Suing A Thai Lady

Eric1949

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know countless farangs who built houses in gf/wives names. Each and every one of them lost the house. When you do something like this, you are gifting the house to them. Write it off, you gave it to her. I'd say you have a lot of nerve to try and get back any portion. btw, it was very nice of you to build a house for the lady

How many lost the house based upon a Thai Court's ruling and how many lost the house after they listened to advice similar to yours and just walked away without a fight????

I have never heard of anyone saying they took there claim all the way through the court process and lost. Most just give up and say they have no chance.

Until proven otherwise it appears that the problem does not rest with the Thai Court System, but rather foreigners lack of commitment to see the legal process through to the end.

I see people complain everyday about the unfairness of the Thai Legal system, but it seems to me (from anecdotal information that I have heard) that those who follow it through to the end have normally been successful.

I know countless farangs who built houses in gf/wives names. Each and every one of them lost the house. When you do something like this, you are gifting the house to them. Write it off, you gave it to her. I'd say you have a lot of nerve to try and get back any portion. btw, it was very nice of you to build a house for the lady

How many lost the house based upon a Thai Court's ruling and how many lost the house after they listened to advice similar to yours and just walked away without a fight????

I have never heard of anyone saying they took there claim all the way through the court process and lost. Most just give up and say they have no chance.

Until proven otherwise it appears that the problem does not rest with the Thai Court System, but rather foreigners lack of commitment to see the legal process through to the end.

I see people complain everyday about the unfairness of the Thai Legal system, but it seems to me (from anecdotal information that I have heard) that those who follow it through to the end have normally been successful.

You're right of course CWMcMurray. I think most people are put off, firstly because of language problems and the cost of a professional interpreter, and then of course reading what losers like 'Beavis & Butthead' write on these forums. Stick to it, keep positive, and get a good lawyer.

Yes I know about registering a company name to buy land and build a house...but I didn't.

So now I am looking forward, not back.

I put everything in my lady's name. Things have gone sour. I left the house in March 07, because of threats. We have been to court 3 times already. There is a good chance that I will win, and get back at least 50%. She has now delayed the next case hearing until Feb 09.

Has anyone been successful in suing a Thai lady in a similar situation?

please PM the op for more information

You say nothing regards how long you guys were together, are kids involved - both these points will have a big impact on your claim.

I think he said in an earlier post that they were together 6 years and that he was unlucky as the previous 4 of herr relationships only lasted 2 years.

I'm intrigued to know what has happened from May last year to now.

A lot has happened since last May.

I successfully managed to get a block put on lands and house, but that ended up being in June.

At that same time, my lawyer said to the Judge that I was prepared to accept a 50/50 solution, the Judge asked the ex. She said she needed time to think about it (she had a year already) so the judge said to come back in 7 days. I returned to court the following week with my lawyer, she didn't. So the Judge said that I would have to wait until Feb '09, as he was interested to hear from her 'witnesses'.

After this, she spent increasing times away from the house, living in 1 of her properties in BKK.

In September '08, I got so frustrated as she had been away from the house for 11 weeks. Needless to say the house and gardens were looking a right mess. So, I went to the main Police station in Nathon wth my lawyer. I asked for the Police to give me permission to live in my own house, in order to save me paying rent, and to take care of the house. The Police gave me a report allowing this. When I got to the house I found both of my water pumps useless. A repair man managed to repair the 'well' pump on sight, but the house pump had been running for 11 weeks with no water, and was red hot. Once cooled, and primed I switched it back on. There were so many leaks, due to the seals having disintergrated, that the repair man had to take it away for repairs. A few days later, he brought it back and reinstalled it.

I had to go to Hua Hin for a couple of days. In the meantime, the coconut telephone had been buzzing.

When I got back from HH, it was too late to go to my house. The next morning my lawyer called to say the ex had come back to Samui and had been to the Police, originally saying that there had been 12 baht gold in the house. I think she was persuaded not to persue that angle, and to file a trespass suit aginst me. Well that's 6 months down the line now, and at last been dropped, after visits to the Police, finger prints taken etc, and visits to the Public Prosecutors office, the case has been dismissed.

I spent 3 days in court last month, the ex only managed to produce 2 witnesses, neither of which I believe, were on her original paperwork. For obvious reasons I cannot comment on what her witnesses said. Anyway after me being in the 'box', the Judge asked me if I wanted to stay in Thailand, to which I replied 'Yes'. We have to go back to the court Friday 27th, for the Judges decision......................

Edited by Eric1949

that is why, you buy in your house name, you use her to BORROW from the bank and pay monthly

1) good for credit if you never leave her

2) cheaper than renting

3) things go sour? leave her with the bills and tell yourself you've been renting.

Sorry 'notasexpat', I fail to see what this has to do with the topic?? :o

If you are legally marry to this woman and can prove/show the court you paid for the house/land(your money/transfer from your country, etc) you might have a 50/50 change. You might just, for grins check around for a local Thai Lawyer, who might help you for a small fee, maybe he himself has been take for a ride by a Thai lady, never know, look will only cause you a little time. Good Luck!! STANDFAST!! :o

If you are legally marry to this woman and can prove/show the court you paid for the house/land(your money/transfer from your country, etc) you might have a 50/50 change. You might just, for grins check around for a local Thai Lawyer, who might help you for a small fee, maybe he himself has been take for a ride by a Thai lady, never know, look will only cause you a little time. Good Luck!! STANDFAST!! cool.gif

Bigsnake - have you actually read this thread?

If u get 50% is that a victory (she admitted to only contributing 3%)? Good luck anyway!

Considering that most Farang walk away with 0%, this can be thought of as a victory.

Maybe the judge will award more, I should think that he has been made aware of her property portfolio.

I had a divorce court case which we settled at the mediation stage. A meeting between both parties and the judge held before the actual trial.

I agreed to give her all assets, House, 20 rai of farming land, 5 motorbikes etc in exchange for custody for my two sons.

I am sorry to say that it proves the cliche that some Thai women would rather have money and assets than the joy of watching their children grow up and become good honest people.

She chose the money. I chose to take care and love my children.

Who won?

I did.

GFL

I had a divorce court case which we settled at the mediation stage. A meeting between both parties and the judge held before the actual trial.

I agreed to give her all assets, House, 20 rai of farming land, 5 motorbikes etc in exchange for custody for my two sons.

I am sorry to say that it proves the cliche that some Thai women would rather have money and assets than the joy of watching their children grow up and become good honest people.

Who won?

I did.

GFL

Somewhat sums up the average Thai woman. :o

Who won?

I did.

GFL

Somewhat sums up the average Thai woman. :o

No. I don't think that it does sum up the average Thai woman. But it is that bad 10 percent element you always hear about.