Parcels To Thialand From Uk

kennkate

Hi all I sent a parcel from the UK on 10th Dec. Was told it would take 14 days (International Economy Service) Via Parcel force. Not arrived yet and can only track it in the UK. pacel was going to Lamphun. would like to make enquires in Thialand anybody know were to start? Phone Nos anybody? Help Please

Good luck. You could try the GPO in Bangkok but I am afraid your package could be in the black hole of the Thai postal services. Suggest you get the receiving post office to attempt a trace, I've had limited success with that before.

I had a book mailed surface (of course, this was years ago, and I must say my postal service has improved) , it arrived 7 months after it was posted. :o A friend suggested it had been used to prop up someone's broken table leg in the post office.... I looked for an indentation in the box, but didn't see anything :D

Hi all I sent a parcel from the UK on 10th Dec. Was told it would take 14 days (International Economy Service) Via Parcel force. Not arrived yet and can only track it in the UK. pacel was going to Lamphun. would like to make enquires in Thialand anybody know were to start? Phone Nos anybody? Help Please

Had some christmas gifts and some other stuff mailed to me from Norway. It took 10 days both times until I had them up here in northern Buriram. I think a lot of the problems people have with mail is that the adress is written with latin letters.

What I did was send an e-mail to my mother (who takes care of my mail while I am here) with the adress in Thai and English, and she simply printed them out on stickers and just slaps that on when she needs to forward mail to me. Never had anything go missing.

Had some christmas gifts and some other stuff mailed to me from Norway. It took 10 days both times until I had them up here in northern Buriram. I think a lot of the problems people have with mail is that the adress is written with latin letters.

What I did was send an e-mail to my mother (who takes care of my mail while I am here) with the adress in Thai and English, and she simply printed them out on stickers and just slaps that on when she needs to forward mail to me. Never had anything go missing.

I have done that too Gimbo, being on both the sending and receiving end, and still had things just disappear. I really don't know what the answer is to virtually guarantee it will arrive.

As said above I would not give up on it for months; dissappointing if its a Christmas/Birthday gift though :o

Well I am still waiting for one from the UK to Laos - two of them were posted on the same day (10th also) at the same post office. One was just a large-ish jiffy bag and the other was apparently a larger box. The jiffy bag arrived in just over a week (normally 1 week) and the box hasn't been seen yet.

I would put a large sum of cash on that it'll be in some Post Office warehouse still in the UK somewhere in the Christmas backlog. I had a parcel the other year coming from the US to the UK at Christmas take nearly 2 months to arrive.

We are fortunate here as there isn't a huge volume of post that comes to Laos, so I can walk into the Vientiane main post office and they'll go through all the international post that has come in . . . so I know it ain't here yet!

The post office here is actually in general very good.

Have to say I regularly have stuff sent over from the UK, and in general it's pretty quick, 4-5 days.

Going the other way much slower, and that's probably because the Royal Mail in the UK sucks these days.

Thanks Everybody. It looks like its still posible to recive it at sometime in the future and its not lost.

Was going to try claim compensation, but could be the delay is down to Xmas post, and the Election in THIALAND

The address was in put on in Thia by my GF so hopefully it will get there sometime next year.

IMHO ParcelForce sucks. I had a package for collection at the Hilton Hotel Gatwick c/o the bellhop with clear instructions that was who to ask for. Well, on the first pickup attempt the driver ignored the 'Hilton Hotel' bit and said the address was incomplete without a street address (there's only the 1 Hilton at Gatwick!). The 2nd driver apparently did find the hotel but went and asked at the reception for me. Of course I had never been there (the package was being left by my business partner in transit) so they left the package, posting 'customer not at home' on their advice note. They did manage to get it all correct on the 3rd attempt and after about 5 phone calls.

It costs more but I use DHL from the UK and FedEx from the US but they are not perfect either. The odd times they have screwed up is when the local subcontractor picking up or delivering the packages makes a mistake. The UK and US postal services are just too unreliable. I think the Thai postal service has a better success rate.

The odd occasion when I have had something of value sent to me, including a replacement credit card, it has never arrived. Also most envelopes that do reach me have been opened at one end where someone in the postal service has checked out the contents. I would'nt trust the thai post office in Samui with anything any more.

everything we post from Uk to Thailand is posted with address in English then Thai too. I only ever send normal first class. Last week sent a medium box to the MIL in Khon Kaen with photos of our son & christmas chocolate & cakes for the kids & they received it on Friday so took 10 days in total. My husband also ALWAYS writes a note in thai & tapes it inside the box basically saying that if anyone opens this box, this stuff is for his family & should get to them only so if anything gets stolen, they will be damned to hel_l :D Don't know if it makes a difference but our letters & parcels always arrive unopened & on time :o

The Thai Postal service is normally very efficient even compared to the equivalent Western Services such as Parcelfarce or Aus Post.

Surface mail can take many months to arrive. A friend sent back a large box of personal effects back to Australia from Bangkok and it took almost 6 months. That can be normal apparently!

As for the OP's predicament his item was mailed as SAL, otherwise known as Economy Air-Mail and usually takes significantly longer than normal Air-Mail. Usually around 21 days, possibly up to 6 weeks.

i dont understand how anything can take 6 months........must have just taken up space wherever it was....thought they would shift it on to get it out the way.....sorry im just thinking out loud(and writing!)

i find the royal mail uk efficient......maybe problem is that a lot of parcels dont get to uk and they get blamed for it not arriving at uk destination!! i have had parcels go missing at bkk........tracked it to there and disappears into the black hole generally known as thai pocket.

thai post take care very good and very security minded they even open every parcel to make sure no bombs inside ,even the letters go through this check :o bless em and thankyou

workin at the post office must be nearly as lucrative as being a copper here.....maybe the queues you see there are thais applying to work there. :D

Ken ,

Economy will take anything like 2 or 3 months to get there. But you should not worry, it probably will arrive safely. No place i know you can follow up economy sendings abroad.

If you want it traced and fast, then send PRIORITY ... but have to pay also for it .

Good luck

I send packages to Buriram, get there in 5 days from the UK, send INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR, costs a bit more, but worth it, also try http://www.parcel2go.com/contact.aspx this company has taken a lot of royal mail customers and are superb, sent a 10 kilo box to the states for 35.00 GBP, there in 3 days, click on the testamonials box for positive comments, and what makes it even better no queing at the post office, parcel2go will collect from your premises.

Edited by Thaicoon

I doubt you will hear or find anything til it comes to the door, depending on size/value it will be delivered or the mailman will give you a bill to go to the local post office to collect, il bet you get it,.

In November our Bangkok office has sent around 250 parcels to Australia as part of an ongoing promotion.

All regular Air-Mail, registered, small packet.

Only one went missing and that was the fault of Australia Post delivering to the wrong address. It arrived back here without fuss last week.

The Thai postal service in our experience is superb. Quick, efficient and reliable.

i agree its a lot more reliable than people think, its the detination country usually that is the problem,. italy being the worst ( theft ) then the states ,slow,. we sent 2 items to aus that were addressed wrong, both were returned to us in thailand for no charge,.speaking as i find ( and we send out 300 plus items a month ) thai post is very good,.

Kennkate,

Have you recieved yours yet? I recieved the one we were waiting for on the 2nd Jan it was posted on the 5th . . . however it wasn't down to the slow post it was down to the inept tosser in the UK post office who wrote out the Parcelforce slip. Even though my Sister-in-law wrote the correct address on the box i.e. Vientiane, Lao PDR (Laos), the inept inbred wrote on the Parcelforce slip - Vientiane, Lao PDR, Thailand (quite how or why they did that I cannot imagine!) so the box ended up going to Bangkok before coming here!

Hope yours was received!

Hello all

I was sent a package ( surface) from US to Surin and it took over 4 months to receive...but arrived,beat to h*ll! Now US only will send "air",cost more but arrives (usally) 10-14 days.

I'm now back in US and send my wife a package weekly,but have found letter in regular envelopes iffy,lost a few (with$$ inside). I now send one DVD with letter and $ behind the cover shleve and have not miss one. Large yellow envelops work well also and pakages arrive unopened. had good luck so far.Pakages from Thailand to here take 2-3 weeks :o

Kennkate,

Have you recieved yours yet? I recieved the one we were waiting for on the 2nd Jan it was posted on the 5th . . . however it wasn't down to the slow post it was down to the inept tosser in the UK post office who wrote out the Parcelforce slip. Even though my Sister-in-law wrote the correct address on the box i.e. Vientiane, Lao PDR (Laos), the inept inbred wrote on the Parcelforce slip - Vientiane, Lao PDR, Thailand (quite how or why they did that I cannot imagine!) so the box ended up going to Bangkok before coming here!

Hope yours was received!

Not Recived Yet. But My Ladys Sister has been told it as arrived in Bkk.

Was told at Post Office UK that it would take 14 days Sent on the 10th Dec hopefully it will be there soon (Coats For Kids)

and its cold but not as cold as here Then again we do have Central heating. GF says put on air warm. Funny

I've sent a letter from Pattaya to Jersey by EMS last year.

3 days from here to London and then 3 weeks from London to Jersey!!!

Not held up over Christmas either.

All the UK postal service would say is make a complaint to the office where you posted it from, who were not the ones that fcuked the delivery up!!!

I send packages to Buriram, get there in 5 days from the UK, send INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR, costs a bit more, but worth it, also try http://www.parcel2go.com/contact.aspx this company has taken a lot of royal mail customers and are superb, sent a 10 kilo box to the states for 35.00 GBP, there in 3 days, click on the testamonials box for positive comments, and what makes it even better no queing at the post office, parcel2go will collect from your premises.

Quick update been on the phone to parcel force it looks like it was sent surface mail

Was given the price to send 3.5 Kilos Economy was told that was Air Mail by post office, but Parcel Force said £48.60 is for surface mail.

And that was what I was charged.

Looks like Parcel2go next time Certainly will not fall for that one again.

I would have thought £48.60 was plenty for AIR Apparently not

Well not with Parcel Force

I've never lost anything sent from Thailand. UK to Thailand however-totally different story. My success rate on getting anything sent to Thailand is about 50%. I have now given up.

A friend of mine works for Royal Mail. He tells me Thailand is the standing joke for stolen parcels- surprise surprise.

Also a word of warning in regard 'International Signed for'. It is only covered insurance wise until it is in Thai hands and I've had a number of these go astray too.

Best advice is send anything here at your peril. If it gets through your lucky the usual Thai acountability or total lack of it applies.

M.

Edited by makavelithedon

Going the other way much slower, and that's probably because the Royal Mail in the UK sucks these days.

Although it pains me to say it Toady. I've never had a single problem with Royal Mail. Had loads of stuff go missing in Thailand though. One parcel is still en route after 19 months. Cha cha, these things take time :o