Welcome To New Members - 2551/2008

Tywais

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum, but not entirely new to Thailand... I'm a moderator on one of the Pattaya boards, and will shortly be making a permanant move to Thailand... Not to chase women around bars, but to Get married to a wonderfull Thai woman, (who has never worked in the "Hospitality" industry), and become a faithfull husband to her, and a proud father to her 5 year old daughter...

I've heard every "Sick Buffalo" story around, and I think I've got a grip on the Visa situation... I'll be entering the country on a 1 year multiple entry O/A visa, with the stated purpose of applying for a full retirement visa, for which I fulfill all the requirements... providing they don't move the goalposts within the next three months...

I think that I've got all my ducks in a row regarding Visa issues, now I'm working on the nuts and bolts of the practicalities of the move, which will occur in April... just in time for songkran! (Groan)

When I have a little more time on my hands, I'm going to have a long look around this board, as it seems to be chock full of exactly the information I will need... I've already learned a lot, and been given some excellant advice... thanks guys

Murgatroyd

:o

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greetings to Mr Bill, Longtom and Murgatroyd

Mr Bill, I look forward to reading your contributions.

Longtom, there are quite a few members of Thaivisa who are not native English speakers. Please don't be shy about writing! Most of us understand that it can be hard to write in another language - if someone is not polite, just ignore them - we all do! :o

Murgatroyd, it seems you have a bit of work ahead of you, but it will be quite an adventure.

The forum rules are here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=boardrules

The forum index is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=idx

Best wishes to the three of you!

Ping

Hi everyone

I'm Laura, from "sunny" England. Been reading these boards for a while now and they have so much great information on them, I'm so happy to have found this site. Me and the boyfriend are planning on moving to Koh Samui by September 09, just got to save up and get our teaching certificates first. I'm so excited! My boyfriend has friends who have already moved to Samui and we absolutely love the place. Will start posting more now I've finally got signed up but thankyou to all who have already taught me so much on here :o

Kind Regards

Hey thank you!

I look forward to being back in Thailand. I've been away for two years in other parts of Asia wishing most of the time I had never left.

If any of the members are attending Assumption grad school I would love some advice on your expereinces.

Additionally if anyone is interested or needs a professional drummer for work I will be available after May. I have formal training and prefer jazz as well as many years teaching/touring in the United states and Europe.

Have a nice day and thank you,

B.

Hi brock and welcome to the forum. Sounds awful, poor man. Anyway, I would suggest posting it as a new topic in the general forum, more likely to get some answers that way :o
Hello sbk thanks for your time to reply to my question.

Best regards brock

Hi, I didn't see an area for testing the waters as a newbie. Just wanted to introduce myself and wondered what kinds of information I can get out of this forum.

This seems pretty cool and I would like to get to know people better on here as it seems as if there are a lot of good posters on here.

Hi, I didn't see an area for testing the waters as a newbie. Just wanted to introduce myself and wondered what kinds of information I can get out of this forum.

This seems pretty cool and I would like to get to know people better on here as it seems as if there are a lot of good posters on here.

Why not just try your "luck" and ask some question while never get an answer for that before?! May here you'll!

Oh, and welcome to the board by the way!

Cheers.

Just don't ask anything that’s been asked 50 times before, then you will find how nice the people really are.

And be sure to remember any opinion you have on anything will always be wrong, even if it is right every where else in the world, it is wrong here.

And never question a person with over a 1,000s posts, because there 1,000's post automatically make them experts on everything, since that’s all the do all day long is read this forum and post BS on anything and everything.

Other than that have fun. Welcome by the way.

Sorry, I forgot one very important detail about using this site, if you have a sense of humor; you are defiantly at the wrong place.

Oh, don't pay any attention to the negative posters (cough!). It's better to have a GSOH! And ignore everything I have said as I have over 1000 posts!

ps Welcome to the forum, settle down and enjoy yourself!

Just don't ask anything that’s been asked 50 times before, then you will find how nice the people really are.

And be sure to remember any opinion you have on anything will always be wrong, even if it is right every where else in the world, it is wrong here.

And never question a person with over a 1,000s posts, because there 1,000's post automatically make them experts on everything, since that’s all the do all day long is read this forum and post BS on anything and everything.

Other than that have fun. Welcome by the way.

Sorry, I forgot one very important detail about using this site, if you have a sense of humor; you are defiantly at the wrong place.

Well that about covers everything, like the 1000 posts thing, you think thats all they do all day? what do they do at night ? :o

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

welcome-sm.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2551/2008, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :o

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

welcome-sm.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2551/2008, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :o

She's a bit of allright :D

seonai directed me to this thread to introduce myself. Nice picture. I have been living in Thailand for a few years now. I like it here. Just decided to try out this forum and see if there were any people on here with similar interests.

A bit about me...I am in my early adulthood and am a farang. I have basically lived in or near the capital the whole time I have been here.

One big interest I have now is web site design. I am creating a new website from scratch and have selected a web server and domain registrar.

Wondered if anyone else out there had or is having a similar experience as I am with web site design.

Oh, don't pay any attention to the negative posters (cough!). It's better to have a GSOH! And ignore everything I have said as I have over 1000 posts!

ps Welcome to the forum, settle down and enjoy yourself!

Thanks suegha. I put up another post on the Welcome thread with the nice picture of fireworks and the pretty Thai gal. :o

Hmmm...seems as if these posts are on two threads. Interesting.

Edited by Shuddee

Hi y'all,

I'm Darrell an American who discovered the great LOS on a "medical tourism" trip in 2005. Disabled Vet who served in Iraq. Worked as Registered Nurse before I was no longer able because the injuries I sustained caught up with me and I had to go on total disability. White guy married to a Filipina 7 years. One of the reasons I have come to enjoy LOS is the BIG difference between The Philippines and LOS. I was expecting it to be about the same, and boy was I wrong. Technically I joined in 2007/2550 but didn't introduce myself, so I thought what the heck, I might as well do it here.

Been lurking on this site for over a year. My main reason for coming to TV was the sweeping changes in Thai immigration law in 2006. Unless they get to changing some of it I may end up retiring in Cebu. They give you a permanent retirement visa (as long as you keep your nose clean you don't have to do anything to keep your visa) only requiring $10000 in a CD in a Philippine Bank. And if you are 35-49 $50000 for 2 years, then $10000. I hope the LOS has something similar soon because I would love to split my time between Cebu and LOS when I fully retire. A bit off topic but I though I'd throw in my two satang.

But I have found it to be a great resource on everything Thai and SEA :o

Thanks to all for the good info, irritation, humor, and help :D

GunnyD

Edited by gunnyd

HI FOLKS :D .. I GUESS ITS TIME I SAID HELLO TO EVERYONE HERE!

IVE BEEN READING THE FORUMS FOR SOME TIME NOW BUT NEVER POSTED UNTIL TODAY. IM A 45 YR OLD IRISH GUY WITH WHO'S BEEN TO THAILAND A FEW TIMES DUE TO

THE ENTRANCING EFFECT OF A CERTAIN THAI LADY I MET ONLINE ALMOST 2 YRS AGO! HOPEFULLY ILL MAKE THE TRANSITION TO LIVING THERE FULL-TIME IN THE NEAR

FUTURE ... THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE IN THAIVISA FOR YOUR POSTS AND VIEWS...ITS GREAT TO BE HERE ! :o

One big interest I have now is web site design. I am creating a new website from scratch and have selected a web server and domain registrar.

Wondered if anyone else out there had or is having a similar experience as I am with web site design.

If you are only looking at basic design (not professional), get in touch with "yorkie". He has a few pages generally connected to Thailand and Thai life.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showuser=12843

Cheers and :o

J

I just joined last week but have been a lurker for several months. Mostly go to the news clippings section, and was surprised last night to see over 1000 people online at the same time, but then that's the attraction of Thaksin. Or the non-attraction. I'm an American travel writer and author of several guidebooks to Thailand, so obviously I've spent some time there, since my first visit in 1979. Anyone remember the heyday of the Malaysia Hotel, before the rise of Khao San?

Thai Visa is a great resource, especially when it comes to stories that disappear from the Bangkok Post and Nation, such as the Pai murder and Ranong incident. Great to see those stories stay alive, and the input from people involved in these incidents. See you all round the forums.

Edited by friskodude