Taking Duty Free Liquor On To Domestic Flight

Arandora

My wife and I are allowed to bring in 1 litre of "spiritous liquor" each into Thailand, yes? If we buy this in Duty Free before leaving UK or in Abu Dhabi on the way or, indeed, from one of the shops on the concourse near luggage carousel, all of which should seal it in plastic bag, can we then take it onto AirAsia flight to Phuket, so long as plastic bags remain closed? Or would we be advised to pack it in our checked in luggage in UK or put it in there before checking in on Phuket flight?

My wife and I are allowed to bring in 1 litre of "spiritous liquor" each into Thailand, yes? If we buy this in Duty Free before leaving UK or in Abu Dhabi on the way or, indeed, from one of the shops on the concourse near luggage carousel, all of which should seal it in plastic bag, can we then take it onto AirAsia flight to Phuket, so long as plastic bags remain closed? Or would we be advised to pack it in our checked in luggage in UK or put it in there before checking in on Phuket flight?

Take it from me...put it in your checked luggage and hope it doesn't get stolen. I bought a bottle in Dubai and went to get on an Air Asia flight from BKK to Phuket. You guessed it, they wouldn't allow it on. Had to discard a very nice bottle of bourbon. If it doesn't fit the "under a 100 ml" rule, it doesn't go on. Maybe you can talk them into it...I couldn't.

Take it from me...put it in your checked luggage and hope it doesn't get stolen. I bought a bottle in Dubai and went to get on an Air Asia flight from BKK to Phuket. You guessed it, they wouldn't allow it on. Had to discard a very nice bottle of bourbon. If it doesn't fit the "under a 100 ml" rule, it doesn't go on. Maybe you can talk them into it...I couldn't.

Thanks. That's what I suspected. It's not just Thailand. It's the same in UK. If we have to change aircraft in UK we are not allowed to take on anything above 100ml even if it is still in the sealed Duty Free bags but didn't know whether Thailand had implemented that rule yet.