Pattaya accomodation

bilbo1au

While I am extremely happy with my accomadation in Bkk, I have still to find what I would call the best place to stay in Pattaya. I have tried many...many!!

Last year someone tiipped me into the Apex...Cheap @ B500, but a dump. I even took a tip and stayed cheap Bt350 at Dave's DG Bar near Soi 8 on second road, geez I didn't know the guy hated me so much. Just dont!!!

Perhaps the best I've tried is the Estindy, the new one on soi 8 near second road, but its got a few things that annoy. I'm not hard to please but I would like some ideas. Somebody else said the Penthouse is good, but I have had mixed reports.

I want something between 500-1000 baht, guest friendly and the necessary things like a/c, Cable TV, fridge, hot water, etc.

Any ideas??

I stayed at the Beach Surf Hotel in March near the top end of the main drag in Jomtien across from the beach for bt850/night for a comfortable double room. AC, ensuite western toilet & shower, satellite TV, minibar and ROOM SERVICE. Good location and a good open air restaurant downstairs...good cheeseburgers and breakfasts. Friendly staff.

Check it out.

Bay Breeze on Soi 10, for 500 baht a night you get air-con cable tv, fidge, en-suite with a bath as well as shower, there's a pool and they even throw buffet breakfast in too.

The security is first class and free safe deposit boxes, and the rooms are enormous.  Low season like now they drop to 450 baht a night, lastly they have internet in the reception area which is the quickest I've tried in Pattaya.

Regards

Sev

:cool:

Hukster and sevinnow you got my axx beat regarding Pattaya accommodation. But where are the Soi 7 and 10 in relation to Jomtien? As a cherry I have only been to Pattaya once. Indeed except for the entertainment district I only know Jomtien as a place for accommodation. Any travel guides that you can suggest in this regard?...maps, etc?

Best regards

One other question. What is the big concern with hotel security? Some folks I know allowed themselves to get doped up by strangers and got ripped off. Do hotels collude with this business?

What do we know about simply checking in to a hotel in Pattaya and worrying about our goods? As a cherry I slept easily that night. Never thought that locals would mess with falangs in that way.

First of all for a newbe in thailand hotel securety is very important. For instance at the flipper house hotel when you bring in a guest the CQ holds her ID card. The next morning when, she leaves, if you are not present with her the CQ will call your room, and ask if everything is ok. This prevents theft.

No ID card no entry.

soi 7, and soi 10 is no where near jomtien, although Jomtien is only a 10 minute baht bus ride away. Soi 7 is in central Pattaya amongst the beer bars. Take my word for it Flipperhouse is a first class hotel.

Agree with the ID card system it's as fool proof as you can.

When you leave Jomitian by baht bus (cost 50 baht each way) just ask for Soi 10 and you will be amonst hundreds of hotels, and check each one out, with your budget you will be able to afford them all.

A good map in detail is at www.pattayaexpats.com.

Good Luck

Sev

i arrived in pattaya  in late  january ,  the  places  i.ve  stayed  in  previously  were  full  .  but  luck  was  with  me  .

i  walked  into  a  area   where  new   hotels  are  near   completion  , ,  behind  second  street,  and  came  upon  the  dolphin  hotel  .  it is  a new  place  , brilliant  air con  rooms,  etc  , at  450  bht./ night .  thats  the place  for  me.

:o

Dianna Inn. If you dont like it when i am in the LOS next I will meet you and give the money back that it cost. Good, clean, cheapish, clean pool, extreamly nice staff. good food good big screen for sports. over the road from Mike Shopping Mall. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on this palce if you have allready been there.

We stayed at Skaw Beach hotel on soi....skaw Beach!

They done it up a couple of years back.  Big rooms, OK pool with small coffee shop.

Only thing, greedy tossers on reception.  We asked if we could stay in the room for a couple of hours over check-out time as we have a baby (for changing nappies etc). I offered to pay half night.

Said we would have to pay for a full night.

Bare in mind this was low season and the poxy place was almost empty, and we had stayed there before.

Simple, we don't go there anymore!

Customer service at it's worst.

i'm planing to go to pattaya soon, maybe next weekend....anyone lives in pattaya?my friend'll go with me but with her friends,so if anyone of you have a free time and live there and i actually dont want to go with my friends and hers...and i dont want to be there alone.....thanks thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Consider quiet cheap hotels on Soi Bukhaw, they are 12,000 baht a month with everything, 10 minute walk to Soi 7/8.

Flipper lodge is O.K. but I think Eastiny Inn is good for 950. Consider the hotels near the Dolphin roundabout, they are all friendly and cheap and quiet, and good for jig,jig.

If I am in Pat. with khun wife (and her mates) we tend to stay at the Markland (Bt 1000) which is near the Amari and handy for the Pat Expats venue on Sunday mornings.

The  rooms are well furnished,50 station TV,mini bar fridge (not rip off)and good size "hong nam".The 27th floor restaurant and the swimming pool can be accessed from the outside lift which is quite impressive and the staff aint  2 bad either. http://www.res24.net/hotels.thaivisa.com/p...rkland/details/

Ha bt.bus gets you round the circle.

When on my own I tend to use the Palm Villa which is opposite the Malibu on 2nd rd.Soi P.O.

The rooms are 300-500bt. nothing to shout about but the pools is good and food pretty reasonable.Its within staggering distance of everwhere and 2 minutes from the R. Garden Plaza-She-nags etc :o

If you ar a bit tight on dosh there is a joint near the laundry on Soi.PO that does an English breakfast for 29Bt. :D

I pay under 1000 baht daily(inclusive) for a two room apartment, 50 sq. metres plus, close to the beach. 20" TV in each room.

Bedroom has fitted wardrobe with full length mirror. Fully tiled bathroom with partitioned off shower room. Decent sized living room with breakfast table and mini kitchen. Both rooms have sliding doors, with insect screens, to it's own balcony.

CCTV linked to TV in room so you can screen visitors at reception without leaving your bed.....

Flipper and Eastiny good value?

• 3 weeks later...