Bangkok Bank

The motto of Bangkok Bank:

"We realize that living in a foreign country is sometimes difficult so we aim to make it easier by tailoring a wide range of banking services for the needs of all of our foreign customers."

I have had two accounts with Bangkok Bank for over eight years. Today, I attempted to apply for internet banking having been successful with three accounts at the Kasikorn Bank.

No chance without a w*rk permit or a certificate of residence!

What is this all about?

Sounds like they are loosing up. Don't believe they have mentioned anything except a work permit previously. You should be able to obtain from your Embassy, Immigration if doing 90 day reports, or maybe District Office from some recent reports.

I got this reply when I queried them about online banking. I have not yet tried to open internet banking with them so don't know how it will go at my small branch in town. Chok dii na krap

Dear Customer

We appreciate your interest in our Internet Banking service and value your suggestion.

However, we would like to inform you that in order to apply for our Internet Banking service, a certificate for long-term resident in Thailand, such as Work Permit or Non-Immigrant Visa is required. If you hold any kind of such documents, you can apply for Bualuang iBanking at any Bangkok Bank branch.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also contact our phone banking center at +66-2645-5555 (from the overseas) or 1333 (from within Thailand), a 24/7 service to acquire more information. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Web operations

This reply would indicate that any long-term stay paper should suffice, in my case it was enough to show them my university certification letter, I'm assuming the OP is on a Non-O, perhaps bringing a marriage certificate would do?

I went into my Bangkok Bank branch asked at the customer desk,

The guy asked if I had a Work permit , I said No , but I do have a Non O

Immigrant visa will that do.?, he said yes as long as you have an account at

This branch and your passport and bank book with you , which I did

30 minuets later I walked out with a copy of the completed internet banking form,

Next week I received in the post my activation code for the internet

Account and I now can access my account on line..

"We realize that living in a foreign country is sometimes difficult so we aim to make it easier by tailoring a wide range of banking services for the needs of all of our foreign customers."

I have had two accounts with Bangkok Bank for over eight years. Today, I attempted to apply for internet banking having been successful with three accounts at the Kasikorn Bank.

What is this all about?

Bangkok bank requires a long term visa I have a retirement visa so I can have Internet Banking. Kasikorn does not have the same requirements.

Bangkok bank requires a long term visa I have a retirement visa so I can have Internet Banking. Kasikorn does not have the same requirements.

I have a multi-entry 'O' which has been extended based upon retirement seven times. This didn't appear to cut any ice.

However, it has come to pass that both my accounts were opened when in Thailand on a tourist visa and that appears to be the problem (the passbooks are coded). I have been advised that I should open new accounts (as a long term resident) and close the old ones, a facility that was not available at the small "Tesco" branch in which I was applying.

A lack of correct information at the time of first posting. Now it appears to make a little more sense.

Doh!

Y

Q: If you get internet banking with Bangkok Bank, Is it possible to transfer funds from Thailand to a bank account overseas in America from the website:

Would also like to know the same thing, anyone done transfers overseas, and also if possible, any limits?

Bangkok Bank is just hopeless

I still have an account open with them (open some 12 years ago) but I can't get Internet Banking facilities, so I just redirected all my money to Siam Commercial where I have 2 accounts and never a problem.

It seems to me that Bangkok Bank has a hopeless service. My ATM card had problem so I want to a branch in bkk to get a new one (account is in Surat) they took 80 baht and after about 1 hour of problems I had a working card. The problem is it stopped working the day after and I was told to go to Surat to unlock it. Great Job!

In the other hand I could make the same operation for a siam commercial card and no problems. !5 minutes and I hat a new ATM card + new passbook even if the account is in a different province.

In general I think Bkk Bank do not like foreigners

YES Please .

i would love to know if u have internet banking if you can transfer money out as easily as i move money via my us bank accounts online...

Seconded, or is that thirded... would love to know too. Anyone?

when i log into my (Mrs Goshawk's name) Bangkok Bank (bualuang ibanking) account i can view balance, recent transactions, print statements and thats about it..

from different types of account it maybe possible, but from my experience no, you cannot transfer money to/from other banks. However, you can move between other Bangkok Bank accounts

What is this all about?

What is this all about?

Here is some additional information concerning BKK Bank.

A farang CAN NOT get a debit card the card you receive for ATM is good ONLY for ATM can not be used to purchase goods.

I was told this ATM card can be used worldwide mine DID NOT in the states.

ALSO

If you want to transfer money an additional password is required for each account that you wish to transfer money. This password is only sent to you via a SMS and ONLY to the cell phone on record with the bank.

A farang CAN NOT get a debit card the card you receive for ATM is good ONLY for ATM can not be used to purchase goods.

ALSO

If you want to transfer money an additional password is required for each account that you wish to transfer money. This password is only sent to you via a SMS and ONLY to the cell phone on record with the bank.

Bangkok Bank does give debit cards! Their BTS card is a VISA which can be used anywhere! They also offer the option of a plain-jane ATM card (no VISA branding, only PLUS compatibility), but you can definitely get the regular VISA debit card.

ALSO

Obviously your experience depends on the branch, and possibly the mood of the personnel you are dealing with.

I was offered a credit card when I opened the account. I declined the offer since I only wanted the ATM card.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "transfer money." If you mean between my account and another bank account in Thailand, I can do that at an ATM without problem or special password.

In general I think Bkk Bank do not like foreigners

You can find rude, uncooperative and/or incompetent people anywhere, whether bank employees or customers (even outside Thailand!!), but I've always found the people at my branch of Bangkok Bank and the main office on Silom to be friendly and helpful.

I got this reply when I queried them about online banking. I have not yet tried to open internet banking with them so don't know how it will go at my small branch in town. Chok dii na krap

Dear Customer

We appreciate your interest in our Internet Banking service and value your suggestion.

However, we would like to inform you that in order to apply for our Internet Banking service, a certificate for long-term resident in Thailand, such as Work Permit or Non-Immigrant Visa is required. If you hold any kind of such documents, you can apply for Bualuang iBanking at any Bangkok Bank branch.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also contact our phone banking center at +66-2645-5555 (from the overseas) or 1333 (from within Thailand), a 24/7 service to acquire more information. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Web operations

:D Well that's what the internet page says also. No internet access unles you have residence in Thailand or a work visa. At least they are consistant.

Having said that, this is Thailand and each branch makes it's own policy. You might find another branch is more willing to give you access.

Or, and I'm not suggesting anything here just giving you something to think about, I have a joint account in Bangkok Bank with my Thai girlfriend. They told me I couldn't get a password for computer access to that joint account because I didn't live in Thailand. However my Thai girlfriend could apply and get a password for my joint account and therefore computer access. However, she doesn't have a computer. Fourtunately, I do have a computer. I assume that you can make the logical deduction from those facts.

(There's always more than one way to skin a cat.)

:o

Well that's what the internet page says also. No internet access unles you have residence in Thailand or a work visa. At least they are consistant.

Having said that, this is Thailand and each branch makes it's own policy. You might find another branch is more willing to give you access.

Or, and I'm not suggesting anything here just giving you something to think about, I have a joint account in Bangkok Bank with my Thai girlfriend. They told me I couldn't get a password for computer access to that joint account because I didn't live in Thailand. However my Thai girlfriend could apply and get a password for my joint account and therefore computer access. However, she doesn't have a computer. Fourtunately, I do have a computer. I assume that you can make the logical deduction from those facts.

(There's always more than one way to skin a cat.)

So....Now that you have access to the ibanking....THE Question being posed now is....

Is it possible to transfer money from your Bangkok Bank account directly to an overseas account via the ibanking system?

We hope that you can shed some light on this question, especially since you have access and have been using the system.

Thanks.

Edited by innovator

I was refused internet banking with BB last week on the grounds that I do not have a current WP or Non O Visa. When I opened the account 3 years ago I had both.

My buddy walked into Kasikorn the same day with his passport (no WP or visa) and the address of his hotel and walked out with the lot.

Guess BB will be losing my business pretty soon.

Edited by johnh101

The Saga continues …..

Bangkok Bank’s main branch in Surin informed me yesterday that I cannot have internet banking unless I produce a work permit or a yellow tabien baan (neither of which are possible for me to obtain). When I produced my 30 year lease, driving licence, embassy letter and seven years of visa extensions, I was told by an employee that he had submitted similar documents for other farangs but a faceless wonder in the main Bangkok branch had rejected the applications.

When I informed the employee that the Kasikorn Bank had no such requirement he told me that neither had the Siam Commercial Bank so I could apply there.

So the bank’s opening statement on their website is not entirely accurate.