Springworks In Cr

my friend I

Does anyone know of a springworks in Chiang Rai, or somewhere fairly close.?

I'm also after a good quality carpenters vise. thanks

Am i the only dummy here, that doesn't know what a "springworks" is????

No ill lay claim to being a dummy in this matter as well.....

Chownah is correct.

What kind of springs u looking for-watch springs, bed springs, leaf springs, tie to your feet springs-????

I would like to make some new springs. We are building a luxury pushcart - a Lincoln rot kentinental :o

If you are making a sprung pushcart I suggest checking out the suspension on samlors (the tricycles you hire around town with a guy peddling in front). I haven't paid much attention to them but it seems like they are sprung and are fairly light weight so their suspension might be just what you are looking for....or some of their parts might be.

Chownah

Spot on Chownah. If I can't make something new I will be looking to get some of those leaf springs. May have to take one out. Though will be carrying about the same weight.

Not sure they still make samlors. Maybe I'll give that old guy who hangs around Beautiful Optical at night a deal he can't refuse.

Spot on Chownah. If I can't make something new I will be looking to get some of those leaf springs. May have to take one out. Though will be carrying about the same weight.

Not sure they still make samlors. Maybe I'll give that old guy who hangs around Beautiful Optical at night a deal he can't refuse.

Ask around among the samlor drivers and ask where they get springs if one breaks....if you find out where the samlor spart parts store is please let me know as I'm interested in making a custom cart too someday..

Chownah

Ask around among the samlor drivers and ask where they get springs if one breaks....if you find out where the samlor spart parts store is please let me know as I'm interested in making a custom cart too someday..

Chownah

I am a bit worried that the samlor springs may break easily especially if going more than pedal speed.The curved end where the bolt goes thru is small & seems fragile.

There is a shop about 200m N of the Menglia statue on the east side. It sells steel, castors, nuts and bolts, etc, might be a place to look. :o

Thanks. I'm going to town next week & hope to check out as many places as possible. Maybe even damaged cars. Something like a Mira & just use one leaf.

Ok, did you know that in Chaiyaphum they have (or at least they used to have) a vehicle which the locals called "sky lab" (after a satellite which was lauched by the US probably around the time this vehicle came into being) which is a sports car version of a tuk tuk. The body was light and very similar to a samlor body but it had a motorcycle front very much like a tuk tuk. They were fairly sporty and could way outperform a tuk tuk. You might go to the Isaan forum and ask if they still have these in Chaiyaphum etc.

Chownah

Probably, but when I was there I didn't look at them because I hadn't come up with this project. I wasn't planning on going back to E-sarn til May & this was something to do in the hot season.

I'll see what I can find in CR this week.There must be a place, even to do repairs.