2 Year Overstayer - What Will Happen To Me?

following the visa rules is easier than attending kindergarten.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to call you on this one as it totally destroys any and all credibility you may have or will ever have now. :o

If taken at face value, it must mean that the XX,XXX (moderator help..how many members of thaivisa.com are there now?)... have not progressed beyone nursery school. If the plethora of visa rules were truly simple and straight-forward, this website would not exist.

getting the overstay cleared at san plu seems a little risky to me.

in case the men in brown lose their patience, then the immigration prison, and truly not thailand's best prison, is right in the back of the building.¨

you just wanna end up there if you got daily support from outside. and even then its nightmare.

I wholeheartedly agree. The airport is the safest way to go.

SRIRACHA JOHN

well, obviously you missed kindergarten.

ok, the problem of kiwibird is the most simple of all - you're right, there are tricky questions with many visa rules.

but kiwibird shows us:

following the visa rules means adding up 1 and 1 - how many days left? thats the whole calculation.

and what a huge variety of non-immigrant visas are available! and all those lawyers who are more than willing to help! thailand offers so many ways to being able to stay here - ok, it helps to have some little money. but in any other "decent" country over half of the people staying here on visas would be rejected for long term stays.

I spent half a lifetime in the kingdom and saw: only people who really overdo it - or did not attend the most basic of mental education - are refusing to add up 1 and 1.

its that simple. for most of us.

No necessity to go to the airport. You can also go to the Immigration Police at any office and confess your sins.

At your peril.

If you do that you will be arrested, sent to the IDC in Suan Plu, deported and black listed.

You need to get to the airport as soon as possible with the 20,000 in you hand, and hope that you do NOT get arrested first.

I am not sure I would recommend Singapore for your visa application.

They have a reputation for being very strict on visa issue, and may knock you back based on the long overstay.

Penang may be a better choice.

i often worked for free when cashflow was low.

You obviously have no clue as to how Thai authorities will view your activities. In Thailand you must have a Work Permit even when "working for free". In your situation I would give serious thought regarding your business partners given that they apparently have zero understanding of Thai law. You may know this already, but your overstay will be noted on Thai immigration police database. If you were a Thai immigration police officer what do you think would be your response to a foreign national completely ignoring the laws of Thailand? Remember that Thai Immigration is a law enforcement agency. Upon your return to Thailand & if you obtain a Work Permit it is Thai Immigration police who will be monitoring your compliance to the terms & conditiions of your Work Permit.

Danone Quotes:

obviously you missed kindergarten.

...and did every poster that asks a question on thaivisa miss out as well?

you're right, there are tricky questions with many visa rules.

...thank you for meeting Mr. Reality. I hope you can stay friends.

but in any other "decent" country over half of the people staying here on visas would be rejected for long term stays.

...slamming over 1/2 the members of thaivisa and at the same time degrading every Thai member by insinuating Thailand is indecent. Great pennings. Keep up the fantastic posting. You're on a roll.

accept your hug sriracha john.

I had no intention at all to lower this beloved country, then you completely misread my lines.

but you know the situation in singapore? indonesia? vietnam? hong kong? other decent places to stay? well, the authorities there really want to see some serious paperwork.

thailand is still easy going, even though it would be easier again if the democrats would return to power. I wonder for how long thailand stays that safe haven?

I would consider every precaution to have the safest possible visa.

therefore knowingly ignorant people like kiwibird are not representative - you're right. maybe not half the foreigners staying in this country would have to go if the laws of other countries would be applied. but still a double digit figure.

Very Interesting Kiwi ... sure got your self in a fix.. at least you doing the right thing and trying to get some advise... let us know how it turns out.. I hope it goes well... to bad you didnt realize your mistake earlier... Good luck

J1J200,,, you are incorrect,,, there is no need to go home,,,,,, do bring proof you've been getting $ from home, dress nice and don't worry you can fly to sing and come right back on a 30 day,,,, If you don't believe me just ask them at the airport,,, ps the airpot is the only place to do this ,and don't fly thai airways as they are far more inclined to call immy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck Posted: Mon 2004-09-06, 16:02:34 posted below is J1J200's B.S :o

Group: Members

Member No.: 12,696

I agree only confess at the airport. If you come clean anywhere else you run the risk that an example will be made of you. Don't forget that 2 years is a long time, the max fine is the same as a 90 day overstay. Also as soon as you leave Thailand I would apply for a new passport, the overstay stamp will show other countries that you've overstayed in Thailand and you could have problems entering other countries and this could include Singapore, if that happens you will get sent back to Thailand to await deportation to youre home country. Why not consider going back home and sorting a visa to return to Thailand there? You'll have more chance of getting one there. If you apply in I suspect the embassy will assume that once you've got the visa you will disappear again for 2 years.

Why do people get on their high horses? Bird: you overstayed so pay the fine at the airport. You don't have a work visa so don't mention that you've worked. Come back in with the proper visa (probably business) and apply for a work permit. All is OK.

Jeez! The Thais are more relaxed than some of the people on this system!! :o

YO KIWI BRO

Go to your country or any country, loose your passport loose your id whatever, then create a NEW id NEW passport NEW identity and then Behave.

sorry man thats the only advice i can give you or you can give your selfup and hope you dont get a buttfucI<er in ur cell.

this teaches us ((FOLLOW THE RULES OR GET A THAI BANANA.))

Peaceout.

I agree only confess at the airport. If you come clean anywhere else you run the risk that an example will be made of you.

Well I disagree.

Kiwi,

Overstay fines can be settled at many of the border checkpoints or immigration departments in any province. If you plan to go to Singapore you could catch the overnight bus/train to Hat Yai then minibus/sorng taew to Sadao and pay the fine there (will take only 15 minutes unless there's a queue :o ). Then continue on past Pedang Besar and down Malaysia by train/bus.

Don't listen to all those scare-mongers out there. But pay the fine quick-smart and sort out your visa.

Kiwibird:

It surprises me that you overstayed 2 years without realising it !! Your claim of to not drinking, doing drugs or whoring around comes into questioning. However, it's your life & I trust you know best !!

However, moving on from where you are........... is a very logical process. Irrelevant which country you might be in. Since you are decided on going to Singapore ( hopefully you will not overstay there. If you do........ you are in some serious trouble mate !! ) Please ensure that you :-

1. Get to the airport much in advance before your flight.

2. Go staright to the overstay fine counter. ( This is located past the airline counters issuing flight boarding passes. )

3. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GET YOUR BOARDING PASS BEFORE PAYING THE THB 20000 FINE FOR OVERSTAY.

4. Speak to the officer incharge very politely, accept your mistake and promise them with folded hands that it will NEVER be repeated.

5. You will get a stamp on your Passport, and will be on the watchlist during your next visit. Please ensure that you do not make such a mistake in the future for your own good and the good of other foreigners who visit the kingdom !

I am certain your plea will be accepted as long as you make it politely & maintain your composure. Under no circumstances should you raise your voice or attempt to come across as throwing your weight or being rude to the officers.

The Thai mentality works on a situation basis. If you come across in total surrender, there is not much they can do. However, try and be tricky with them and if you are cought, they will ensure you a lesson of a lifetime.

Wish you all the luck........ take care mate ! :o

YO KIWI BRO

Go to your country or any country, loose your passport loose your id whatever, then create a NEW id NEW passport NEW identity and then Behave.

sorry man thats the only advice i can give you or you can give your selfup and hope you dont get a buttfucI<er in ur cell.

this teaches us ((FOLLOW THE RULES OR GET A THAI BANANA.))

Peaceout.

No need to get a new passport. All his info is in the system. That is if this guy is for real and not a troll. I think troll personally.

Unbelieveable piece here. 2 years and not know?????? Come on man, this dude cannot be that stupid. Took all of you for the ride on his merry train I suppose.

Ooooooops I see him coming round the corner, bad boy bad boy whatcha gonna do when the chocolate boys get you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehehehehehehehe.

Oh by the way folks, he did indicate he did some side jobs to get income, which means he don't have any real income from the outside. Get it man.

Choooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww bye bye

Daveyo

I can only think what would happen if you overstayed 2 years in the USA. You would get free housing, free medical care, a monthly welfare allowance, free schooling for your children and don't pay any taxes.

All on the backs of the hardworking American worker that would be supporting you and your family.

I can only think what would happen if you overstayed 2 years in the USA. You would get free housing, free medical care, a monthly welfare allowance, free schooling for your children and don't pay any taxes.

All on the backs of the hardworking American worker that would be supporting you and your family.

Sounds like the UK,only we give it the moment you hit the country and burble "asylum". :o