Bank Book Showing 800k

Am not sure why you are going to Penang - is it to obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa? If you qualify for retirement extensions of stay you can do that at Immigration at a cost of 2,000 baht and save the trip. If it is to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa have no idea if Penang will issue them or not. Singapore seems willing to issue with proof of 800k in a bank account somewhere less then a month old.

Lopburi ,

I see you only mention Singapore is willing to issue multiple non O's ,

isn't KL willing to give them out anymore ?

I have done that in the past based on marriage .

And wonder if the situation there may have changed after perhaps some

reports I have missed ......

KL is normally considered a "maybe". Most seem to get but some have had problems. Singapore is the only local Consulate that I know of that established a fixed set of rules (money in a bank account) for multi entry issue.

Am not sure why you are going to Penang - is it to obtain a single entry non immigrant O visa? If you qualify for retirement extensions of stay you can do that at Immigration at a cost of 2,000 baht and save the trip. If it is to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa have no idea if Penang will issue them or not. Singapore seems willing to issue with proof of 800k in a bank account somewhere less then a month old.

Mae Sai told me that I had to go out to another country and get a non immigrant O visa that I could extend as retirement. I had no idea that I could get a retirement extension without first having the 90 day single entry non-o visa. I was finishing up my 30 day visa exempt stamps hopping and they said that I couldn't extend on one of those. Mae Sai seemed to show a lot of trouble understanding the rules on a number of issues.

I'm in Penang now and I'm not sure that they are going to give me the 90 day non-o.

Thanks

Joe

If you have a problem getting the non immigrant O single entry you can use a tourist visa to change to non immigrant O at immigration but you need to have 21 days remaining on your current permitted to stay stamp (which you probably did not have on your 30 day visa exempt entry). It will be the extra 2,000 baht stamp and a separate application form but not a big deal. I would go to Immigration in Penang myself (if not too late) and explain why you are there and have that bank book to show them. But if there is a problem just accept a tourist visa.