Isarn Girls Looking For Farang Husbands

Joe Walshe

Wife's just off phone to all relatives all over Isarn. In course of conversation many of them have asked for assistance in finding husbands for their daughters. We have had this hinted to us many times over the years. MY sister in law, a very eligible beautiful young woman, has subscribed to internet dating sites and corresponds with about 20 guys, some of whom she has met when they fly over. Her experience to date, she says, is that these guys are really only looking for a partner while they are in Thailand and may be seeing several girls while in Thailand.

I have other in laws who are delightful beautiful educated working young women who have also started suggesting to my wife that they would like to marry - a Farang preferred. I have asked my wife why the preference for foreign men and have heard the usual descriptions of Thai men as drunks, lazy, butterflys etc.

THE QUESTION is how can I help and indeed should I. I could contact Farangs via web sites (or translate girls messages). But would I be setting them up with weirdos who sound great online. I have suggested to my wife that we have a few live in 'Mia Nois' but she is not too keen and mumbled something about my future surgical needs should I pursue this notion (penis re-attachment).

I genuinely would love to introduce these and indeed other suitable women to foreigners with a view to creating Joy and happiness in the world :D . Having new in-laws with money might be nice too :o .

Any opinions??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get asked to find them a farang man all the time, from ladies ladies from all walks of life (students, office workers, shop assistants, nurses, rice farmes, widows, divorcees etc...) to a point that I'm toying with the idea to turn it into a business venture and make money out of it. Seriously, what they really mean is "find me a wealthy man who can support me and my family and allow me to stop working or worrying about supporting others", they can be so brazen with their request. It's becoming to sound like a broken record.

You have my sympathy Joe Walshe,

I also have been asked many times and can't bring myself to do it. One Uncle begged me to try and set his daughter up but I know she isn't all that keen on farangs. Although she is beautiful I would be setting someone up for a fall.

Lot of nice girls in the village and I have a lot of good looking young nephews but..........I just cant be arsed being a matchmaker. Too much possible flak from all parties should it go sour.

Sadly one of these nephews is hooked up with a BG in Udon Thani and in the process of being slowly but thoroughly plucked clean.

He wont listen to his Uncle (or my wife) so all I can do is watch and help him pick up the peices at the inevitable end. Maybe if it was under my nose in the village I could have some influence but I doubt it.

Khun Andy

Wife's just off phone to all relatives all over Isarn. In course of conversation many of them have asked for assistance in finding husbands for their daughters. We have had this hinted to us many times over the years. MY sister in law, a very eligible beautiful young woman, has subscribed to internet dating sites and corresponds with about 20 guys, some of whom she has met when they fly over. Her experience to date, she says, is that these guys are really only looking for a partner while they are in Thailand and may be seeing several girls while in Thailand.

I have other in laws who are delightful beautiful educated working young women who have also started suggesting to my wife that they would like to marry - a Farang preferred. I have asked my wife why the preference for foreign men and have heard the usual descriptions of Thai men as drunks, lazy, butterflys etc.

THE QUESTION is how can I help and indeed should I. I could contact Farangs via web sites (or translate girls messages). But would I be setting them up with weirdos who sound great online. I have suggested to my wife that we have a few live in 'Mia Nois' but she is not too keen and mumbled something about my future surgical needs should I pursue this notion (penis re-attachment).

I genuinely would love to introduce these and indeed other suitable women to foreigners with a view to creating Joy and happiness in the world :D . Having new in-laws with money might be nice too :o .

Any opinions??

Refrain,. it will in most cases end in tears, how will you feel then ? :D

fuc_k the farangs.

Anybman who lets a woman control his life is a whimp and gets his just deserts.

Fix them up but try then out for yourse;f to see iF they are suitable in bed.

Then make some long term arrangement for your self and let the idiot pay for your sexual adventures

fuc_k the farangs.

Then make some long term arrangement for your self and let the idiot pay for your sexual adventures

????

Are you posting under the influence mr smithson?

fuc_k the farangs.

????

Agree Nidge- looks like kheemao to me!

fuc_k the farangs.

????

Agree Nidge- looks like kheemao to me!

influence of no grey cell's me think's

do you still live in a cave

A lads you are falling into the trap of letting the inevitable negative post get you all wound up.

Ignore them and they'll go away.

On a more seriouse note.

What am I gonna do with all these eligible dames?

I guess this is what you get for setting such a high standard in marital bliss. It's only a matter of time before the legend of the upstanding, caring, (add your own adjectives here), selfless Irish male spreads throughout Isarn.

It was inevitable I suppose.

Wish I had a thousand baht for everytime I've been asked to fix someone up with a farang! This is an almost daily request. It always makes me smile when they ask my wife to get them one....:o Seemingly they all tend to think there is a never ending supply of farang husbands.

Those of us who live in Issan, tend to live in much nicer houses, have many nice things & to the casual observer we are all loaded & live an easy life. Who wouldn't want a piece of that cake?......If only they knew....:D

fuc_k the farangs.

Mr Smithson is rested from TV

I respond by saying:

I know lots of young guys in the USA (which may or not be true), but since they ARE nice guys, they have well established lives, education, jobs, girlfriends, families, etc. and have never thought of moving to Thailand... the way to meet a good husband is to do what Joe's wife did--there are no shortcuts.

Dont play matchmaker - only can lead to disaster. Let them find their own gf/bf. :o
Exactly. I've been there and 2 years down the track the consiquences still bite me on the arse. Edited by bdenner

fuc_k the farangs.

Mr Smithson is rested from TV

another one bites the dust. Deservedly so! He'l be on teak door soon

I genuinely would love to introduce these and indeed other suitable women to foreigners with a view to creating Joy and happiness in the world .

If this is true then just do it! What exactly you decide to do to help them will determine how much collateral joy or sadness you reap.....just remember that if you engineer the situation so that you reap maximum upside you will also be reaping maximum downside....on the other hand if you are good at it you should be able to create good matches and avoid being murdered (maximum downside).

Chownah

I genuinely would love to introduce these and indeed other suitable women to foreigners with a view to creating Joy and happiness in the world...

Any opinions??

Yes, spare all those potential farang sheep from being sheard by all those Issan wolves :o

I think the vast majority of married farangs have been asked this.

I have been asked as well.

I must agree with the majority here.

Let them find their own future spouses.

Let them make their own mistakes, and learn form them. If you hook them up, and it goes sour, then it was your mistake (in their eyes).

Since you know both parties, andif it goes sour, then they both will use you (day and night) for consultation, moaning, etc.

I have tried so many times to explain to my (new extended) family, and other friends here that there is not that many of the tourists that really are rich people. Most of them have regular jobs back home, save money for most of the year, just to splash it in a few weeks, before they go back home to work, pay bills, handle the loans, and save more.

Many of the females in my family and my wife's female friends seem to not wanting to believe me, since they always have at least one success story to tell, about how lucky someone was.

I bet this sounds very familiar to many of you guys here.

I think the vast majority of married farangs have been asked this.

I have been asked as well.

I must agree with the majority here.

Let them find their own future spouses.

Let them make their own mistakes, and learn form them. If you hook them up, and it goes sour, then it was your mistake (in their eyes).

Since you know both parties, andif it goes sour, then they both will use you (day and night) for consultation, moaning, etc.

I have tried so many times to explain to my (new extended) family, and other friends here that there is not that many of the tourists that really are rich people. Most of them have regular jobs back home, save money for most of the year, just to splash it in a few weeks, before they go back home to work, pay bills, handle the loans, and save more.

Many of the females in my family and my wife's female friends seem to not wanting to believe me, since they always have at least one success story to tell, about how lucky someone was.

I bet this sounds very familiar to many of you guys here.

Yep, couldn't agree more. I'd like a B1000 for every time I've been asked this one. It gets a bit embarassing, doesn't it? They press photos of their sister/daughter/niece into your hand and tell you what a lovely girl she is. She probably is but do you need the hassle? Like you all say, if all goes well you're Mr Popular. If it goes to ratsh*t, you're the Antichrist. It's even worse when they ask you to read letters/emails from some farang that they've met on the internet. Anyone had that one? It's usually not that hard to read between the lines...

Dont play matchmaker - only can lead to disaster. Let them find their own gf/bf. :D
Exactly. I've been there and 2 years down the track the consiquences still bite me on the arse.

Hi

Agree with above

Don't I arranged a meeting for a friend of the wife. It wen't badly wrong so much so that the girls family no longer speak to wifes family and subsequent loss of face has proved a problem.

TBWG :o

Edited by TBWG

I genuinely would love to introduce these and indeed other suitable women to foreigners with a view to creating Joy and happiness in the world...

Any opinions??

Yes, spare all those potential farang sheep from being sheard by all those Issan wolves :o

If you think they are all wolves, why would you choose to read this section at all? :D

Being from a rural area myself, I'm hoping that I am suited for this type of life in the future.

I know the bright lights of the seaboard are quickly losing their appeal.

~WISteve

UPDATE

Have decided not to pursue this matter further myself. Wasn't too keen on the idea from the start. acupid I ma not. NAy well balanced guys I know are already married. All the single guys I know over 45 are terminally single, if you know what I mean.

My wife is helping her sister with typing online replies to internet dating sites. She is also suggetsing guys to short list.

FYI my sister in law has had over a hundred messages from all over the world so far. I don't get involved but must listen to descriptions of these guys reglarly. Imagine how interested I am. Still, some of them are flying over to thailand so she can check them out further. I didn't realise how big this internet dating thing is.

Thanks for the views and opinions.

Yes, spare all those potential farang sheep from being sheard by all those Issan wolves :D

If you think they are all wolves, why would you choose to read this section at all? :D

Being from a rural area myself, I'm hoping that I am suited for this type of life in the future.

said more in just...jai yen yen Steve :o even you, must admit, that there are some wolves up there (and everywhere), however :D

UPDATE

Have decided not to pursue this matter further myself. Wasn't too keen on the idea from the start. acupid I ma not. NAy well balanced guys I know are already married. All the single guys I know over 45 are terminally single, if you know what I mean.

My wife is helping her sister with typing online replies to internet dating sites. She is also suggetsing guys to short list.

FYI my sister in law has had over a hundred messages from all over the world so far. I don't get involved but must listen to descriptions of these guys reglarly. Imagine how interested I am. Still, some of them are flying over to thailand so she can check them out further. I didn't realise how big this internet dating thing is.

Thanks for the views and opinions.

Joe, I'm probably teaching my Grandfather to suck eggs, but tell her to be careful, for Christ's sake. Yeah yeah, we all know the stories about the "wolves" stripping the farang of every penny he has etc, etc and a lot of them are true. But on the other side of the coin, there are plenty of bastards out there who will get in touch with 2 or 3 girls here, promise them the Earth, get their leg over (probably the girl's first time), tell them they're coming back to marry them and then move-on to the next one. They then fly home with a clear conscience and tell their mates how dumb girls are in Thailand. And then we wonder why some Thai are a bit careful in their associations with farangs...

I get asked to find them a farang man all the time, from ladies ladies from all walks of life (students, office workers, shop assistants, nurses, rice farmes, widows, divorcees etc...) to a point that I'm toying with the idea to turn it into a business venture and make money out of it. Seriously, what they really mean is "find me a wealthy man who can support me and my family and allow me to stop working or worrying about supporting others", they can be so brazen with their request. It's becoming to sound like a broken record.

Ditto to Sarge's comments,

That is almost a weekly request made to my wife and I. Granted some of the askers are sweet people and salt of the earth types. That said, they are asking us to put them in contact with some one, any one, who will marry them/daughters/cousins... sight unseen. That is a tall order to get a farang, who I might or might not know well, come to to BKK. Then after they get to BKK, you bring them up-country. If you haven't traveled there before, it would freak 50-70% of them out on the spot. Plus as earlier said many, most, of the girls are looking for an easy way to live a comfortable life, without making a commitment to at least meet the farang half-way. The girls have to be able to speak at least basic English, German, French..., because the percentage of my acquaintances who have any Thai are close to zero. The ones that do speak some Thai, with a couple of exceptions. don't like to go up country, other than maybe korat or when they do go its only for a couple of weeks then back to BKK.

Then you have to get over the language/cultural barrier for both parties. That is a stretch for both sides involved. Many of the lasses are willing to move away, but they at least want time to get to know the potential spouse. Plus, many of the guys I know at home (US) who would come here, I wouldn't necessarily want to come.

The moving to farangland issue is also a tough one. My wife/daughter came with me back to the US for my last year of work to northern Virginia and the year before that in Manila. Even though she speaks and reads 3 level english, it was very stressful for her in the US, she handled Manila much better. I was just lucky that I did not have to travel more than 2 days every 3 months for work when I was back in the US. When I left on the short trips my wife rarely ventured out, other than to take our daughter to school. She was more brave when I was back, but if she did go out, she always took our 5 year old daughter with her. I don't know if it was the area we were in, tyson's corner, falls church area, but if she was alone she would constantly get yelled at by low-life types as they drove by. I personally witnessed it several times while I was parking the car when I dropped her off at some of the local markets. And my wife had lived in BKK for several years when we met, so she was toughened somewhat. For a lass from Isaan to go though that would be hel_l and a sure script for disaster.

Edited by redwooddrive

my position is the other way round. have two farang (german) friends, old geezers in their early sixties like me, who would like to marry a mature thai lady and spend their remaining years in a quiet rural environment (my unfulfilled dream). they are well aware that "love" will play no role in these relationships but have high hopes that for the money they are going to spend they will receive some respect and a minimum of "adequate" treatment in return.

both of them lost their wives some years ago, both of them are financially VERY well off and both of them are VERY familiar with Thailand (Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket and Koh Samui) and the easily available "amenities" but that is not what they want. until recently i tried to fend them off with horror stories read in TV-Forum, describing the huge cultural and educational gap... but to no avail. in their (wet) dreams they have ladies in mind who are well educated, speak fluently several farang languages and are able to conduct a conversation about the present political and economical situation in Europe and the rest of the world. when i tell them "NO HABB AND NO CAN DO!" their answer is "then we are willing to reduce our expectations".

any old experienced farang hands out there who are willing to render some advice? positive or negative, it does not matter.