on everyone's system, as about one in 10 urine drinkers suffered diarrhea afterwards, but the practice should not be viewed with disgust, she said.

"Other groups of people who drank urine were Buddhist monks who practised in accordance to scriptures which are more than 2,500 years old," she said.

AFP

:o

The US Army has developed a new way to enable soldiers to carry less water. They have created rehydratable food rations that come in a wrapping that is actually a sophisticated semi-permeable membrane. So to rehydrate the food, soldiers can simply pee on it, or even pour dirty water on it if that's all that is around. The membrane filters out 99% of the bad stuff so that only clean water gets into the food. Sounds appetizing.

yeah but water is heavy for soldiers to carry, did u know that a liter of water weighs 1 kilo, its pretty amazing how that worked out really aint it, i mean how many pounds does a pint of water weigh?

it sometimes makes me wonder about aliens and gods and things when things like 1 liter of water weighs exactly one kilo.

...it sometimes makes me wonder about aliens and gods and things when things like 1 liter of water weighs exactly one kilo.

Yeah, me too, and when you've lost something, I'm amazed that you always find it in the very last place you look.

...it sometimes makes me wonder about aliens and gods and things when things like 1 liter of water weighs exactly one kilo.

Yeah, me too, and when you've lost something, I'm amazed that you always find it in the very last place you look.

Yeah, and how come whenever you phone a wrong number...it's never engaged.

:o