Alternative Internet Service Provider

abasbas

Hi. Got a house in Central Pattaya. I was told that the phone/internet services will not be available for the next 2-3months. Can someone recommend any alternative so I can get a decent internet connection in my house. I was thinking of satellite internet but I know it is very expensive. Have heard too that True offers Cable internet but can't confirm if it really exist..

Appreciate you help guys. Thanks a lot.

Alain

you can get a connection through the mobile - but probably it will be slow, like dialup.

try to talk to your neighbours and share costs of the broadband. You can do it wireless but there is a limit of reception.

I dont think my neighbors have internet connections as well. as we are in the same newly developed area specifically in The Meadows village... is TrueCable Intenet available in Pattaya? If my understanding is correct, this can be a good option as True Cable TV is a Sat TV... can anybody confirm this?

Thanks!!!

True does not offer internet through satellite, they use the regular ohoneline (ADSL) for that.

You might try CAT, depending on your area. Not sure where The Meadows village is located...

They pull a dedicated cable just for your internet (no phone service), but their coverage is limited.

Some of the locations available can be found here, but i don't think the list is completely since they definitely have it in the Soi Nern Plub Waan area as well!

I have a question on cost here, I know this was is in pattaya, but I just requested a quote for ADSL installation in my house in phuket and I was quoted 16k for install and 2.5k a month... is this normal?? this seems way more expensive then I was aware of it to be!

Hi. Got a house in Central Pattaya. I was told that the phone/internet services will not be available for the next 2-3months. Can someone recommend any alternative so I can get a decent internet connection in my house. I was thinking of satellite internet but I know it is very expensive. Have heard too that True offers Cable internet but can't confirm if it really exist..

Alain

get a Solomon GPRS modem until you get a telephone line. its a USB plug in unit, you use a GPRS sim card & you can get a package deal with DTac for unlimited use for one month for 999 baht. its not ADSL by any means but its better speed than dial up. once you get the line in your house you can get ADSL in and you can sell the unit on the Thaivisa classifieds. you can get them at Wattana opposite Foodland for 6900 baht.

Alain

get a Solomon GPRS modem until you get a telephone line. its a USB plug in unit, you use a GPRS sim card & you can get a package deal with DTac for unlimited use for one month for 999 baht. its not ADSL by any means but its better speed than dial up. once you get the line in your house you can get ADSL in and you can sell the unit on the Thaivisa classifieds. you can get them at Wattana opposite Foodland for 6900 baht.

If you have a newer Grps ready mobile phone you can also use D-tac or Ais. pretty slow but works. I have Ais for 300 baht 100 hours & they also offer unlimited for more. I did here that more people thought D tac was faster!

True does not offer internet through satellite, they use the regular ohoneline (ADSL) for that.

You might try CAT, depending on your area. Not sure where The Meadows village is located...

They pull a dedicated cable just for your internet (no phone service), but their coverage is limited.

Some of the locations available can be found here, but i don't think the list is completely since they definitely have it in the Soi Nern Plub Waan area as well!

Meadow is on that updated list

Well if you need Inet access ASAP, you can go wireless in pattaya with HUTCH mobile, from my understanding is HUTCH supports the Central Thailand areas (bangkok and pattaya), where as CAT supports northern (chang mai and iisan) and southern (phuket)..

HUTCH is located near that giant telecom world shopping center. they are NOT inside the center but off to the left a few stores down..

I have a CAT telecom card and I tried to use it in pattaya and I was told that pattaya/bangkok is under HUTCH so I had to purchase a HUTCH wireless card to access the net while in pattaya.. So now Iam apparently covered for all of thailand having BOTH cards haha.... I use HUTCH in pattaya and bangkok with no problems its like 300baht for 1 week unlimited or 1k baht for 1 month unlimited..

In Phuket I have CAT telecom for 1 month unlimited for 1k baht a month and it worse prefectly as well...

Hope this helps you out...

btw

I opted for the slower 128k card from HUTCH since I only visit pattaya occasionally but since I live in phuket I got a EVDO 2mb card (but In reality I get 500k-1mb which is pretty good) both hutch and cat telecom offer the same cards for thier respective services.

thanks for all your help! surely a gprs is an option until i have my adsl ready. luckily my phone is gprs ready and i have ais sim..

and also, someone just sent me pm who is willing to share his adsl connection.. another good option..

thanks to all...