Us Consulate

Tywais

Was wondering if anyone has tips as to where to park near the US consulate? I go once or twice a year and have to go soon for a signature guarantee and find it frustrating trying to find a place to park. Last couple of times I've parked at Somphet market and took a lort dahng but catching one coming back has proved to be a headache also. Thanks.

? When driving my pickup truck, I have no idea where to park, usually. At the US Consulate, I park the bike on the sidewalk/footpath, like everybody else. Chiang Mai has very few parking places for cars. Yesterday, driving into town in the pickup around noon, I parked in the weirdest place, because there was no other option.

At the US Consulate, I park the bike on the sidewalk/footpath, like everybody else.

Forgot to mention I drive a sedan, so car parking.

I know, that's why I'm no help! I even bought the Nissan NV because (except for a Daihatsu Mira Mint) it's the smallest pickup. If you have a Bluebird, does it have wings? :o

At the US Consulate, I park the bike on the sidewalk/footpath, like everybody else.

Forgot to mention I drive a sedan, so car parking.

If you approach the Consulate with the river ahead of you, turn left at the white chedi and if there's no space along the kerb take the first gate left into the Tessabarn (Municipal Hall).

Smile hugely at the security men. They will try to find you a space on the tarmac but if that's full, turn right in front of the main entrance and find a space on the big dirt area among the redundant/resting buses and council vehicles. Puddles here if wet!

Walk out directly to the Consulate, smiling all the way. It's OK. When the Consulate has big meetings they have a 'working agreement' over this.