Warrants Out For Pyramid Scheme

george

Warrants out for pyramid

YASOTHON: -- Yasothon police yesterday took out arrest warrants against a local finance official and her husband for defrauding about 100 clients of their pyramid scheme.

In a telephone interview earlier in the morning, Saengthip Khuimuangphan denied that she and her husband Sakkawin cheated the clients of Dollar Yasothon, saying they obtained their client's money as loans. Both fled and have been charged with public fraud after warrants for their arrests were approved by a local court.

Saengthip, head of the finance department of the Sam Yaek Tambon Administration Organisation in Lerng Noktha district, had promised to pay Bt81 each week for a long period of time on each investment of Bt3,800, around US$100. Police said the 100 investors had lost up to Bt10 million to both suspects.

In Bangkok, 100 people filed a complaint to the Department of Special Investigation against the management of Andaman Franchise Co Ltd, saying they were conned out of Bt20 million. The group said the firm's office in Bang Kapi district had closed and the management was on the run.

Andaman Franchise opened in October with paid-up capital of Bt5 million, guaranteeing to pay Bt1,200 to each member every month for every Bt600 invested.

DSI spokesman Piyawat Kingket said the management of Easy Network Marketing Co Ltd, which had run the Rice Seeds scheme, would be arrested if they were found to have intimidated clients again, like they did in the past week.

-- The Nation 2008-01-10

If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably isn't true.

Greed will make people do silly things!!

People who fall for pyramid schemes probably have dealings with Nigerian government officials, UK Lottery prizes that they didn't buy tickets in - there is no such thing as a free lunch.

People who fall for pyramid schemes probably have dealings with Nigerian government officials, UK Lottery prizes that they didn't buy tickets in - there is no such thing as a free lunch.

I found half a Big Mac in a rubbish bin the other day. Wrapped up and thrown away. I got a free lunch :o

An annoying cliché.

Sometimes things that sound good are good and usually greedy people are the ones getting rich.

I found half a Big Mac in a rubbish bin the other day. Wrapped up and thrown away. I got a free lunch :o

Yes, the Hepatite B was indeed free...

I found half a Big Mac in a rubbish bin the other day. Wrapped up and thrown away. I got a free lunch :D

:o:D:D