The Russian School Siege

Crush

I know this is not Thailand related, but we are all at some time in danger from extremists and terrorists, be it in a crowded shopping mall, cinema, Aeroplanes, Trains, Bus's, and now children in schools are dying.

This is not a political thread, but it is a post from a human being trying to understand the mentality of people that would do such things.

My heart goes out to the people of that Russian town.

I often here the words " They are like animals" when refering to Terrorists and any other person that does something outrageous.

In fact, they are human beings, the most destructive creature on the planet.

I know this is not Thailand related, but we are all at some time in danger from extremists and terrorists, be it in a crowded shopping mall, cinema, Aeroplanes, Trains, Bus's, and now children in schools are dying.

This is not a political thread, but it is a post from a human being trying to understand the mentality of people that would do such things.

My heart goes out to the people of that Russian town.

I often here the words " They are like  animals" when refering to Terrorists and any other person that does  something outrageous.

In fact, they are  human beings, the most destructive creature on the planet.

Yeah but what are they being destructive for?? There will come a time when the world says enough!!!!!! Terrorism has been around a long long time and the world just sat by and said oh that's fine go ahead blow up this and blow that up After 9/11 the US had enough :o

And about Special Forces Cmon how many people were in that place I don't care how good you are as special forces there are going to be casualties with a high amount of people in the building Go say what you said to the soldiers who cunducted the raid!!! I don't think they would be to happy with you, Could you do a better job??

RUSSIA_SCHOOL_SEIZURE.sff_MOSB135_20040903143110.jpg

People carry a stretcher with a victim from a seized school in Beslan, North Ossetia, Friday, Sept. 3, 2004. Commandos stormed a school Friday in southern Russia where hundreds of hostages had been held for three days, sending hostage-takers and their captives fleeing in a scene of chaos amid explosions and gunfire. More than 100 children were wounded in the assault, some running from the building naked and covered in blood. Victim's condition is not known. (AP Photo/Ivan Sekretarev)

Interesting, the T-Shirt on the right…

BTW, this is what we're dealing with, for those who have forgotten. :o

even if special forces were there with the high amout of people in the building it would be like walking into a nightmare and for those regular soldiers it was, This is why you cannot bargain with terrorists because like the old saying danm if u do and danm if you don't.

It's a parents worst nightmare come alive and it shows the lowest lows that terrorists will sink to to get their point across and they should never be bargained with only captured and if is the process of being captured they die then so be it.

People carry a stretcher with a victim from a seized school in Beslan, North Ossetia, Friday, Sept. 3, 2004. Commandos stormed a school Friday in southern Russia where hundreds of hostages had been held for three days, sending hostage-takers and their captives fleeing in a scene of chaos amid explosions and gunfire. More than 100 children were wounded in the assault, some running from the building naked and covered in blood. Victim's condition is not known. (AP Photo/Ivan Sekretarev)

yeah that is interesting the man with the US flag T-shirt maybe the US is not that hated after all !!!! :D

yeah that is interesting the man with the US flag T-shirt maybe the US is not that hated after all !!!! :D

Nice One.

BTW, this is what we're dealing with, for those who have forgotten. :D

Were jumping to conclusions me thinks. I for one cannot read the slogan under the flag. It could be derogatory. Doubtful, but maybe.

You must have seen all the bin laden (i will not use caps for a piece of shit) t-shirts on sale in Thailand, after 9-11.

I remember walking down beach road in Pattaya and seeing a t-shirt of bin laden with the twin towers burning in the background, like he was a god or something.

I felt like snatching all his t-shirts and giving him a clip. :o

I felt like Thailand was everybody's and nobody's friend if that makes sense.

BTW, this is what we're dealing with, for those who have forgotten. :D

Were jumping to conclusions me thinks. I for one cannot read the slogan under the flag. It could be derogatory. Doubtful, but maybe.

You must have seen all the bin laden (i will not use caps for a piece of shit) t-shirts on sale in Thailand, after 9-11.

I remember walking down beach road in Pattaya and seeing a t-shirt of bin laden with the twin towers burning in the background, like he was a god or something.

I felt like snatching all his t-shirts and giving him a clip. :o

I felt like Thailand was everybody's and nobody's friend if that makes sense.

I was being a little sarcastic I know it's not right

Last time i was in thailand i saw bin laden shirsts but none with the twin towers on it I went in 2003

Maybe he is a God to some people

I understand about the everybody's and nobody's friend line

Well Thailand did send troops to iraq and a friend of mine said he is in the marines he was in the phillipines during the first stages on the war on terror, He said that there were Thai troops in the phillipines but maybe he thought they mght be there for holiday who knows

said oh that's fine go ahead blow up this and blow that up After 9/11  the US had enough  :o

That would be that country that provided the bulk of the funding for the IRA to:

splash the bits and pieces of soldier's girlfriends across the alleyway in Guildford;

murder schoolchildren in Northern Ireland for propoganda purposes;

hold the families of men at gunpoint whilst the man drove a car packed with explosive to an army checkpoint, knowing he was going to die, but if he didn't the IRA would shoot his wife and kids.

We're talking about that country, aren't we?

There are plenty of Brits on this forum, don't even think of getting on your high horse when it comes to being on the receiving end of terrorism.

Revenge is an ugly, ugly business. This is what this tragedy is. In 1992 the president of Chechyna was assasinated by the Russian government under Boris Yeltsin. Hundreds of Chechyans have been murdered in recent years by the Russian government, many of them children. The current president of Russia,

Alexander Putin has denied all representation to Chechyans in the national government. Russia wants to seize their territory badly, why? Take a guess.

There is a massive oil pipeline that goes through Chechan lands and on to Turkey

but the people there are being left out of any deal making whatsoever. Do you think that people kill people, especially children, for no reason? Nothing is ever what it really seems. The idea that religion is the root cause of this conflict is a very, very ignorant assumption. Religion is only the unifying force, the common denominator. It is a horrible thing that has happened, but horrible acts usually follow horrible acts.

To russia with love....

The civilized world weeps with your Mothers at this time...God bless you and your loss..

Terrorists - Specials !!! I dont give a ######....they were children for ######s sake....

Terrorists need to re-adjust the requirements for their cause and bloody soon. peoples thoughts are changing around the civilized world....

Sorry for any bad language.........

The Russians will never give in, if they did what would they have left?? nothing, they rely on the Oil business Chechnya? provides. No matter how grueseme it appears, it was going to happen regardless. I would guess the Russians are hoping this little display will convince the rebels they really dont care who is taken hostage.

I would also like to add my respectful sentiments to those of you who found this Belsan, Russia thing as one of those acts we all shake our heads at in bewildered wonderment.

Here! Here! This was indeed a really good thread on the subject! big :o

Never thought I would be agreeing with old Dickie there but, (big delay), his basic point, beyond his issues with us yanks, that terrorism it is not a unique event specific to any one country, people and or religion as someone else said, is indeed a fact of life that I must agree with. We all pay Terrors toll when it rings at our door!

Histories own mantra shows us one person’s terrorist is another's freedom fighter and as old Dickie and most of you pointed out with the usual deadly consequences on the innocent on both sides of the disagreeability I am afraid.

That is all!

I just read something,that is sad,but true.

"IT is a certain fact that not all Muslims are terrorists. But it is equally certain — and exceptionally painful — that almost all terrorists are Muslims"

The hostage-takers of children in Beslan were Muslims. The hostage-takers and murderers of the Nepalese chefs and workers in Iraq were also Muslims. Those involved in rape and murder in Darfur, Sudan, are Muslims.

Those responsible for the attacks on residential towers in Riyadh and Khobar were Muslims. The two women who crashed two airliners last week were also Muslims.

Bin Laden is a Muslim. The majority of those who manned the suicide bombings against buses, vehicles, schools, houses and buildings, all over the world, were Muslims."

By ABDEL RAHMAN AL-RASHED

Arabic TV chief

From the Daily Telegraph:

( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../04/wruss04.xml )

"Then, according to the authorities - who had said force should be avoided - something went wrong. Two explosions were heard from the gymnasium, where most of the hostages were being held.

A teenage girl who survived said a bomb attached to the ceiling fell on to hostages when tape holding it up peeled off.

Another young escaper said a Chechen strapped with explosives blew herself up. "Another tried to set off her bomb but we pushed her out of the way," she said.

Others said explosives had been placed in basketball nets and in plastic bottles around the walls. "They said if we moved we would all be blown up," said a woman survivor.

In the confusion after the two explosions, hostages began fleeing. Rebels opened fire on them, prompting the security services, led by Spetsnaz special forces, to return fire. From that moment there was chaos."

Let's not pre-judge the Russian security forces. They knew there were hundreds of kids inside. Let's pray it doesn't happen here (Thailand).

If it did happen in Los,The reprocussions would be severe,Knowing how the Thais feel about the south at this moment in time,It would be so sad if this russian episode was to repeat itself anywhere else in this world.It will lead to more and more soft targets being hit now.