Big Dead Snake

Puwa

Biking down from Doi Pui to the Sri San Wan waterfall this morning, I came across this sucker on the trail. A cobra, I think, about 2 meters long, and newly deceased. Didn't look to have been squished by a truck, so I really don't know how it met its demise. Definitely had me watching the trail closely for the rest of the trip though!

post-17988-1198854476_thumb.jpg

Puwa / Uncle Jerry

I'm too lazy to dig around and find it for you, but I swear I've seen an area in one of the general forum topics where ppl can post pics of snakes they've found and then get them identified. It seems a logical thing to have for some of us who don't grow up knowing the local fauna. I am 100% sure I've seen a thread on id'ing odd big bugs you find around your house n elsewhere too. Fascinating stuff. Again, you gotta be the one to do the searching. I clicked on your pic and was sad it wasn't bigger. I couldn't really get a good look at it because of size and distance of the pic. And, not bein' a herpitologist meself, I couldn't tell what kind o' snake it was. I'm guessing you snapped it with a camera phone, eh ? Interesting sighting.

the only good snake is a dead snake - spawn of the devil

What a childish,quaint and Victorian attitude.....

snakes have a very important role in the ecology....as they eat many rats, mice, frogs, and other snakes...

The fact that they have a poor sense of posture goes not make them evil....

the only good snake is a dead snake - spawn of the devil

What a childish,quaint and Victorian attitude.....

snakes have a very important role in the ecology....as they eat many rats, mice, frogs, and other snakes...

The fact that they have a poor sense of posture goes not make them evil....

No. Thais eat the rats, mice, frogs, and other snakes... plus cockroaches, slugs, snails, ants...

Hey Loaded...I always had a theory that domesticated cats were the spawn of aliens that settled Egypt. Your statement brings a hint of correlation.I also always considered red-headed females fit into the equation somehow also with the snakelike "charms?" they display.Somewhat controversial?? Or good science?

Edited by bunta71

Hey Loaded...I always had a theory that domesticated cats were the spawn of aliens that settled Egypt. Your statement brings a hint of correlation.I also always considered red-headed females fit into the equation somehow also with the snakelike "charms?" they display.Somewhat controversial?? Or good science?

Now that is a leading question...... :D

For the record, I like:

Domesticated cats

Red-headed females

Snakes (Dead or alive)

Not all on the same day, however.... :o