Tennis In Chiangmai & Lamphun

soundbug

Hi,

My name is Nawin from Singapore. I saw a posting on this forum a couple of years found you through this forum a couple of years back and I don't know if the members are still active. I tried contacting the people on the thread but didn't get any reply. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...l=Gymkhana+Club

I am Singaporean but my mother is Thai from Lamphun (town outside Chiangmai). I am also an avid tennis player and I run my own tennis club/website for my condo called Regentville Tennis www.regentville.com here in Singapore. I usually go on vacation to visit my mum in Lamphun, but since we play tennis quite regularly I would try to find locations in Chiangmai or Lamphun to play tennis but I am not familiar with the place and am unsure if there are any public courts available, what the rates are like. When i asked my relative they say most of the clubs are exclusive and only available to members. I find this quite surprizing and hard to believe that no public courts available to the public who want to play.

I will be visiting Chiangmai this time round with my tennis buddies so I would like to try to play tennis in the evenings and this time of year has nice cool weather in Chiangmai. Can you recommend me some nice places to play in? How to get there and costs etc? I will be staying in the Night Bazaar (Chan Klang road area). For about 3 to 4 days after which I will go stay at my mum's place in Lamphun. Maybe we can play with you guys while we're there? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks & Best regards,

--

Nawin

Regentville Tennis Blog

http://www.regentville.com

Hi,

My name is Nawin from Singapore. I saw a posting on this forum a couple of years found you through this forum a couple of years back and I don't know if the members are still active. I tried contacting the people on the thread but didn't get any reply. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...l=Gymkhana+Club

I am Singaporean but my mother is Thai from Lamphun (town outside Chiangmai). I am also an avid tennis player and I run my own tennis club/website for my condo called Regentville Tennis www.regentville.com here in Singapore. I usually go on vacation to visit my mum in Lamphun, but since we play tennis quite regularly I would try to find locations in Chiangmai or Lamphun to play tennis but I am not familiar with the place and am unsure if there are any public courts available, what the rates are like. When i asked my relative they say most of the clubs are exclusive and only available to members. I find this quite surprizing and hard to believe that no public courts available to the public who want to play.

I will be visiting Chiangmai this time round with my tennis buddies so I would like to try to play tennis in the evenings and this time of year has nice cool weather in Chiangmai. Can you recommend me some nice places to play in? How to get there and costs etc? I will be staying in the Night Bazaar (Chan Klang road area). For about 3 to 4 days after which I will go stay at my mum's place in Lamphun. Maybe we can play with you guys while we're there? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks & Best regards,

--

Nawin

Regentville Tennis Blog

search for the keyword

Hi,

Thanks & Best regards,

--

Nawin

Regentville Tennis Blog

I play tennis regularly in chiang Mai. There are many places to play and very rew are expensive or exclusive. If you want a chat about the options call into my place in the Night Bazaar (Red Lion) and ask for Kevin . I'm there most ecvenings after about 8pm.My Thai friend also plays in Lamphun regularly, so she could help you there. She too has a restaurant in the Night Bazaar, just 50 metres past the Red Lion (Leomongrass) selling good Thai food. Her name is Joy. We play every Tues and Fri at the Gymkhana sports club which is 5 minutes from the Night Bazaar by Tuk Tuk. Visitors welcome.

If you want to call me just send a message and I'll leave my phone number.