How Do I Order Cable Tv?

motoyen

I recently moved into a new building and I wish to order cable TV. Is TrueVisions the only company that provides cable TV? Also am I reading the pricing right that is costs 9500THB for the installation?!

Wow! That's a lot for installation considering sometimes they offer it for free! Check around for specials before paying that much for installation. Or check the website http://www.truevisionstv.com/ .

Took a quick look myself and apparently they do have a promotion for installation of 1000 baht and 3 free programs for a month (promotion beginning Jan 1st). I'd wait till the 1st and check again.

From what I recall, they also have special promotions if you use their hi-speed internet service and mobile phone services. You can probably get hi speed internet 1 mps for 590 baht a month.

Edited by mauiguy90

I recently moved into a new building and I wish to order cable TV. Is TrueVisions the only company that provides cable TV? Also am I reading the pricing right that is costs 9500THB for the installation?!

I assume you mean UBC. Installation is usually around 1000 bht. They will also almost certainly require a 2000 bht security deposit (ultimately returnable, but not within the minimum 6 month contract period). I know a girl that works at true who speaks good English and can hook you up with everything easily without you having to speak to someone in regular customer service. PM me if you want her mobile number...

mk

I think UBC is now Truevision.

I recently hooked up with them and installation was free and very quick though I think they are now quoting 1,000 Baht plus, as been pointed out, the 2,000 Baht deposit. I think cable has to be in the building or you might need for it to be connected over a certain distance.

I used their call centre, having applied online with them calling me back, and found them to to be helpful and efficient.

As someone has pointed out you can get discounted "high speed" Internet for 590 Baht.

One question about this Truevisions. We have two "set-top-boxes" here and they are VERY old model. They cost about 100b/month each. Is it possible to update those to new models and what would that cost? Where can it be made? We live at Asok.