Going To Pattaya With My Parents..

iyah

Hi all,

I'm going with my parents (and gf) to pattaya for 3 days. Could you please tell me what we could do there. My parents are in their mid 60's. My mom told me there was an aquarium to check out. I also plan on taking them to kho larn. Anything else to do during the day time? Any recomendations for dining (thai, indian food..)? Also, where would be a good place to go to listen to some live jazz?

Thanks in advance :o

Edited by iyah

Hi all,

I'm going with my parents (and gf) to pattaya for 3 days. Could you please tell me what we could do there. My parents are in their mid 60's. My mom told me there was an aquarium to check out. I also plan on taking them to kho larn. Anything else to do during the day time? Any recomendations for dining (thai, indian food..)? Also, where would be a good place to go to listen to some live jazz?

If it’s Jazz your after, I heard that they can play the skin flute in Jenny Star Bar!!! :D

Hi all,

Thanks in advance :D

If it’s Jazz your after, I heard that they can play the skin flute in Jenny Star Bar!!! :D

:o I heard they were good on their organs also.

Hi all,

If it's Jazz your after, I heard that they can play the skin flute in Jenny Star Bar!!! :D

dogs <deleted>,lucifers,jenny star bar, hot tuna, tonys, that should impress them ! :D

hehe..i think i'll pass on the ladyboy shows and such.

Any good place to check out 'traditional' jazz? i mean any 'real' jazz club in town? (not 'jazzy rock' etc..)

What's the best indian restaurant in town these days ?

Thanks

Try the PIC Kitchen/Jazz Pit on Soi 4. They have great Thai food and 'easy listening' Jazz. I took my parents there a few weeks back who are also in their sixties and they loved it.

Any good place to check out 'traditional' jazz? i mean any 'real' jazz club in town? (not 'jazzy rock' etc..)

Thanks

sorry cant help on the jazz but for a good indian food Indian by nature on the way to jomtien is good, its up the road from pan pan on the other side of the road, a little pricey but im sure they are worth it ! :o

Why, would you take your parents to Pattaya?

"C'mon Mom and Dad..let me show you the jewel of Thailand. It's completely devoid of culture, full of sex tourists, and got a dandy crime rate, you'll love it"

Surely a more family friendly destination would be better.

Hua Hin? Krabi? Samui?

No offense to residents...There are many fine people there, and I would suggest it as a destination for others who are looking for exactly what Pattaya has to offer.

But it just doesn't seem a wise choice for a parental excursion.

Again to my friends and acquaintances living there....forgive me if my opinion has ruffled any feathers. :o

I have my parents here at the moment (71 and 69 yrs old), and they have had a great time over the last 2 weeks. Of course we have not been partying in Walking Street every night, but they have been there to check it out. There is loads to see and do in and around Pattaya, it is not all about bars and birds as many on this forum would have you believe (most of them have never been here for more than a few nights of debauchery).

My top recommendations for days out with this age group on a short visit would be Nong Nooch, Koh Larn, Sanctuary of Truth, Crocodile Farm.

Nong Nooch is a huge botanical garden about 15 kms out of Pattaya, the highlight is a great elephant show where they ride bikes, play football etc.

Koh Larn you obviously have already checked out. I would recommend chartering a speedboat for about 1700 baht rather than the slow boat. One of the best places to get one seems to be the beach opposite soi 7/8.

Santuary of truth is a multi-faith temple completely made of hand carved wood. They have been building it for something like 15 years, and reckon they will still be adding bits for the next 15 years. There you can help with the carving, elephant rides, speedboats, and a dolphin show - you can swim with them after if you get there early enough.

Crocodile Farm has thousands of crocodiles, as well as tigers and a mini-zoo. My highlight there was feeding the crocs with a chicken tied to a 12 foot pole - see how long you can hang on to it. Also a croc show.

A good place for Thai food is the fishing park on 3rd road. Heading north it is about 1/2 way between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua, nice ambience and entertainment. Also try the floating restaurant off Bali Hi pier. Took the outlaws there a few weeks ago, and as the table filled with countless plates I began to sweat a little, but was pleasantly surprised when the bill came as it was no more expensive than any walking street restaurant. You can do a bit of squid fishing after before being transferred back to Bali Hi by speedboat.

The only place I have really avoided with my parents is soi 6, as that really is in your face.

Ignore the naysayers, and have a great time.

Thanks

I would definitely take them to Alcazar or Tiffany's. These shows are really good and not tacky as I think you imagine them to be. :o

Thanks

I would definitely take them to Alcazar or Tiffany's. These shows are really good and not tacky as I think you imagine them to be. :o

He's right you know.

Naka.