Immersion Heater

el jefe

Go to almost any market anywhere in Thailand and you can find these heaters......at least I have seen them in many many many markets......

chownah

Chownah,

Are we talking about the same thing? I tried the Tom Payom market, the Thanin market, all the shops surrounding those markets, the electronics shops on and rear Chiang Puak Road, and almost everything in between I tried about 30 electronics and kitchen supply shops in all. I showed them the burned out one I have and asked if they have new ones. Many shop owners didn't even recognize what I had.

Again, I'm looking for a portable one that fits in the palm of your hand, not the pots where you can heat a litre or more of water and then pour it in a cup. if you know of a specific place in CM, or anyplace in the general area with specific directions, please let me know. Thanks.

If you've been to the electronics shops on Chang Phuak, my next stop would be Amorn electronics to the left of Icon Square. And failing that, I would try the top floor of the department store in Airport Plaza. Failing that, Carrefour and Home Pro.

I haven't actually seen any hand-held or other immersion heaters there, but these places would be reasonably likely to have them.

Also seem to recall there are some shops and stands with tools and various gadgets in the Chiang Mai gate area.

If you've been to the electronics shops on Chang Phuak, my next stop would be Amorn electronics to the left of Icon Square. And failing that, I would try the top floor of the department store in Airport Plaza. Failing that, Carrefour and Home Pro.

I haven't actually seen any hand-held or other immersion heaters there, but these places would be reasonably likely to have them.

Also seem to recall there are some shops and stands with tools and various gadgets in the Chiang Mai gate area.

I tried another dozen shops without luck so I was 0 for 40. Then I went to Amorn. Thanks for the tip, Meadish. What a great shop. I'm sure I'll be back in there again for something. But not for an immersion heater. They didn't have them. 0 for 41. At least they knew what it was when I showed them the old one. They recommended I try Wulai Rd, which is what I assume you meant by the Chiang Mai Gate area. I went there next and found a very cluttered lighting store that also sold some electronic products. Bingo! I bought two. I'll need a new hobby now that the search is over

This might have saved my marriage. You don't want to deal with my wife before she's had her morning coffee (and afternoon and evening coffee) when we're traveling. Meadish, if we ever meet up, I owe you a beer.