Stone-throwing Gangs Attack More Motorists

george

Stone-throwing gangs attack more motorists

One person was injured and two vehicles damaged in separate stone-throwing incidents in Surat Thani and Ayutthaya provinces yesterday.

Sukanya Panthong, 31, a Bangkok resident, in her complaint to Surat Thani police said that a group of men threw stones at her car when it reached kilometre markers 198-199 on the Asia 41 road in Surat Thani's Ban Na Doem District yesterday. She was heading back to Bangkok with a female friend when the attack took place.

The stones smashed the car's windshield [more...]

--Bangkok Post 2007-12-30

You don't have to travel to Thailand to find this kind of behaviour - it happens quite frequently in Britain and the West. Just the other day, a woman in Essex was killed when her car left the road at night on a stretch notorious for yobbos lobbing stones at cars, with the police investigating the likelihood she was stoned (and I don't mean on drugs, although the local hoodlums could well have been off their trolley).

hel_l, Roger Waters wrote an album (Radio Kaos) based round a South Wales ex-miner who chucked a lump of concrete off a bridge over the M4 and killed a taxi driver in the process, so the stone age is closer to home than maybe some would like to admit. More like post-modern industrial disease and cultural alienation at work, themes beloved of that other Saff Wales crew - Manic Street Preachers - who coincintetally had a strong, little hardcore following in Thailand a decade or so ago. Anybody listen to 'em these days? :o

I am glad that when I was growing up we had snow. We used to throw snowballs at cars. Never caused any damage, but once in a while you could scare the sh*t out someone if you got the window on the driver's side.

Most drivers got fairly used to this behavior and paid little attention to it.

Unfortunately, young males cause a fair amount of trouble--rocks are a little hard core, almost as bad as bullets.

You don't have to travel to Thailand to find this kind of behaviour - it happens quite frequently in Britain and the West. Just the other day, a woman in Essex was killed when her car left the road at night on a stretch notorious for yobbos lobbing stones at cars, with the police investigating the likelihood she was stoned (and I don't mean on drugs, although the local hoodlums could well have been off their trolley).

hel_l, Roger Waters wrote an album (Radio Kaos) based round a South Wales ex-miner who chucked a lump of concrete off a bridge over the M4 and killed a taxi driver in the process, so the stone age is closer to home than maybe some would like to admit. More like post-modern industrial disease and cultural alienation at work, themes beloved of that other Saff Wales crew - Manic Street Preachers - who coincintetally had a strong, little hardcore following in Thailand a decade or so ago. Anybody listen to 'em these days? :o

Radio K.A.O.S good album, went down well with me at Glastonbury 87 with a strip of microdots, never felt the urge to throw sones though. Too lazy.