33k Baht Tax For Renew Visa?!

I would be interested in knowing peoples' chief motivation for doing all this. For me it's always been about saving the money I've been spending on visas, border runs etc. but for others is it the security? Something else? I've been trying so hard to get all these documents, meet criteria, fulfill this and that, to get into the system and be able to stay here long term, but all the while I've been staying here long term just the same. I'm not sure anymore whether I want to be 'in the system' any more than I am now. Perhaps I'm so used to the muddling by and continuing to live my life here just the same that it's really not such a hassle after all to take a trip every few months. I never had the headaches of thinking about all this before! I vowed to never tie myself down at all to this country, but find myself now trying effectively to officially make a home here, but this has been my home for 7 years now so what's the difference? I'm starting to think maybe I'm comfortable with the status quo of it all. And that's the thing, it is a status quo, and it almost offers me more security than what I've been striving for because I know it, how it works, and I'm still living here. Should I really put myself through breaking my neck to get the 1 year extension? I don't know if I'm getting disallusioned here or just realising life isn't so bad doing what I'm doing now!

Maybe it is just better to make your business run better , so

making more revenue , so eventually really making the profit equaling or overpassing

the 40k income needed to make an extension at immgr with the tax ,

whatever the amount is you will have to pay .

My wifes business is getting better every year , still not making 40k ,

and I won't go the route of declaring 40k but not making it .( at least not for now)

So I am happily going abroad once more to make my multiple non O .

I do not understand the OP what he so badly wants , it is stated many times ,

also in this thread , that immgr only wants to see 40k profit income before

any deductions of paying tax .

If you will have to pay 33k , so be it , every other tax payer will have to pay the

same amount ( when having the same numbers ) .

I think when the business really makes this kind of profit from itself ,

you will not bother yourself too much with this problem .

Hi,

You cannot file 3 tax return forms, 1 per business. You and your wife can file 1 form jointly, or 2 forms separately.

Don't try to be inventive. Go to the Revenue Department or a private accountant and either will be able to tell you whether you should file jointly or separately in order to have the smallest taxable income and thus pay the smallest amount of tax. Make copies of the form(s), file with the Revenue Department, and make copies of the tax receipt. You also can request certified copies of the tax return forms, but this may take some time.

Then go to Immigration with your copies and the original tax receipt. If your joint income (this is your income before any deductions) on the 1 joint form or the 2 separate forms is 40K per month or higher, you meet the Immigration requirement. If the Immigration officer doesn't accept your income as being sufficient, ask (politely) to speak with the supervisor. If the supervisor doesn't accept this, tell the supervisor (politely) that you would like to file an appeal. If you are familiar with Thai bureaucracy, you will know that this is what truly strikes fear into their hearts. At this point, the supervisor will usually will take the situation to his/her supervisor and the problem will be solved. If you still don't get approval, file the appeal.

Excellent advice and superb summary. Thank you for your contribution. :o

Maybe it is just better to make your business run better , so

making more revenue , so eventually really making the profit equaling or overpassing

the 40k income needed to make an extension at immgr with the tax ,

whatever the amount is you will have to pay .

My wifes business is getting better every year , still not making 40k ,

and I won't go the route of declaring 40k but not making it .( at least not for now)

So I am happily going abroad once more to make my multiple non O .

I do not understand the OP what he so badly wants , it is stated many times ,

also in this thread , that immgr only wants to see 40k profit income before

any deductions of paying tax .

If you will have to pay 33k , so be it , every other tax payer will have to pay the

same amount ( when having the same numbers ) .

I think when the business really makes this kind of profit from itself ,

you will not bother yourself too much with this problem .

If it was so clear I wouldnt be here asking questions,

Yes,we did the tax saying the shop makes 40K BEFORE ANY DEDUCATION OF PAYING TAX.

We got taxed on amount/income of 15K AFTER deducation..

guess what..SURPRISE!! the immigration said its not enough.

now have 2 more levels that need to know which one the immigration wants to see.

you have to read all this thread to understand the small and IMPORTANT details that makes a lot of difference !...

Go to a gouvernmental accounting service, ask to get your monthly papers as you paid your taxes (on your 40,000 Bahts salary for you and your wife), and it's enough for the immigration and don't need to show your bank book. I paye monthly 3,550 Bahts of taxes, for our couple, and no problem with the immigration when we show the payed taxes... Since ten years now...

Go to a gouvernmental accounting service, ask to get your monthly papers as you paid your taxes (on your 40,000 Bahts salary for you and your wife), and it's enough for the immigration and don't need to show your bank book. I paye monthly 3,550 Bahts of taxes, for our couple, and no problem with the immigration when we show the payed taxes... Since ten years now...

well you pay 3550 Baht (!) ,of course you'll get the visa..hehe but do you think its the best/cheapest worthwhile to do so to get a non 'o' to stay in THAILAND ??

number 2: We're trying to go to the lowest tax level as much as we can.

ONCE the immigration requires will be clear for us-then its all good.

:o

[we'll scan also the original tax that we'll use to get the visa and all of us will know the right and cheapest way to get "non immigrant 'o' based on mariage".

:D:o

A Non Imm O Visa based on marriage is obtainable at a Consulate or Embassy outside of Thailand. No money or tax accounts are needed for this.

You must be talking about an extension of stay.

Hi guys , ok herer are the 2 options we calculate again (by ourselfs follow the tax rules) .

this options will be able to do only in case the tax will agree for us to fill the forms/claim seperately.

Option 1:

(in case immigration want to see "INCOME BALANCE(money left) AFTER MINUS THE EXPENSES)

Option 2:

(in case immigration want to see "INCOME BALANCE(money left) AFTER MINUS THE EXPENSES AND MINUS REDUCES FEE).

Have a look please and tell me what do u think immigration wants too see..

:o

post-39482-1199613498_thumb.jpg

post-39482-1199613516_thumb.jpg

Ah, i see it now. You FABRICATE income.

would that not be illegal?

How long do you want to stay in Thailand?

1 year or more? (You can't fool them every time, and as it looks now, you can't fool them THIS time either)

Edited by Khun Jean

I was just pointing out that it extremely coincidental that you have a salary that is exactly enough for immigration purposes. That would give them the hint the business is not real. If it is a company structure (a real one) there would be no reason to give yourself these salaries or is this company not making any money except the salaries and some minor costs. Company tax rates are higher then personal income tax so there would be no reason.

If the business is like a partnership the profit will be taxed on you personally. In that case does this business really make 40.000 x 12 = 480.000 baht profit exactly?

Your examples look like 'reverse' bookkeeping.

So i still think you are fabricating it. The question is, Why?

Edited by Khun Jean

its my wife's business. not COMPANY.

I suggest that if this disccussion is going to be in this way you pointing out ,we loose the real point that is :

Whats the cheapest way to get extension of stay based on mariage

(do we really need to talk about people got their visa on 3000baht paid tax?or on the people saying they pay 3500b /month tax to do it ? get reall and dont be/act naive).

If it is your wifes business i would be extra careful claiming exactly 480.000 baht profit. (Why not 534.235 baht profit, less suspicious)

Who is naive? Reverse bookkeeping works sometimes (if you use the right numbers) but not all the times (especially when you use the numbers required by immigration).

Just hoping you do what is right and real instead of lying and fabricating profits.

My posts are for you to consider nothing more. I wish the best to you and to have no problems getting extensions in the long future. But that has to start with some credible numbers. And what you have shown sofar is not credible.

Another thing i just thought of but don't know ther details about. If you have a workpermit does that not demand a minimum salery?

Edited by Khun Jean

ok now I understand your point and it seems right to do so go little bit higher then exactly 40K baht/month.

you suggest do it 534,235 combine NET income. /44,519.583 per month.

BUT which way show the income immigration wants to see ?

have 2 options I showed.