How Can I Stay In Thailand Long Term?

Good afternoon.

Please help! I planned to go to thailand this month to marry my girl friend and live there.

I now have found out i have to be 50, or have a marrage certificate to be able to apply for a 1 year non immigration visa?

Can i go there on a tourist visa, get married, then get a non immigration visa either in thailand, or from one of the ajoining countries??

I would also be working on her farm, do i need a work permit for this?

I would be gratefull for any help!!

Thank

Please help! I planned to go to thailand this month to marry my girl friend and live there.

I now have found out i have to be 50, or have a marrage certificate to be able to apply for a 1 year non immigration visa?

Can i go there on a tourist visa, get married, then get a non immigration visa either in thailand, or from one of the ajoining countries??

I would also be working on her farm, do i need a work permit for this?

Lopburi has answered your questions in another thread so to confirm and answer here the question in the title=

Yes you should have a marriage certificate to apply for a Non Imm O visa in UK but the consulates around the UK are generally lenient enough to issue for 'visiting friends', notably the Hull consulate, just don't try London.

As you are not yet 50, once you are married, you can then apply, within Thailand, to extend this to a period of 1 year with proof that you have a family income of B40,000 per month. This can be extended perpetually annually from within Thailand.

If you can't prove the income and have a multi entry Non Imm O you will have to exit and re-enter Thailand at least every 90 days to re-activate your permission to stay and when the Non Imm O expires you will have to get another at a consulate outside Thailand. It is currently not easy to get a multi entry from neighbouring countries but the situation is fluid so check this forum nearer the time.

You can get married on a tourist visa but all subsequent visas are only obtained outside the country

Any work you intend to do will require a work permit and a work permit will not be issued for farm labouring, you would need to be the MD to get a permit to work at a farm!

Edited by Mahout Angrit