What I Saw Today In Pattaya

piker

Began my day in the usual way by looking out at the panorama from the balcony. As the nights have been chilly lately, I'm not always sure what level of clothing to wear in the morning.

056cb697.jpg

80255c33.jpg

I decide to forgo my usual Thai breakfast and head to soi Chaiyapoom where I then must decide between Seaside, Canterbury Tales, or Crazy Dave's. The challenge is which one is the most satisfying if any.

ee486629.jpg

49872bd1.jpg

fa71ac23.jpg

bee40284.jpg

It's starting to heat up and I'm wearing long everything so it's back on the bike down to Walking.

5fdc5b6d.jpg

caab4f13.jpg

ca16fc47.jpg

Then it's over to Mini's Aviary to see my little feathered friends who have gotten to know me. They let mehold, touch, and piss them off with pen. The African grey parrots often speak words of Thai and English.

ed85bf29.jpg

8ba740d5.jpg

d5d6e459.jpg

31d95064.jpg

b1be822e.jpg

I almost bought an African Grey from that Aviary a couple of months ago, The lady had a firm price of 25,000 for a 1.5 year old which had a cracked Beak.. I went to Jatujak and bought an African Grey which was a few months old from a proper Parrot shop there, 10,000 baht.. She's talking perfectly and I couldn't be happier.. Slightly off topic, but if you're looking to buy a parrot, Have a look at Jatujak first :o I saved 15,000 baht by going there..

d5d6e459.jpg

Why is the human in the cage and the parrots have the freedom?

because the parrots have bigger brains in this case :D

to OP......i scrolled down in trepidation waitin for the spectacular thing what you saw today!! then got to the end and realised oh...its just what you saw today ......not a WOW look at what i saw today type thing,like something real unusual even for pattaya.my fault. :o

What I Did Today In Pattaya.

I woke at 8am, yawned and got out of bed. I then slurped down a tasty coffee. Not too hot mind. I went for half a spoonful of sugar in it. I know what you are thinking - I'm a Daredevil, me!

Then, after a routine, although not unpleasant evacuation, I grappled with the perennial issue: "Thai food and rice, or a fried English breakfast". Decisions decisions.

I scratched my bottom (Note To Self: I must get those unsightly bum hairs seen to, but not waxed again. The scar tissue from the last time is still visible) and I had a pleasant shower in carefully mixed warm water, neither too hot nor too cold; just right for me in the morning.

Ahh, what other exhilarating events and pleasures of my morning can I share with you................ there are simply too many.

Next time I will post some photos of my coffee, bathroom, bum hair, shower curtain and the like, just in case any of you think my prose too inadequate to accruately reflect the wonders of my morning.

d5d6e459.jpg

to OP......i scrolled down in trepidation waitin for the spectacular thing what you saw today!! then got to the end and realised oh...its just what you saw today ......not a WOW look at what i saw today type thing,like something real unusual even for pattaya.my fault. :o

There are 2 open Aviaries that are side by side, that lady you imply has no brains has both a college degree and a university degree and has a heart bigger than some of the swelled heads on the board.

As to a bird with a cracked beak to our knowledge we never have had one with a cracked beak and would love for you to have pointed it out to us. We have a bird with one eye, a sugar glider with 3 legs and a Muloccan Cockatoo that we bought off of a breeder because of the conditions she had to live in and she had lost her mate and they could not find another. We care about out animals, giving them TLC and also will give same TLC to your birds if you need babysitting.

Go back to JJ and try to get service or complain that the bird died the next day, one of our customers did and they laughed at him when he wanted a refund or another bird.

"The sweet taste of a cheep price is forgotten long before the bitter taste of a poor product or poor service"

We are not a discount bird shop JJ market is, we have a much higher overhead and the market price for African Greys in Pattaya is B25,000.

Thanks for letting me get my 2 cents in.

Edited by bob4you

What I Did Today In Pattaya.

I woke at 8am, yawned and got out of bed. I then slurped down a tasty coffee. Not too hot mind. I went for half a spoonful of sugar in it. I know what you are thinking - I'm a Daredevil, me!

Then, after a routine, although not unpleasant evacuation, I grappled with the perennial issue: "Thai food and rice, or a fried English breakfast". Decisions decisions.

I scratched my bottom (Note To Self: I must get those unsightly bum hairs seen to, but not waxed again. The scar tissue from the last time is still visible) and I had a pleasant shower in carefully mixed warm water, neither too hot nor too cold; just right for me in the morning.

Ahh, what other exhilarating events and pleasures of my morning can I share with you................ there are simply too many.

Next time I will post some photos of my coffee, bathroom, bum hair, shower curtain and the like, just in case any of you think my prose too inadequate to accruately reflect the wonders of my morning.

:o

Funny, but at the same time I did rather enjoy this piker's photoblog. Please, I am waiting for the next installment.

Thanks for the pics Piker.

Its really refreshing to see someone's simple pleasures. I bet no-one predicts what the final pics will be when they read your title and start to scroll down.

Very clever. Very good fun.

Maybe you will start a trend. A day in the life of..........

Could be fascinating. :o

There are 2 open Aviaries that are side by side, that lady you imply has no brains has both a college degree and a university degree and has a heart bigger than some of the swelled heads on the board.

As to a bird with a cracked beak to our knowledge we never have had one with a cracked beak and would love for you to have pointed it out to us. We have a bird with one eye, a sugar glider with 3 legs and a Muloccan Cockatoo that we bought off of a breeder because of the conditions she had to live in and she had lost her mate and they could not find another. We care about out animals, giving them TLC and also will give same TLC to your birds if you need babysitting.

Go back to JJ and try to get service or complain that the bird died the next day, one of our customers did and they laughed at him when he wanted a refund or another bird.

"The sweet taste of a cheep price is forgotten long before the bitter taste of a poor product or poor service"

We are not a discount bird shop JJ market is, we have a much higher overhead and the market price for African Greys in Pattaya is B25,000.

Actually, The african grey I was interested in buying DID have a crack down its beak. I asked the lady what this was, and she said the bird had fallen from the perch, and that the crack would soon go.. There were 2 birds, The one with the cracked beak for 25,000 baht. She also stated that this bird would not allow anyone to touch its head. There was also another African grey which was slightly cheaper, but she said this one had not learnt how to sit on your shoulder.

Yes, I agree that the price of 25,000 is 'the norm' for Pattaya, as I was quoted 35,000 for a Cockatoo in Theprasit Market, They are 12,000 at a bird shop in Bangkok.

You seem to be against purchasing a Bird at Jatujak market, and seem to think it will die the next day, However I have recovered an older post of yours which was aimed at someone looking for a bird, who had been told to try Jatujak weekend market. Here is your reply..

I don't know what you are wanting to pay but the weekend market area is least expensive and worth traveling to if you happen to be in BKK for something else. I too would love to find a Hyacynth but very rare and no idea of price. I have seen Blue and Gold for around B35k-40k and Scarlets for B150K and up.

I suggest to anyone buying a Parrot from Jatujak, Just have a look around the shop first, ask a few questions, and check out the health of the other birds in the shop. The shop I purchased from was run by a very nice lady, she spent an hour teaching me how to properly take care of the bird as I was new to Birds at that time. She showed me the mother and father of the bird I was buying, She give me her card with her telephone number and told me I could call her 24 hrs if I had any questions/problems, and If the bird stops eating or acts odd, to bring it back immediately..

I know a few other people who have also purchased Parrots from Jatujak market, No problems at all. I think in the case of the bird dying, Its all about how you take care of the bird. If you take care of it properly, then there is a very small percentage that it will die!

Now, My darling African Grey is speaking perfectly and is a very happy, healthy bird. I have no regrets at all.

If anybody is looking to buy a parrot, and would like information on the particular shop where I purchased my Parrot, Please PM me and I will reply with the exact location and telephone number. I'll be returning there soon to buy a Cockatoo..

One last thing, bob4you. If someone purchases a bird from you, and they return and say its died, Will you give them a full refund??? :o

Actually, The african grey I was interested in buying DID have a crack down its beak. I asked the lady what this was, and she said the bird had fallen from the perch, and that the crack would soon go.. There were 2 birds, The one with the cracked beak for 25,000 baht. She also stated that this bird would not allow anyone to touch its head. There was also another African grey which was slightly cheaper, but she said this one had not learnt how to sit on your shoulder.

Yes, I agree that the price of 25,000 is 'the norm' for Pattaya, as I was quoted 35,000 for a Cockatoo in Theprasit Market, They are 12,000 at a bird shop in Bangkok.

You seem to be against purchasing a Bird at Jatujak market, and seem to think it will die the next day, However I have recovered an older post of yours which was aimed at someone looking for a bird, who had been told to try Jatujak weekend market. Here is your reply..

I don't know what you are wanting to pay but the weekend market area is least expensive and worth traveling to if you happen to be in BKK for something else. I too would love to find a Hyacynth but very rare and no idea of price. I have seen Blue and Gold for around B35k-40k and Scarlets for B150K and up.

I suggest to anyone buying a Parrot from Jatujak, Just have a look around the shop first, ask a few questions, and check out the health of the other birds in the shop. The shop I purchased from was run by a very nice lady, she spent an hour teaching me how to properly take care of the bird as I was new to Birds at that time. She showed me the mother and father of the bird I was buying, She give me her card with her telephone number and told me I could call her 24 hrs if I had any questions/problems, and If the bird stops eating or acts odd, to bring it back immediately..

I know a few other people who have also purchased Parrots from Jatujak market, No problems at all. I think in the case of the bird dying, Its all about how you take care of the bird. If you take care of it properly, then there is a very small percentage that it will die!

Now, My darling African Grey is speaking perfectly and is a very happy, healthy bird. I have no regrets at all.

If anybody is looking to buy a parrot, and would like information on the particular shop where I purchased my Parrot, Please PM me and I will reply with the exact location and telephone number. I'll be returning there soon to buy a Cockatoo..

One last thing, bob4you. If someone purchases a bird from you, and they return and say its died, Will you give them a full refund??? :o

If it died within 24 hours yes, if within 72 hours full credit. Only one person we know of has had a parrot die after we sold it and that was 6 days later, we did a necropsy on it with our vet who determined it was due to a impacted crop. (too much food), the buyer insisted he could hand feed a young bird (we advise against it). We did give him a 30% discount on another bird.

If you really think you know more about parrots than we do come on in in show us what you know and help us inform the rest of Pattaya with your wisdom. We are here because we love our parrots and want to help educate people and put the parrots into good homes. If you never come back to our shop it is up to you, if you want to set an appointment to come in and show your expertise you are welcome to call me and I will be happy to let you show me how bright you are. You know where my shop is, you probably have a business card with my and our cell phones (also on 24 hours a day for our customers and even potential customers) and it is on our signs out side of the shop. I don't want to turn this into a advertisement so I won't put it here.

If you really love parrots you are welcome to come in and share your expertise, if you just want to be a _ _ it disturber continue the way you are doing.

Mahalo Nui Loa

Bob4you

d5d6e459.jpg

to OP......i scrolled down in trepidation waitin for the spectacular thing what you saw today!! then got to the end and realised oh...its just what you saw today ......not a WOW look at what i saw today type thing,like something real unusual even for pattaya.my fault. :D

hey bob ease up fella.......it was a joke.......same as he said why is the human in the cage,i didnt really think the human was in the cage.....i knew he was joking(hope he was anyway).....dont take it personal,i didnt think the parrots had bigger brains......(maybe equal size :o !!!........another joke).

anyway if she so qualified why she end up in a parrot shop??????..........just winding you up again as so easy to do :D

If it died within 24 hours yes, if within 72 hours full credit. Only one person we know of has had a parrot die after we sold it and that was 6 days later, we did a necropsy on it with our vet who determined it was due to a impacted crop. (too much food), the buyer insisted he could hand feed a young bird (we advise against it). We did give him a 30% discount on another bird.

If you really think you know more about parrots than we do come on in in show us what you know and help us inform the rest of Pattaya with your wisdom. We are here because we love our parrots and want to help educate people and put the parrots into good homes. If you never come back to our shop it is up to you, if you want to set an appointment to come in and show your expertise you are welcome to call me and I will be happy to let you show me how bright you are. You know where my shop is, you probably have a business card with my and our cell phones (also on 24 hours a day for our customers and even potential customers) and it is on our signs out side of the shop. I don't want to turn this into a advertisement so I won't put it here.

If you really love parrots you are welcome to come in and share your expertise, if you just want to be a _ _ it disturber continue the way you are doing.

Mahalo Nui Loa

Bob4you

Oh dear! I am very sorry! I must have misunderstood my own post! :D 'Bob', could you please kindly point out to me WHERE in my above post, I stated I was an expert on Parrots? I must be going out of my mind, as I don't recall ever stating that I was a Parrot expert, or ever even thinking I was.

Or, maybe to you, Someone who comes on a forum and kindly tries to advise people where they can pick up quality parrots at cheaper prices, seems like they think they are an Expert? :o

I couldn't really care less whether or not you are a Parrot expert yourself, how much you love your birds, lalala.. I came on this board to make others aware of the experiences I had in your shop, and to also share some valuable information to anyone who is looking for a quality bird, without breaking the bank.

Anyway, So far I have had 2 people PM me asking for details of the bird shop in Jatujak, So just remember that everything you say on this board could be read by a potential customer of yours. Being nasty to others on an online Forum which is read by so many residents of Pattaya, isn't really the way to go when you are trying to run a business. If I'd have read your above posts whilst I was looking to purchase a Parrot, I certainly wouldn't be visiting your shop.

As I stated earlier, If anyone is looking to purchase a Quality Parrot and isn't looking to pay 'Pattaya' prices, PM me and Ill forward the information on... Bangkok is not too far away, and its worth the journey to save 15,000 baht. :D

Ok folks it seems that all that you want to do is discuss the merits of parrots, their proprietors and their owners expertise which I am sure is not what the OP intended when he posted the pics.

If the topic is not worthy of further pertinent additions then maybe it should be closed.

Please no further discussion of parrots here.

There is a pets forum which would seem to be the appropriate place for such discussions.

Thanks.

Ok folks it seems that all that you want to do is discuss the merits of parrots, their proprietors and their owners expertise which I am sure is not what the OP intended when he posted the pics.

If the topic is not worthy of further pertinent additions then maybe it should be closed.

Please no further discussion of parrots here.

There is a pets forum which would seem to be the appropriate place for such discussions.

Thanks.

OK you guys

You heard Pattaya Fox

The Parrot subject is dead

This is a dead Parrot subject

No more talk of the Parrot which is obviously a deceased subject, has gone to meet it's maker and is.....well.....obviously a Dead Parrot Subject

And now for something completely different...............