Farang Motorcyclists In The Pattaya Area.

Mobi

An experienced motorcyclist will always avoid sand and gravel on corners and take extra precautions when the road is wet. I'm always very diligent in watching out for sand or gravel on the road - especially wearing a T-shirt and shorts most of the time.

An experienced motorcyclist will look at you in your T-Shirt and shorts and think "God these dickheads give us such a bad name."

I am pressuming of course you are reffering to a motorcycle and not a twist and go scooter, in which case I retract the statement and point out, that an experienced motorcyclist does not consider anything with a shopping basket on the front as a motorcycle.

Nice story re the gravel, sand etc, you are aware that most novices bin it by taking extreme evasive action at the last minute rather than let the tires do the job they are supposed to do? You are also aware that with ground temprature in Thailand you get no cold tear on the tires and that unless it has been raining heavily they will work quite well in drizzle, I speak from experience at Bira, on a GSXR 750, I presume you are talking about a sportsbike as well?

And finally yes the same rules apply in Pattaya as everywhere else in the world, tarmac goes through skin like butter.

Good luck with your choice though.

120kph with the basket, fast enough for Thailand.

Any faster and I'd prefer flying an unshielded spaceship at light speed through the asteroid belt rather than dealing with the local chaos and it's virus like drivers.

As previously posted... agreed!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lean? On a twist and go? I presumed sportsbike when you started qouting leaning, at what point on a scooter... read S-C-O-O-T-E-R... with a top speed of approx 110kph do you lean, unless of course your flat out everywhere. Nice story anyway, but I fear your trying to prove a point for the sake of an argument with the OP.

For clarification can you in future refer to yourself as an "experienced scooterist" I get confused easily.

I'm not replying to the OP, I'm replying to you. I'm not surprised you confuse easily because you don't have a clue.

You lean on any motorcycle and even bicycles to take corners and bends. That's the only way 2-wheelers of any configuration get around bends. You're obvious ignorant, or just trying to pick an argument.

Do an experiment for yourself. Find a scooter....read S-C-O-O-T-E-R and take it for a ride. Find a bend somewhere and ride slowly around the bend....any speed above jogging will. Do this before you come back on here and reply with more bs.

Does this count?

post-45905-1203049160_thumb.jpg

Scooter, just above jogging pace you say?

Clueless and ignorant you say?

Blah blah blah you say?

When it comes to bikes and BS I have a built in detector, it's STILL a nice story though!