Ctl Alt Del Doesn't Work

crabstix

Ctl Alt Del doesn't work. I need to see what programmes are running. Have I been hit with a virus? I use bit defender with regular updates and scans. Didnt pick up any viruses in the scan.

Is there an alternative way to check what progs are running ?

Ctl Alt Del doesn't work. I need to see what programmes are running. Have I been hit with a virus? I use bit defender with regular updates and scans. Didnt pick up any viruses in the scan.

Does it act the same way after a power-off reboot? Have you run malware and trojan scans?

Edited by klikster

Does it act the same way after a power-off reboot? Have you run malware and trojan scans?

what is a power off reboot? I'm not sure what you mean but I did restart my pc and the problem was still there. I installed a 30 days trial version of trojan remover, updated it and scanned my pc. It didn't pick up anything.

crabstix:

I would go for Whatsrunning.

The reasone are:

1. more info than Windows Taskmanager;

2. the possibility to get info about nearly all files running direct online;

3. start or stop any program, service and so on

and much much more!

If you want to know whats running on your computer, special the progs you even don't know about you need to use 3. party software anyway and Whatsrunning is one of the best of all and it's FREE!

To get a much better Task manager, got to: http://www.whatsrunning.net/whatsrunning/Download.aspx and download the latest version or download from: http://www.download.com/What-s-Running/300...&tag=button

This program do much more and even gives much more info than the Windows Task manager.

Have you tried if it works on Vista?

Works on my Vista Ultimate very well! Even on Server 2008!

what is a power off reboot? I'm not sure what you mean but I did restart my pc and the problem was still there. I installed a 30 days trial version of trojan remover, updated it and scanned my pc. It didn't pick up anything.

Unplugged from the power source.