Suk Soi 8 Hotels

disgruntled

What are your opinions on the hotels on Sukumvit Soi 8.

I used to stay there quite often but not so often lately. One place I used to like was the Promenade hotel. I thought it was okay but two weeks ago when I went there with my wife I was disappointed with the lack of upkeep. The rugs were horribly dirty, the bathroom ceiling looked miserable from water leakage from the room above. One electrical socket was falling out of the wall too. I guess it's on it's way out or something. The final thing that blew my top was when the cook who brought food for room service came into the room after I took the tray she had at the door. It seemed she wanted to take a peek to see what kind of action was going on in the room! I think she was a bit jealous of the girls who she must see coming in and out all day long with foreigners. I wanted to smack her for that! Well, For 1,200 baht that's it with the Promenade for me. They need to get their act together.

I also used to stay at a hotel near the intesection with Sukumvit. I can't remember it's old name. Now. it's been redone into a new place called 'Siam' something. I guess it's clean and has bigger TVs. It's 1,200 baht a night too I guess. When I stay down there again I will try that one or some other one so long as I don't have to wlak a mile to get onto the skytrain.

Does anyone have any information about the hotels on that Soi and their prices? Oh, and if the hotels are in a bit do they offer the free tuk tuk ride to the entrance. Also what is the full name of that new hotel that I mentioned?